Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 24th April 2012, 09:47   #616
BHPian

Is the Bf goodrich a/t tyre still available in delhi?? And if so could some one please tell me how much it retails for. Also i have been quoted 6300/ rs per bridgestone dueller that come with the safari and after exchanging these i am being quoted 9100/rs per tyre for yokos geolander A/t do the prices sound right?
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 10:10   #617
BHPian

Cool re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Is the Bf goodrich a/t tyre still available in delhi?? And if so could some one please tell me how much it retails for. Also i have been quoted 6300/ rs per bridgestone dueller that come with the safari and after exchanging these i am being quoted 9100/rs per tyre for yokos geolander A/t do the prices sound right?
Now that's known as ROBBERY in broad daylight.

Buy back price (6300 per tyre) for OEM duellers is okay. But the price quoted for Geos is way TOO HIGH.

Karol Bagh dealers are selling the stock size (235) in 6900 where as Reliance Autozone (EDM mall) is selling the same in 7400. You can try BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar also. You can save 2200x5 = 11000, if you go to Karol Bagh but please check the manufacturing dates.

By the way, which dealer has quotes 9100?

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 24th April 2012 at 10:13.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 15:23   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish

Now that's known as ROBBERY in broad daylight.

Buy back price (6300 per tyre) for OEM duellers is okay. But the price quoted for Geos is way TOO HIGH.

Karol Bagh dealers are selling the stock size (235) in 6900 where as Reliance Autozone (EDM mall) is selling the same in 7400. You can try BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar also. You can save 2200x5 = 11000, if you go to Karol Bagh but please check the manufacturing dates.

By the way, which dealer has quotes 9100?

Cheers!
Irish
Just to check that my hearing is correct i called the gentleman again to check the price for yoko geos A/T 255 profile and he says its 9600 a piece. At B.K tyre lajpat nagar.
Old 25th April 2012, 02:32   #619
BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have checked the BF Goodrich Long Trail Tyres. The thread pattern looks like a highway tyre. However the sidewall was a disappointment. I expected a tough sidewall for this tyre. But it flexed a lot and it is made of soft compound. So I doubt if this tyre can take any of the trail driving through rocks. Seems very prone sidewall cuts. Bridgestones have much tougher sidewalls

So the question arises
What exactly is trail driving? Could anyone correct me.
I thought it was driving through graveled (rocky) roads.
For such terrains, there is a high probability of side wall cuts in the tires. Hence I thought, Long trail tires tires should be having tough sidewalls with highway tread like pattern. But seeing the tire i was disappointed with the soft sidewall. It is made for trail driving through just dusty/muddy dry roads (with no stones)

Just for the sake of it, I have checked Michelin Latitude Cross. Again the soft sidewall on one side was a big disappointment. However, the otherside seemed to have a tougher sidewall. Even if it had a strong sidewall, I would not have chosen it because of the premium price.

Also checked out MRF Wanderers. Here I got an opportunity to test the wanderers on another Safari (Glad that the owner gave me a ride). I thought my bridgestones made a lot of noise and would be Ok with a little more noise of the Wanderers. However, the noise inside the safari was deafening, much worse than I thought. I would not want spend 1000kms continuously on a highway on this tyre which is very frequent for me. I would be deaf by the time I reach the destination. Also, I heard from dealer that MRF Wanderer has hard compound which gets harder very quickly and hence prone to cracks (However, I do not believe him).

Even though I shortlisted a GoodYear Wrangler as an option, I did not find good reviews on the internet. The reviews were just bad to worse. So did not consider them after initial shortlisting of tyre.

So I might go back to bridgestones for now as none of the other tyres seem to meet my requirement to the T. The price quoted to me was 7800 Rs per tyre of Bridgestone Dueler 689 H/T. The 694 is not available in India. I will go back to couple of other places to bargain.
What would be the best price to buy these tyres?

Last edited by himavanth_m : 25th April 2012 at 02:41.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 10:10   #620
Senior - BHPian

I would sugest you consider "Apollo Hawks" am pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I have checked the BF Goodrich Long Trail Tyres. What would be the best price to buy these tyres?
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 10:43   #621
BHPian

Cool re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Just to check that my hearing is correct i called the gentleman again to check the price for yoko geos A/T 255 profile and he says its 9600 a piece. At B.K tyre lajpat nagar.
Oh my God!

I had heard a lot about this dealer and didn't expect this from him. If you can trust Karol Bagh dealers then you can visit Kanwal Tyres (authorized dealer for Yokohama) for Geos with bill and warranty @ 6900 per tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
So I might go back to bridgestones for now as none of the other tyres seem to meet my requirement to the T. The price quoted to me was 7800 Rs per tyre of Bridgestone Dueler 689 H/T. The 694 is not available in India. I will go back to couple of other places to bargain.
What would be the best price to buy these tyres?
It means that fresh duellers in Delhi are cheaper (around 6600). Anyways, the new duellers (exchanged by new owners) are available at cheaper than the normal rates. Such tyres have run for 100-500 kms but you need to be careful about the manufacturing dates of such tyres.

