Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 5th November 2007, 15:12   #16

folks,
I have also been facing problems with my rear right tyre..the outer edges are getting worn out fast...all the other 3 tyres are intact except for this 1. checked with the alignment and balancing couple of times..evrythigns seems to b fine...the profile of the tyre is 185/65/R14 (goodyr F1 Eagle GSD2..the model is a vxi with Abs )..not the rgt tyre upsize indeed but didnt notice any tread wear till abt 17k ...I happen to rotate the tyres then at 17k and evr since i am facing this problem with my rear right tyre..Also arnd 22k i happen to change the problematic tyre wid the spare 1 but the problem still persists....
the maruti guys say since its a after market fitment they cant really do anything abt it...while the tyre shop ppl have no idea abt this issue..

well not sure if this issue of mine has any similaritites with the issues mentioned by D1ISTHE1 and jithudigitised....
need the teambhpians advice on the same!
drakeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Default Rear Right tire probs

Hello folks,

Mine also seems to be a problem, Since I changed to new set of tires over the last weekend. Then shockingly obseved that my rear right tire is wearing out (i.e alternate buttons). As my car (Swift ABS Vxi) has clocked around 20k kms. I am getting it serviced (due 4th service). I am just guessing that the problem might be with the bearings which needs to checked. I do not understand how can the bearings be a problem in just 20k kms (its still the guess that bearings might be a problem). Any advices what else should I look for other than bearing issues. Presently I have gone for 195/60/15

Cheers,
Raps
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 20:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Raps
I'm not sure if Swift has independent suspension at the rear. If its so then u need to get allignment done for your rear wheels...

Why are u doubting the bearings ?? Is there any kind of noise coming from the rear tyre.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 23:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Raps
I'm not sure if Swift has independent suspension at the rear. If its so then u need to get allignment done for your rear wheels...

Why are u doubting the bearings ?? Is there any kind of noise coming from the rear tyre.
nope swift does not have independent suspension at the rearBearing plays can cause uneven and excessive tyre wear right?
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 23:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info.
Bearings causing such issues normally do show some signs of noise..

Last edited by kpzen : 5th November 2007 at 23:13.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 12:42   #21

Really doubt if bearings cud b a issue...i mean does bearing get worn out so soon...(jus 17k)
how does 1 figure out if the bearings are worn out... : is it any kinda distinct noise tht is heard ... my tyres(GSD2) are noisy..
@Raps :is it the outer edges of u'r rear tyre tht is getting worn...
drakeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 00:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeez View Post
Really doubt if bearings cud b a issue...i mean does bearing get worn out so soon...(jus 17k)
how does 1 figure out if the bearings are worn out... : is it any kinda distinct noise tht is heard ... my tyres(GSD2) are noisy..
@Raps :is it the outer edges of u'r rear tyre tht is getting worn...
Hey, a bearing would make a humming noise if its worn out.
D1ISTHE1 is offline   Reply With Quote