Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 01:04   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Any suggestions ?
Did you check alignment and balancing ? Is it done properely ?
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 01:22   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Did you check alignment and balancing ? Is it done properely ?
Yup , balacing and alignment are OK .

got air pressure checked atleast 12-13 times from different places, for a day i even reduced the tyre pressure to 28psi but the result was the same . The road noise and ride comfort
is really not tolerable and that too when the car and tyres are brand new ..
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 01:43   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

That's strange. That's the first case of excessive noise & bouncy ride on MXV8's that I've heard of.

Beemer - Can you go back to your dealer & see if he has a solution to the problem?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 01:46   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Any reivews on bridgestone ,Yohama 205/55R16 ??
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 02:11   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's strange. That's the first case of excessive noise & bouncy ride on MXV8's that I've heard of.
Buddy,the noise is way too much(espically on the rough patches) and the ride is nowhere near it was earlier ... i 've tried everything i could from alignment to balancing to air pressure but nothing seem to work .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Beemer - Can you go back to your dealer & see if he has a solution to the problem?
Ya i am going to him tomorrow but i doubt whether he 'll be able to help me out cos the tyres that he gave me were brand new ,with a proper bill and warranty card but i 'll def tell him about all this .
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 02:22   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's strange. That's the first case of excessive noise & bouncy ride on MXV8's that I've heard of.
Before going for the Michelins, i googled for the Energy MXV8 and all i could find was praise and above all the confidence of our bhpians made me assured of this product . i myself am too confused as how come such a world class company produce such crappy tyres ??

That reminds me that the tyres are made in thailand ,is it just another case of shortchanging indian customers ???
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 08:13   #52
Newbie
 
vkiran_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
...got air pressure checked atleast 12-13 times from different places, for a day i even reduced the tyre pressure to 28psi but the result was the same . The road noise and ride comfort
is really not tolerable and that too when the car and tyres are brand new ..
I discoverd that the pressure on the OE 15" was 46+ psi on delivery. The ride comfort was suspect on the way home from the dealer but I couldn't be sure in the thick evening traffic. Next day I got it down to 30 Front and 32 rear as per UK site for the Octavia II and I like the ride is now way better. Much like my TD rides!

Why is the factory(?) pressure so high? I remember seeing others say this as well.
vkiran_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 13:09   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Any suggestions guys ? Anybody using Michelin MXV8 ?
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 13:23   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Beemer - I'm quite baffled at your problem. However, I would say let your dealer have a look at the tyres once and see what he says. Without looking at the Wheels/Tyres it would hard to form a concrete diagnosis.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 13:31   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

MXV8 is one of the better tyres avaialable for low NVH..
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 13:36   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Guys, i 've covered more than 300kms on Michelin Energy MXV8 .The tyres are CRAP , A piece of **** .

1) Road noise - The road noise is excessive ,much much much more than the OE Dunlop Sport . On rough roads, the noise is unbearable .

2) Ride comfort - Very poor compared to the OE Dunlop sport . the ride is bouncy and i can hear a strange sound from the suspension when the car goes over a pothole .

P.S. I dont know what deal the tyre dealer will give me but i am off to change these crappy tyres tomorrow . I paid Rs. 8300/each for these tyres .

Any suggestions ?

thanks .
You have shifted from 15" to 16" there is going to be marginal sacrifice on comfort..
Which dealer did you purchase tyres from??
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 17:53   #57
BHPian
 
PJSPEED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: Once
Default

Have you checked the Manufacturing date of the tyre????


Regards,
PJ
PJSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 17:56   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,586
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

you mentioned some strange suspension noise. i had this ghost noise haunting me for a long time.. i am not sure if you are experiencing the same noise.. it comes from the passenger side dashboard. this one really drove me crazy and after a lot of "careful listening" i traced it to the stupid glove box in front of the passenger. i "removed" the glove compartment (easy to do with torx driver - PM me if u want details) and drove around for a couple of days and did not observe this noise. later i found the source of noise to be the contact between glove compartment light on/off levers - i just taped some nice soft padding between these levers so they won't creak when they rub against each other. no creaks since then. your problem might be a different one - but first suspect is the glove compartment.

i was driving with 45psi without knowing (thats what the dealer gave me!) and coupled with creaking noise and hard ride you can imagine how restless i was with the new car. i am running on my OEM bridgestones and i always found the noise to be on the higher side for a car of this price. it is definitely tire/road noise. but if your new set of tires are more noisy than the OEM ones, you will have to do some damage control. i know it is very frustrating with a new car!
androdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 19:08   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

1. What is the manufacturing date of the tyre??
2. What's the current air pressure in tyres??
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 20:58   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Beemer - I'm quite baffled at your problem. However, I would say let your dealer have a look at the tyres once and see what he says. Without looking at the Wheels/Tyres it would hard to form a concrete diagnosis.
Showed the tyres to 3 different Michelin Authorized dealers(including my dealer) and everybody found the tyres noisy(even on plain roads after crossing 60kph) . The tyres seem OK but everybody was surprised how could a michelin be noisy and uncomfortable .....
I had a word with the Michelin India sales manager and told him about the same and they are coming on tuesday to check the tyres .


Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
You have shifted from 15" to 16" there is going to be marginal sacrifice on comfort..
Which dealer did you purchase tyres from??
I knew there would be a slight difference from 15 to 16 but since i 've driven the laura elegance and L&K(both OEM 16") i found it OK and expected the same comfort, noise ,grip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
you mentioned some strange suspension noise. i had this ghost noise haunting me for a long time.. i am not sure if you are experiencing the same noise.. it comes from the passenger side dashboard. this one really drove me crazy and after a lot of "careful listening" i traced it to the stupid glove box in front of the passenger. i "removed" the glove compartment (easy to do with torx driver - PM me if u want details) and drove around for a couple of days and did not observe this noise. later i found the source of noise to be the contact between glove compartment light on/off levers - i just taped some nice soft padding between these levers so they won't creak when they rub against each other. no creaks since then. your problem might be a different one - but first suspect is the glove compartment.
The noise is due to the poor grip and ride comfort . the car is bouncing on mostly all kinds of surface . It gets worse when i drive it over rough patches(slighly broken roads) ,the noise gets unbearable .... even an inch of stone on road makes you feel every bit ...



Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i was driving with 45psi without knowing (thats what the dealer gave me!) and coupled with creaking noise and hard ride you can imagine how restless i was with the new car. i am running on my OEM bridgestones and i always found the noise to be on the higher side for a car of this price. it is definitely tire/road noise. but if your new set of tires are more noisy than the OEM ones, you will have to do some damage control. i know it is very frustrating with a new car!
Yup it indeed is frustrating . i dont think i can drive the car this way ... if its not solved in a day or two then i 'll have to go back to the OEM 15" tyres and alloys .

@PJ speed and KPzen - The manufacturing date is 3606 . the pressure is 28psi(2psi below than what skoda recommends) .
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tyres for Laura 1.8 TSI - Ambiente Trim Easynow Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 35 25th November 2014 16:25
Laura Ambiente - Red, delivered yesterday vipul_bscity Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 23rd December 2008 19:57
Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura deuce-deuce The Indian Car Scene 94 11th July 2008 06:53
Corolla or Skoda Laura Ambiente hollaback Sedans 13 17th December 2007 23:17
Civic Vs Laura Ambiente swageo Sedans 77 14th November 2007 21:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks