Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 2nd June 2007, 12:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore: Dealers with Rim straightening machine

Which are some of the good tyre dealers in Bangalore (in terms of their service) and who have a Rim straightening machine.

I need to do both, buy a new set of tyre and get 1 rim straightened (it has slight bumps).
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Have seen a wheel straightening machine at vijay wheel alignment in basavangudi.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yes, you have to go to vijay wheel alignment. They do a great job with it. None of the other guys have it.
2 years back the Ulsoor center did not have it, so I used to go all the way near Lal bagh from Marthahalli side to get rims straightened.
That said it is arguably the best wheel/alignment shop in BLR!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 22:57   #4
BHPian

Any clue where in delhi I should go Tanveer !
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Does this rim straightening thing really work ? can they bring it back to the original shape ? i seriously doubt that.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:42   #6
BHPian

They do do a pretty neat job of it,the only hitch is when an inexperienced hand works on it and pulls the wheel rim 'edge' too far back.Then the tyre mounting becomes an issue and on tyre changers due to the force of the motor the tyre bead tends to peel. But this happens only and only if the rim is not handled/repaired properly. Otherwise rim straightners are a good thing to have to smoothen out bent edges.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:48   #7
Team-BHP Support

By the way what is the exact term for this rim straightening thing? I think it is Thoroughing although all these wheel balancing shops insist on calling it 'throwing'. I seriously doubt whether that is the correct term; IMO, it makes no sense or meaning.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:56   #8
BHPian

Tyre proffesionals(next to Bangalore Hospital) on R.V Road have the above mentioned facility.
Desert fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 02:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Any clue where in delhi I should go Tanveer !
I saw it being done at tyre shoppe in Noida. I guess anybody with the machine should be okay
Old 4th June 2007, 12:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes, you have to go to vijay wheel alignment. They do a great job with it. None of the other guys have it.
2 years back the Ulsoor center did not have it, so I used to go all the way near Lal bagh from Marthahalli side to get rims straightened.
That said it is arguably the best wheel/alignment shop in BLR!
Whats the address/landmark ???

@DF, will check out TP also near Bangalore Hospital.

Thanks to both of you
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

Call : 25511034, this is frazer town number, you can ask them directions for their other center, forgot the address though
Old 4th June 2007, 20:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Vijay wheel alignment is on St.Johns road
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 16:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had visited Vijay Wheel Alignment on St. John's Road, Bangalore a few days back and asked them what type of alignment machine they had? They said a 'manual' machine. What does that mean? I thought they would have either a standard 2D one or an advanced 3D one. By 'maunal' do they mean the 'Ambassador/Padmini' way of thread and alignment by eye :-)?

Confused. Can somebody help? Else will take my cars to Madhus near Richmond Circle.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 21:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

I know this thread is a year old , but here's my take

I ended up with a bent alloy on my previous trip and it has been ironed out. Left the alloy with my tire dealer itself and he got it done for me.

The problem is when the bend is on the exterior of the alloy. I was told that if the exterior side of the alloy is bent its a safer bet to use it as a spare wheel.

John it works else I would have ended up paying another 4grand odd for a new alloy wheel.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 19:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

From my last trip (to Wayanad) I ended up with a bend rim.

I actually went into to Tyre Professionals (near Bangalore Hospital) due to a very visible bend in one of the front rims. They checked it and found it to be perfect.

Happy about that, but then the supervisor advised that it is better to check the other wheels and what do you know - one has a slight but noticeable bend, and the other two are bend like hell!!! You can just see them going east and west standing 10m away!!!

Guess these rims are just not made to with stand all those bad roads in our country!!! And guess I over estimated their strength!

Shocked, I asked the supervisor if it can be repaired which turned out negative. Was adviced to get 3 news rims! :( ( got to do it fast, else I also stand the risk of uneven tyre wear).

Now the question - is it not at all possible to remove these bends?

I have the stock 12" Alto rims.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote