Team-BHP - Modifying my Alto VXI 1.1 Alloy Rims and Tires
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Modifying my Alto VXI 1.1 Alloy Rims and Tires (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/25324-modifying-my-alto-vxi-1-1-alloy-rims-tires.html)

Hello Car Gurus!!
I recently got some stickering done on my "dependable" she is a ALTO VXI 1.1 and now am planning to go for alloy rims and mag wheels along with K&N universal filter. I need suggestions as i have browsed on the threads but i do have some queries as well and here are they....

1. I have a 12" stock with bridge stone tires and i am planning for a 13" alloy rims and wanted to know is it advisable regarding comfort,braking and gripping?{one dealer was suggesting NEO ALLOYS---INR 14.5K for the 5 tires, with 1 year warranty and LEE and other imported for INR 15.5K without warranty}---------------> Please help me decide on this.

2. How about Michelin Tires (INR 3.2K) and Yokohama (INR 2.7K) Tubeless?

I am in Bangalore and if anyone has recently done such modifications, please help me with details about the guy who does it and any pointers and suggestions on this would be higly appreciated.

---Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 472822)

I am in Bangalore and if anyone has recently done such modifications, please help me with details about the guy who does it and any pointers and suggestions on this would be higly appreciated.

---Vijay

Michelin of what size? I recently upgraded my ALto to 155/65R13 Michelin XM1 which cost me Rs 2175 / tyre....

Prize of Alloys will vary from 14K to 16K depending upon branding and shop...

Abhi

Please go thru this thread for dealers in bangalore
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...bangalore.html

Quote:

1. I have a 12" stock with bridge stone tires and i am planning for a 13" alloy rims and wanted to know is it advisable regarding comfort,braking and gripping?
As for the alloys, 13 inchers is perfectly fine for an Alto.Go for it, am sure you will love it.

Quote:

Our resident travel guru akroy has been running his alto on Michelins. Let him answer that. Yoko's I dunno :).

Don't hunt what you can't kill?! Isn't that the show-stopper, the main event?!

Depends on what you want from your car. Though with the 1.1, I'd stick with Yokohama A539s.

Well! that punch line is for some one following me :)) ..... thanks for the feedback ....the yoko's treading was some what different from michelin's which the dealer showed me...so just wanted to know which has better grip and yoko's are a couple of hundred's lesser as well...

Thank you rjstyles......but i was wondering if i upgrade to a 13" do i need to raise the chassis as well....i am mainiy worried about the tyre scraping the body.......and would like to know about specific upgraders who do a pretty decent job based on your past experiences...

Hi roy.....i am also planning on 155/65 R13 and are there any other specs u wud recommend for ALTO......and how about League and Hijoin imported rims or shud i stick to Neo----indian made with warranty..... and can u point me to as to where you had done it if u r satisfied....and i was wondering if my old bridgestone can be exchanged after having done 19K almost....

i would suggest not to buy 5 mag wheels ,go for just 4, the 5th one would be in the boot, if it was a suv with wheel mounted at the rear would be worth it, this is waste of money

Quote:

Thank you rjstyles......
Anytime mate
Quote:

but i was wondering if i upgrade to a 13" do i need to raise the chassis as well
Depends. I had installed spacers in my car.
Quote:

would like to know about specific upgraders who do a pretty decent job based on your past experiences.
If its upgrading tyres then I have already posted the thread which has some of the best tyre installers in town.
With regards to spacers, you can get it done at any of the MASS in town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 473064)
Hi roy.....i am also planning on 155/65 R13 and are there any other specs u wud recommend for ALTO......and how about League and Hijoin imported rims or shud i stick to Neo----indian made with warranty..... and can u point me to as to where you had done it if u r satisfied....and i was wondering if my old bridgestone can be exchanged after having done 19K almost....

Super Tyre Tec, JC ROad... Read my thread "Bye Bye JKs Welcome michelins" and also my LTO thread...

The owner prakash is nice man and he is a distributor of Michelin...I got the best deal from him....

Abhi

Thanks Abhi.....Will check out the shop and try 2 get things done and am trying 2 decide on alloy rims.....whether 2 go for indian like NEO or imported like League,Hijoin.....will think about and after upgrading will upload the pics....

Hai "desigNation" yea true that 5 wheels is a waste of money compared to 4, but do dealers give 4 wheels ? then how about the stephney...as i plan to rotate the tires every 4.5 to 5k

they do give give 4 wheels, even 1, thats not an issue at all, but if you plan to rotate wheels ,in a situation like this you should avoid the stepney, use it only in an emergency.

Hello VJ, I have put 165/60/13 bridigstone potenza+ Aura alloys wheels in my alto, And as designation pointed out I only got 4/ I have the stock tyre as stepeny,

Good thing aura/neo is that you can replace a single wheel if at all it get's damaged, Not really sure if the imported ones would be able to do that

Best of Luck

Thanks "designation and Knight Rider" for the inputs....am presently doing some researchand alloted another 3 to 4 weeks...with all of u'r inputs and i know one fine morning i will get up and get those done...
Knighty....is 165/60R13 ok for an ALTO as many suggested 155/65R13 ...as i dont want the body to scrape the tire and did u also lift up u'r chassis for that spec of ur's....lemme know...

Hey Knight Rider!!! where have u done the upsizing and did u get u'r stock exchanged for a reasonable amount...jus share the info buddy as i have currently stock tires 145/80R12 Bridgestone S248 and am planning to upscale to 155/65/R13 jus needed info about u'r spec n the feel of it after its done....

Hey Guys!
First of all thanks to all the members who had given excellent info about my post and after around 2 months of contemplation and research finally yesterday after i woke up, i decided enough of this research and finally went to fetch 13" League Alloys for 14.5 from a shop in JC Road and Michelin XM1 165/60R13 from Sai Iyengar as i liked the guys attitude and interaction with me and got the 5 tires for 12K and here is it....

ImageShack - Hosting :: mycar010ug6.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: mycar011dv9.jpg

I will upload more of them later...

thanks in particular abhi(akroy),rjstyles,desigNation,KnightRider and v1p3r for all of your inputs and suggestions....