Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 6th July 2007, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Question Stones in tyre tread

I saw there are some small stones in the tyre between threads. I removed some of them, but there are lot many minute particles which is very difficult to remove. Will this create any problem.

When do we swap tyres. I have done 17k kilometers, I am not sure whether it has been done in the service.
gopinathann is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:26   #2
BHPian

Get it to the tyre-wala he'll do it for you. Shouldn't be a problem. Will just create excessive noise.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I saw there are some small stones in the tyre between threads. I removed some of them, but there are lot many minute particles which is very difficult to remove. Will this create any problem.
As Rohan said, take it to a tyre shop and have them removed. They generally are not harmful but may get wedged in very deep if you don't remove them at an early stage.

Quote:
When do we swap tyres. I have done 17k kilometers, I am not sure whether it has been done in the service.
If by swap you mean "rotate', you should go ahead and do it now (find out from the workshop if they did it already). Tyre rotation is recommended every 12K kms or so.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 09:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
U mean rotate...You should rotate ur tyres every 5000km....

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 11:14   #5
BHPian

hey, this thread should be in the "Tyre & Alloy Wheel Section". Mods, do the needful.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 22:40   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the comments. I could not find the exact section to place this thread, so ended up somewhere else. Thanks for putting it in the right place.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 16:44   #7
BHPian

Default Re: Stones in tyre tread

Apologies for bumping an old thread. I am facing a peculiar problem. I've completed 1000 kms with my Ciaz with appollo typres. I have a weird problem with my rear right tyre. There are always, i do mean ALWAYS, stones stuck in the tread. I have a small patch of untarred section near my house and no matter how many times i remove the stones, the right rear (and no other) tyre picks up stones in this section.

The tak-tak noise gets so bad that I can not drive with windows down. Is there a particular problem with that tyre? I've checked tyre pressure multiple times.

Also, will it cause damage to the tyre long term if I stop picking the stones out and ignore them?

Thanks in advance.
Abhiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 17:06   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
.. weird problem with my rear right tyre. There are always, i do mean ALWAYS, stones stuck in the tread.
Stones in the tread pattern should not be a problem. But regarding the specific tyre - have you tried to swap that tyre into another position & see what happens ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 17:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Stones in the tread pattern should not be a problem. But regarding the specific tyre - have you tried to swap that tyre into another position & see what happens ?
No, I haven't. That's an excellent idea! That should clear up if its the tyre being too "Attractive" or if there's a different issue.

Thanks a million.
Abhiram is offline   Reply With Quote