Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 17:43   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 45,213
Thanked: 72,393 Times
Default

Damn, lost an alloy wheel cap and it's annoying to see one single wheel running empty. Any pointers on where I could pick this up? I'd prefer a cap of the same design, but if not possible, a set of 5 is okay.

Thanks
Attached Images
  
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 17:48   #32
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,625
Thanked: 844 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

if its the rear where you lost the cap, do check whether the metal cap of the rear wheel bearing housing is in good condition. other wise you can change that also. generally its an ignored part of the wheel ( costs just Rs10 at A.S.S. ) but if it has crumbled due to rusting, it can accelerate bearing wear.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 20:30   #33
BHPian
 
WasavaTyres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 685
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
if its the rear where you lost the cap, do check whether the metal cap of the rear wheel bearing housing is in good condition. other wise you can change that also. generally its an ignored part of the wheel ( costs just Rs10 at A.S.S. ) but if it has crumbled due to rusting, it can accelerate bearing wear.
Narayan Narayan, If we started getting alloy caps @ 10 then it'd be a diff world altogether,and that too at A.S.S

GTO I guess this is a older HR design. I do have some of the newer caps on me. If you could give me a rough diameter on this cap maybe I could help.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 20:59   #34
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 881
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Narayan Narayan, If we started getting alloy caps @ 10 then it'd be a diff world altogether,and that too at A.S.S

GTO I guess this is a older HR design. I do have some of the newer caps on me. If you could give me a rough diameter on this cap maybe I could help.
What Narayan said is to check the "metal cap of the rear wheel bearing housing" which is on the wheel drum. He had an issue with his OHC's rear wheel bearing when this missing cap was found to be the culprit!
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 22:00   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 406
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Hi,

I am looking for (atleast) two Alloy Wheel Center Caps for my Swift (7 spokes). Any help/pointers will be apprecaited.

regards,
manju
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 22:27   #36
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

I am looking for (atleast) two Alloy Wheel Center Caps for my Swift (7 spokes). Any help/pointers will be apprecaited.

regards,
manju
Should be able to get them at CST Road, Kurla, Mumbai, I think.
Will check, next time I am there.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 22:37   #37
BHPian
 
namit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 390
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Can someone guide where in Delhi, will i get the CHEVY logo centre alloy's cap for my Aveo.

I observed 1 missing and no tyre change nothing but 1 is amiss.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 22:44   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 406
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Should be able to get them at CST Road, Kurla, Mumbai, I think.
Will check, next time I am there.
Hi Ram, Thanks. Will wiat for your response.

In mean time any pointers to get in Bangalore?

manju
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 16:55   #39
BHPian
 
ssh1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 106 Times
Question Re: Alloy Wheel Center Caps

During my recent drive from Chennai to Coimbatore, the wheel centre cap of one of the wheels fell off somewhere :( The day before it had been to the wheel alignment and balancing garage and I assumed they would have fit it properly after work was complete. I could have done better by checking them myself.

I have also noticed that the other wheels' caps are getting lose.

Hence I decided to start my search for the elusive and probably unavailable set of wheel caps for my alloys:

Name:  Lenso Lethal Wheel1.jpg
Views: 3542
Size:  10.4 KB

Name:  Lenso Lethal Wheel2.jpg
Views: 3402
Size:  10.8 KB

Name:  Lenso Lethal Wheel3.jpg
Views: 3483
Size:  11.5 KB


Online, the only places where I could find these wheels listed were Russian sites. Take a look for example: Диски Lenso Lethal в магазине ЭлПокупка. Разумные цены плюс удобная доставка литых дисков Lenso Lethal по Петербургу.

Is there anyone who can point me to where I can get these caps?

Is it possible to make them out of a mould or something and does somebody do that?

If I leave the centre open to air, would I have a rust problem?

