Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th May 2010, 15:38   #46
Default add to this thread with info of Innovative Company which is doing something useful

This company essentially takes the older rubber tyres, splits them into smaller chunks, cryogenically cools them and then mills them into fine rubber dust. This dust has multiple uses as shown in the article below from TR
Technology Review India: New Life for Old Tires

Better than using it for landfill, swimming pool floats or just fender protectors.

adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 10:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

This is great info..somehow I missed this thread for a long time.

And good news is that Lehigh seem to steadily make progress - THEY ARE HIRING

American Recycler, November 2010 | Lehigh adds to tire and industrial rubber team

Also, from one of the replies to the original news, it seems a German company Spreerelast AG has been using this technology for some time (but it's funny that I can not find any official website of this company, so this can be a scam)...

But with all this development, I feel a little less sinful while driving....
Let's hope and watch
anandpadhye is online now   Reply With Quote