Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 19th June 2007, 15:34   #16
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
That color- called Beam Blue, was stopped some months back at the time they released the current batch of newer colors

gys, wat cud be the reason for MUL stopping the beam blue shade ?
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Maybe cos they wanted the swift to look more funky with dark colors than this one
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 19:59   #19
Team-BHP Support

geek be careful when going for white alloys and ensure they are from a reputed brand, lot of taiwanese ones floating around in white
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 10:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jaggu, Hows my choice is it ok or shall i go for some other brand as i dont know much about alloys and 4 wheels too .
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 11:34   #21
Team-BHP Support

hi ajay, league is a good brand, ensure the pcs and offset are correct, thats all.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 20:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

jaggu/others

i have opted for plati 14" gunmetal alloys and goodyear 14" 195 tread tyres (since these were the only bidirectional ones available) - michelin was expensive 4k more than good year and bridgestone had unidirectional tyres only. so went in for good year.

for the alloys it was 23,500 bucks and for the tyres at exchange of 800 per tyre it was 18000 bucks. i m not sure i did the best choice, but somewhere we have to be done with it. can you guys lemme know whether this was ok?

my old car loan should be settled tomorrow and after loan, i ll be getting about 20k back from the car. so effective on road, 5.95 to 6 lacs almost. i am also opting for teflon coating and side beadings. other than that, nothing else.

plan to fit stereo, sun film and seat covers outside.

please educate if my choices were ok.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 21:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

geeksrik good choice of alloys(gun-metal) I love them. Check with Mahesh(theMAG) regarding the price for Plati's. He is running them on his car.

Tyres GSD II's? I picked them at 3400/- per piece in Feb for my car.

Instead of the teflon coating why dont you get an extended warranty or even central locking with door censors?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 22:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

rj, i also liked them when i looked at them. the dealer doesnt stock much of them, and i also probably know he is fleecing me a bit, but i wanted most things under one roof. for the rest i ll do it elsewhere. i do have extended warranty too on the car, and the car itself has immobilizer with mechanical central lock. putting a key based central lock is just an add on which is of no real VFM.

and as for tyres i think the prices are on the higher side. but darn, its ok with me. as i said i just want the car in one piece and i m outta this dealer for good. they have also taken my old cars rc book and insurance copies and they will be closing the loan on that.
Old 20th June 2007, 23:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

geeksrik , IMO yes its expensive. Well once again, its your choice as to how you want to get this done .

I sure can say this, other dealers can give you a good deal.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 23:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
if you can show me both gun metal and white on this car, crazy, i ll be indebted to you dude.

thanks!
am really sorry.

Missed the thread. Chose gunmetal? Cool...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 23:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jaggu/others

i have opted for plati 14" gunmetal alloys and goodyear 14" 195 tread tyres (since these were the only bidirectional ones available) - michelin was expensive 4k more than good year and bridgestone had unidirectional tyres only. so went in for good year.

Great choice of alloys, please post pics of the alloys. I had a good idea that they will look great on the blue swift. I would have chosen michelins, but it is your choice finally. Hurrah !!! have a great time with your new car.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 13:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey Geek how much time the dealer took to delever the car after booking and which dealer?
Also from where you are getting you cars sun control film, seat covers n all?
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 20:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey all

looks like thread is running too fast. for starters my car would be in only saturday. so i ll get it only by monday. also i cancelled my alloys and tires with the dealer. i ll be installing it probably from auto fusion, a shop in koramangala, who is giving a nice variety. thanks to jaggu for the suggestion to check him out.

the rates -

alloys, lenso, gun metal ones, five spokes - ~ 21000 and odd for set of 5 (15")

michelin/yoko/bridgestone (195) ~ 3800 - 5000 per tyre and exchange 850 per tyre.

seat covers - gsport and his own brand - classic - which is far better than gsport - between 4000 to 6000 depending on choice

other than this i ll upgrade my pioneer which is there in my old car with two more speakers (component or non component depending on choice and money)

sun film lumar he is quoting 2k all the way upto 14k depending on convenience.

he has also told me he ll give me good horns (the skoda kinds)

now i would like to know from you guys whether this pricing sounds ok? early replies are welcome
Old 21st June 2007, 20:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

ajay

please look at the sx4 threads, and swift diesel devliery woes, sx4 delivery woes, and jaggu's long term reports to know my experiences i ve gone with bimal, but i wouldnt advise anyone to do the same. also you can look at accessories outside.