Last edited by ssh1979 : 21st August 2012 at 16:58.
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:52   #40
BHPian
 
patil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shorapur
Posts: 339
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Alloy Wheel Center Caps

Hey guys I lost two caps for my 15' MOMO alloys. It looks very ackward but I am helpless as the supplier of the alloys expressed his helplessness. Please advise me as to where can I find the caps for the alloys and if I cant get two I dont mind changing the entire four with new ones.
Thanks in advance.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 23:52   #41
BHPian
 
amiya.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Alloy Wheel Center Caps

A biker hit my wheel while changing his lane in a hurry and broke the alloy wheel cap. I am very desperate to get the cap of the same design, it hurts to see one wheel running without the cap. Please help me with pointers in Bangalore.
A set of 5 for a new design would also do.
Attached Images
 
amiya.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 14:49   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,555
Thanked: 1,164 Times
Unhappy Cheaper option for i20 14inch Alloy wheel center cap?

Recently one of the alloy wheel center cap of my i20 went missing.It is the pre facelift design. I thought,ok, what is the big deal , i will buy another one. Called up HASS and asked them for availability and then price.I got nasty surprised when i heard the price - Approx 900 bucks! Panicked and asked the guy that i want only one cap and not four. He coolly replied that the price is for one cap!!

Now this is exhorbitant and insane price for a single alloy wheel cap which is a piece of clear coated plastic . I looked for alternatives on ebay global but could not find the right design.I think the 14 inch wheel is sold only in India.


Wanted to know from you guys if there is any other place where i can get one for cheaper price?

Thanks
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 15:19   #43
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 8,540 Times
Default Re: Cheaper option for i20 14inch Alloy wheel center cap?

Please measure the dimensions of the cap well from the wheel and check Aliexpress.com. You may be able to find one there. Found some links with varying diameters and colors.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hyund...882117381.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Frees...892582748.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-...111829039.html

You can request the dealer to ship the caps through DPEX. It is much faster than China Post and offers a proper tracking facility. It is cheaper compared to UPS, DHL and FedEx.

PS: We have a thread on this topic - Alloy Wheel Center Caps

team bhp + wheel center caps - Google Search
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 19:07   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,555
Thanked: 1,164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please measure the dimensions of the cap well from the wheel and check Aliexpress.com. You may be able to find one there. Found some links with varying diameters and colors.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hyund...882117381.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Frees...892582748.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-...111829039.html

You can request the dealer to ship the caps through DPEX. It is much faster than China Post and offers a proper tracking facility. It is cheaper compared to UPS, DHL and FedEx.

PS: We have a thread on this topic - Alloy Wheel Center Caps

team bhp + wheel center caps - Google Search
None of the wheel caps match the pattern of the stock cap. The stock cap is not plain but has raised edges where the cap meets the wheel. I tried all these links before I posted my query here.

Thanks for your effort
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 22:22   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,122
Thanked: 1,132 Times
Default Re: Alloy Wheel Center Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
A biker hit my wheel while changing his lane in a hurry and broke the alloy wheel cap. I am very desperate to get the cap of the same design, it hurts to see one wheel running without the cap. Please help me with pointers in Bangalore.
A set of 5 for a new design would also do.
Did you get your cap? I was not aware of this thread, and had a similar need a couple of months ago. I finally found the Ford Service Center stocking it. I paid Rs 350 for a set of 2. You can see the picture in my long-term ownership thread of the Fiesta. My alloy wheel's design is slightly different though it is a stock Ford alloy. See post # 473 in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6-sxi-32.html

@sagarpadaki--the service center guys sometimes get confused between a central alloy wheel cap and a normal wheel cap on a steel wheel. I too got a shock when my normal A.S.S center told me over phone that it costs around 1100 bucks per piece! But when I visited another Ford A.S.S., they quickly replaced the front set of 2 for Rs 350!

Moral of the story: visit the A.S.S, else they do not understand what part you are referring to.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th May 2014 at 22:30.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps maglev Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 3rd August 2016 13:36
Do Wheel Caps Disturb Wheel Balance leadf00t Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 19th January 2009 15:22
Need Verna wheel Caps veerarajus Shifting gears 4 19th August 2007 19:42
wheel caps or covers... why should they be silver? gigy Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 18 15th March 2007 20:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks