Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 7th July 2007, 06:13   #1
BHPian

Default Tyre change in Aveo

I am contemplating changing my existing Goodyear to Bridgestone bcoz i feel goodyears skid a lot and dont have good grip on roads.

Bridgestone bcoz now thats factory fitted with Aveo .... earlier Aveos were coming with Goodyears.

Moreover i am convinced to go for the change bcoz i have heard some people unsatisfied with quality of Goodyear tyres - wear out faster, lack of grip and more road noise.

I dont want to upgrade them but just replace them. The size for Aveo is - 185/60 R14.

Please suggest if Goodyears are really that bad, which variant of Bridgestones should i go for, there price and any other brand i should consider which is available in this size.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 09:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

you can get potenza g3s in that size. will give you loads of grip but do make a bit of noise.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 10:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Moreover i am convinced to go for the change bcoz i have heard some people unsatisfied with quality of Goodyear tyres - wear out faster, lack of grip and more road noise.

Please suggest if Goodyears are really that bad
Well you got about the Goodyear's right! They are actually not so good tyres & much better options are available in the market.

Point is what is your priority from the tyres, do you want more ride comfort at the cost of some grip or you want more grip at the cost of some comfort?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 13:50   #4
BHPian

i thought grip and ride comfort go hand in hand ...........

Well i would like to go for Bridgestone only but which ones ??
Akshay suggested Potenza G3s and i saw on that tyre site - Potenza RE960AS Pole Position.

will more grip result in less FE ?

Actually guys the issue is that although driven just 11000 kms yet and my Aveo skids and looses balance when going over small potholes and also feel that on flat surface the road grip is not there hence going for replacement.

Which bridgestones shall i buy and what would be the price ??

Thanks !!
Old 7th July 2007, 14:57   #5
BHPian

Just confirmed with the GMI dealer that Aveo is now coming factory fitted with Bridgestone ER 300 ......... so how about these ??

Also recent Aveo buyers can share their experience on ride quality and stability wrt to tyres (Bridgestone).

Waiting !!
Old 7th July 2007, 17:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

get the potenza g3 then. its got loads of grip. i dont know about the price though. but these will make more noise than your normal tyres.
Old 9th July 2007, 08:25   #7
BHPian

Default Tyres change ... Aveo owners ..

Aveo owners with Goodyear and Bridgestone tyres please share your experience as i am contemplating change of tyres for my Aveo (although not used much)

New Aveos are coming with ER300 Bridgestones so how are these ?

Waiting !!
Old 9th July 2007, 08:30   #8
BHPian

Default Aveo owners ... tyre change

I am contemplating changing my existing Goodyear to Bridgestone bcoz i feel goodyears skid a lot and dont have good grip on roads.

Bridgestone bcoz now thats factory fitted with Aveo .... earlier Aveos were coming with Goodyears.

I dont want to upgrade them but just replace them. The size for Aveo is - 185/60 R14.

Please suggest if Goodyears are really that bad, which variant of Bridgestones should i go for, there price and any other brand i should consider which is available in this size.[/quote]
Old 10th July 2007, 08:56   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

try the Bridgestone Potenza GIII.

Its a fav tyre among many Bhp'ians

And, Why run two similar threads?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...idgestone.html (Goodyear vs Bridgestone.)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 09:30   #10
BHPian

Sir !!

i dont know if i can close the thread or edit the title ... and since i wasnt geting the response so opened another one.

The other thread can be closed.

Potenza G3 or ER300 ? bcoz Aveo is coming factory fitted with Er300 so just checking if someone using er300 can also guide me on this.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:56   #11
Team-BHP Support

is it just er300 or turanza er300? its your choice. if you say the good years are skidding im guessing you want more grip. so get g3s.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

ER 300 is the latest Turanza and is a good tyre albeit from what I heard a little expensive. Rather than the GIII, which will not solve your excessive road noise issue btw I would take either the ER300 or the Michelin Energy XM1.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:47   #13
BHPian

Thanks Akshay and Ishan !!

You 2 have been a great help ...

Yes Its Turanza er300 and as per Ishan thats the one for me.

I asked couple of dealers and best quote i got for er300 is 3450/-. is it ok ?

Thanks again !!
Old 10th July 2007, 17:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well it seems to be an ok price, see if you haggle down another 100-150 rupees from that quote.

P.S. Also do post a review on the tyres after you get them.

Last edited by iraghava : 10th July 2007 at 17:41.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Namit what I feel and heard is Indian manufactured tyres have few issues with quality and excessive noice. Many people told me Goodyear is hceap tyre even it has no takers in taxy segment. Example when I upgrade my tyres I can sell my goodyears to taxy guy but he will ask for cheap rate, thats how the status is about goodyear. Most of the car manufacturers have goodyears as stock tyre because of cheap rate.

About Bridgestone there is still respect by people thereare few good types like G3 for good grip, ER300 for less noice and comfort, so it appears bridgestone is better than Goodyear.

About Michellins it has not captured market yet in India only people who know well about tyres are buying it because dealers are pushing goodyear and other brands more than Michellins or at least this is what I noticed.

Michellin is good tyre at least by seeing feedback from fellow BHPians. It has many type.

I suggest you choose between Michellins and Bridgstone. I feel Michellin is expensive a bit compared with Bridgstone.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote