Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 17:28   #241
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Is it ok to put 205/65/16 on the SX4? I'm getting brand new tyres removed from a Creta.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 17:32   #242
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 472
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Is it ok to put 205/65/16 on the SX4? I'm getting brand new tyres removed from a Creta.
Stock size for SX4 Zxi is 205/60 R16. So putting 205/65 R16 shall not be a problem at all. There will be a difference of 10 mm in the rolling radius, which is just 1.5%.

Count this difference when you take the odometer reading. You would have run 1.5% higher than what the meter will show.

Yours is Zxi or Vxi?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 17:34   #243
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Stock size for SX4 Zxi is 205/60 R16. So putting 205/65 R16 shall not be a problem at all. There will be a difference of 10 mm in the rolling radius, which is just 1.5%.

Count this difference when you take the odometer reading. You would have run 1.5% higher than what the meter will show.

Yours is Zxi or Vxi?
Thanks. Its a Zxi. I'm also considering the Falkens with 60 profile.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 22:19   #244
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Is it ok to put 205/65/16 on the SX4? I'm getting brand new tyres removed from a Creta.
straight6,
You'll need to check for any rubbing under load, though in all probability it should be a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Stock size for SX4 Zxi is 205/60 R16. So putting 205/65 R16 shall not be a problem at all. There will be a difference of 10 mm in the rolling radius, which is just 1.5%.
Rahul Bhalgat,
That does not look right, how did you get 1.5%?
The 205/65R16 (672.9mm dia) is 3.14% larger than the 205/60R16 (652.4mm dia).
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 23:11   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 472
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
straight6,
You'll need to check for any rubbing under load, though in all probability it should be a good fit.



Rahul Bhalgat,
That does not look right, how did you get 1.5%?
The 205/65R16 (672.9mm dia) is 3.14% larger than the 205/60R16 (652.4mm dia).
Yes, it is 3.14%. There was an error in calculation. Thanks for bringing to notice.

There will not be rubbing under the load; there is ample clearance in SX4 even in laden condition.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 23:31   #246
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,172
Thanked: 3,698 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks. Its a Zxi. I'm also considering the Falkens with 60 profile.
I had used Falken tyres in same size as stock. There is good grip and comfort.

Now, I am using Kumho 215/60 R16. I find tyre noise little high. But it is way better than stock JK tyres.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 15:51   #247
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had used Falken tyres in same size as stock. There is good grip and comfort.

Now, I am using Kumho 215/60 R16. I find tyre noise little high. But it is way better than stock JK tyres.
How long did the Falkens last?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 16:11   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,172
Thanked: 3,698 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
How long did the Falkens last?
I have used Falken tyres without doing rotation. Front one's lasted for 30K kms. Rear set is still running, almost 45K kms now. It would run another 30K KM. I think if you do rotation, average life would be 45-50K KM.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 09:58   #249
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 448
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have used Falken tyres without doing rotation. Front one's lasted for 30K kms. Rear set is still running, almost 45K kms now. It would run another 30K KM. I think if you do rotation, average life would be 45-50K KM.
Hello Naren,

My Sx4 is also due for tyre change! confused between Goodyear and Falkon! Which one would you suggest? JKs MRF of the world are out of the window.

Off Topic:

Recently, I have a Tak noise which moving from stand still, seems of the gear mounting.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 11:37   #250
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,172
Thanked: 3,698 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hello Naren,

My Sx4 is also due for tyre change! confused between Goodyear and Falkon! Which one would you suggest? JKs MRF of the world are out of the window.
I have used different brands of tyre in SX4.

1. Stock JK tyres : I do not recommend. After 50 percent thread wear, problems start coming up.

2. Nexen : I was very happy with these tyres. Due to an accident, both Nexen tyres at front got damaged.

3. Falken : No issues, good grip and comfort. Good tyre life too

4. Kumho : I have been using 215/60 R16 at front for last 15K KM. Again no issues, but I find tyre noise on higher side.

Never used Goodyear in SX4. But I have heard numerous issues about stock Goodyear tyres used in Ecosport. It's same size as SX4.