Did you try Geolanders? Noise will be less than the Wanderers.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 25th April 2012, 10:44   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The price quoted is quite high. When I exchanged my brand new Safari tyres from them in Jan-12, I was given the following deal in exchange of stock Bridgestone Dueller HT tyres -

1. Yokohama Geolander AT-S -> 3000
2. Michelin Latitude Cross -> 6000

I went in for Michelin as I found their side walls harder as compare to Yoko plus I liked the tread pattern. Overall in past 9000 kms I have found the tyre very good for highway and city where my major running has been.

Naman
naman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 21:17   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu

Its a pin puncture, get them overinflated to about 45psi and then check under water for bubbles.
Dadu,

Got all four tyres checked and one of tyre indeed had a valve leak so replaced it.

Btw, I got my spare bs changed to BFGoodrich a/t ko @6100/- only courtesy reliance. They had only one last piece left.

In 20,000 Kim's run I noticed that the tread consumption was 2 mm. So I think these tyres will last approx 60-70k easily. The new tyre has tread depth of 9mm

The tyre prices are exorbitant now phew..so I will keep that BS as emergency during long trips.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 27th April 2012 at 21:18.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 12:18   #624
BHPian

Quote:
I got Yoko Geo 255 for 9100 from BK, around few months back.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 00:58   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10

I got Yoko Geo 255 for 9100 from BK, around few months back.
Well then i guess he is quoting correctly havent had the time to check other places. Did you get alloys also ??
Old 10th May 2012, 20:43   #626
BHPian

Got my safari yesterday and got my rims and tyres changed today. Was getting quotes in the range of 9300 to 9700 for yokohama Geo ATs. Was gonna go to B.K tyres lajpat. As fate would have it met someone coincidently who upon getting to know of my upgrades went along with me to Tyre Zone karol bagh, as he has been doin business with them for 10 years.

There i was told that i would get ghe yokos for 8500/ and an exchange of 6500 for the bridgestones . But the owner micky asned me if i plan to offroad or drive on trails i said nope. I was suggested Achilles HT 255/70/16 instead saw them ,Loved them and well bought them so all in all got a set of 4 tyres and alloys and paid half of what i planned to spend googled Achilles and well its a us based tyre so felt it would not be as bad. Also got a 4 year warranty on the tyre for any defects plus the guy said that the tyres would definately last for 50 K kms.
Old 10th May 2012, 20:56   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my safari yesterday and got my rims and tyres changed today. Was getting quotes in the range of 9300 to 9700 for yokohama Geo ATs. Was gonna go to B.K tyres lajpat. As fate would have it met someone coincidently who upon getting to know of my upgrades went along with me to Tyre Zone karol bagh, as he has been doin business with them for 10 years.

There i was told that i would get ghe yokos for 8500/ and an exchange of 6500 for the bridgestones . But the owner micky asned me if i plan to offroad or drive on trails i said nope. I was suggested Achilles HT 255/70/16 instead saw them ,Loved them and well bought them so all in all got a set of 4 tyres and alloys and paid half of what i planned to spend googled Achilles and well its a us based tyre so felt it would not be as bad. Also got a 4 year warranty on the tyre for any defects plus the guy said that the tyres would definately last for 50 K kms.
Congrats on your Safari, but I hope the tyres you got for "half the price" are good enough for Indian roads, Yoko Geolandars are tried and trusted on our roads, personally I'd prefer them any day over unknown brands, just my thoughts.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 21:09   #628
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Got my safari yesterday and got my rims and tyres changed today.

So Born2BeWild has got the beast? Anyways, congratulations! Wish you all the very best with your beast.

Please post few pics of your new tyres. Any cutting (in front area) was done for 255s? Can you turn the steering wheel to the max on both the sides easily?

OT: Which color you have got?

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 10th May 2012 at 21:10.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:20   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish

So Born2BeWild has got the beast? Anyways, congratulations! Wish you all the very best with your beast.

Please post few pics of your new tyres. Any cutting (in front area) was done for 255s? Can you turn the steering wheel to the max on both the sides easily?

OT: Which color you have got?

Cheers!
Irish
Yes sir finally got the beast yesterday and got the wheels alloys and seat covers done today the ice will be done tommorow
Got a black Lx
There was some cutting done quite minimum about 3 inches and the, the price to pay for 255s :P the sterring does turn lock to lock easily will be putting up pics tommorow in the alloy wheel thread.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:51   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker

Congrats on your Safari, but I hope the tyres you got for "half the price" are good enough for Indian roads, Yoko Geolandars are tried and trusted on our roads, personally I'd prefer them any day over unknown brands, just my thoughts.
Well sir to trust a thing you have to test it so i wont pass judgement on these tyres till i test them, also i said i spent half the amount i was planning to. I dint mean that the tyres cost half of what a yoko geo At would. I got rims very cheap, lower then market price weird are the ways of god lol