Tyre rotation is highly recommended. But I do not rotate tyres between front and rear. Front left will go to right and vice versa for every 10K KM. Doing this way, my rear tyres last for longer. I end up changing only 2 tyres at a time instead of 4. Yes, I would be changing the front set earlier and rear set way later.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th August 2016 at 11:41.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 13:14   #251
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 448
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have used different brands of tyre in SX4.

1. Stock JK tyres : I do not recommend. After 50 percent thread wear, problems start coming up.

2. Nexen : I was very happy with these tyres. Due to an accident, both Nexen tyres at front got damaged.

3. Falken : No issues, good grip and comfort. Good tyre life too

4. Kumho : I have been using 215/60 R16 at front for last 15K KM. Again no issues, but I find tyre noise on higher side.

Never used Goodyear in SX4. But I have heard numerous issues about stock Goodyear tyres used in Ecosport. It's same size as SX4.

Tyre rotation is highly recommended. But I do not rotate tyres between front and rear. Front left will go to right and vice versa for every 10K KM. Doing this way, my rear tyres last for longer. I end up changing only 2 tyres at a time instead of 4. Yes, I would be changing the front set earlier and rear set way later.
How much is for Falken & Nexen, Goodyear is around Rs 5,500/tyre.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 13:59   #252
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 472
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have used different brands of tyre in SX4.
2. Nexen : I was very happy with these tyres. Due to an accident, both Nexen tyres at front got damaged.

3. Falken : No issues, good grip and comfort. Good tyre life too
Few queries Dr.Naren,

Flaken and Nexen brands are not much known and popular in market. A typical car user knows Apollo, Bridgestone, JK, MRF, Michelin etc. What made you turn to Falken and Nexen?

What was the treadwear rating and the price for the Nexen and Falken tyres?

How much tyre life the Falken can give with timely rotation and alignment?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 14:30   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,172
Thanked: 3,698 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
How much is for Falken & Nexen, Goodyear is around Rs 5,500/tyre.
I had bought Nexen tyres online from change my tire website for 4000/tyre. It shows as not available in their website now. It's the same Nexen tyre which is used in stock Elantra.

Falken is available online for 5200 Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Few queries Dr.Naren,

Flaken and Nexen brands are not much known and popular in market. A typical car user knows Apollo, Bridgestone, JK, MRF, Michelin etc. What made you turn to Falken and Nexen?

How much tyre life the Falken can give with timely rotation and alignment?
Falken and Nexen are not known brands in India. But they are known abroad. I saw reviews online and these tyres were available at lowest price.

Now I am using Kumho 215/60 R16, I got it for 5000/tyre from snapdeal.

Falken tyres would last 45-50K KM with regular rotation.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 23:32   #254
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I will mostly be putting Falkens tomorrow. I need 5 of them. The dealer has been trying to push Triangle tyres to me with 2 years warranty he said. Here are some of the best rates I've got. Do not buy tyres online as most brands void warranty. Falken for sure.

Falken - 5000
Goodyear - 5200
Triangle - 4100
JK Elanzo - 5000
Michelin Primacy - 6850
Bridgestone G3 - 6400

Last edited by straight6 : 18th August 2016 at 23:38.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 00:23   #255
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 472
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Falken - 5000
Goodyear - 5200
Triangle - 4100
JK Elanzo - 5000
Michelin Primacy - 6850
Bridgestone G3 - 6400
Really good prices. Especially Michelin Primacy (ST I suppose) for Rs. 6850.

Which tyre is Goodyear offering at Rs. 5200? If it is Goodyear Assurance, that too is a good tyre and I personally feel that there will be less uncertainty about its life / quality. Have you also checked Apollo Acelere?

Also please check the manufacturing date on the tyre sidewall. As you might be aware, the format is WW-YY. WW is the week of the year (between 1 to 52) and YY is the year of manufacture.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread hemlock Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 2032 9th May 2017 22:56
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread funda2max Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 379 17th April 2017 12:57
Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread abhibh Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 351 27th February 2017 13:38
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread iWonder Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 74 20th January 2017 11:37
Maruti Suzuki A-Star : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread JKBKS Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 57 20th December 2016 13:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks