Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th November 2007, 21:13   #61
BHPian

Guys i 'll post some pics of the tyres tomorow . One of the michelin dealer told me that sometimes some tyres are not compatible with a particlular make of a Car ?? Is it really possible that same tyres underperform in one car and give you a better result on a different car ??
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 23:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Guys i 'll post some pics of the tyres tomorow . One of the michelin dealer told me that sometimes some tyres are not compatible with a particlular make of a Car ?? Is it really possible that same tyres underperform in one car and give you a better result on a different car ??
Dealer is talking crap..!
Check out with jerish666 this is what he posted in the other thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Go for Michelin Energy.It doesnt have any sounds.I am using that on my skoda 205/55/R16.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 23:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

No offence but why are u not disclosing the dealers name??
Old 12th November 2007, 08:25   #64
BHPian

Exactly i dont have any tyre noise on any surface.And grip, it is really good.Only problem i got is bought a HR alloys.The worst thing i have done in my car.When it is close to 120km and above it starts give me vibration on my steering and the whole car get this.Then i fixed a spacer type round thing i forgot the name,but not spacer ok.After that it is bit less but still there.Defenitely its not tyre probs.Tyres are good.I think you better check your alloys.Some alloys give you problems.Anyway you have guarantee ask michelin people to change the tyres .

Last edited by jerish666 : 12th November 2007 at 08:27.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 10:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly i dont have any tyre noise on any surface.And grip, it is really good.Only problem i got is bought a HR alloys.The worst thing i have done in my car.When it is close to 120km and above it starts give me vibration on my steering and the whole car get this.Then i fixed a spacer type round thing i forgot the name,but not spacer ok.After that it is bit less but still there.Defenitely its not tyre probs.Tyres are good.I think you better check your alloys.Some alloys give you problems.Anyway you have guarantee ask michelin people to change the tyres .
It is called wheel hub ring. It ensures proper centering of the wheel on the hub.
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 11:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only problem i got is bought a HR alloys.The worst thing i have done in my car.When it is close to 120km and above it starts give me vibration on my steering and the whole car get this.Then i fixed a spacer type round thing i forgot the name,but not spacer ok.After that it is bit less but still there.Defenitely its not tyre probs.
Jerish - Looks like you bought Alloys with an incorrect PCD for your car. These problems are usually related to the PCD.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 13:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
It is called wheel hub ring. It ensures proper centering of the wheel on the hub.
Exactly wheel hub ring.Here people call something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Jerish - Looks like you bought Alloys with an incorrect PCD for your car. These problems are usually related to the PCD.
That is what skoda people told me.Is there anything i can do for that?
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 13:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is what skoda people told me.Is there anything i can do for that?
Yeah, change the alloys to a set with correct PCD!! That's the only solution apart from the ring-juggad that has already been done.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 13:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Jerish.
What's the PCD of HR alloys u got??
Old 12th November 2007, 15:54   #70
BHPian

Dear KP i think it is not a problem of PCD. Some of the skodas face wobbling problem at higher speeds because of improper WHEEL HUB RING.
Old 12th November 2007, 21:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
My RS is 100% perfect at the speed of 200 too.......I think the problem is with your wheels ........It should be 100/5 and center bore should be 57mm .

Regards,
PJ
PJSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 00:27   #72
BHPian

Guys from Michelin came and did a thorough analysis and agreed that the noise levels were too high .. They are giving me a replacement . All 4 tyres will be replaced with brand new MXV8s... But i am not too sure that the new Michelin tyres will solve the problem . I am yet to talk to the dealer but i 'll ask for a drive before finalising on Michelins .

the ques still remains... What tyres i should go for if i dont find Michelin MXV8 comfortable(highly likely) ? Do i 've any other choice ?
My priorities :

Low noise ,ride quality ,grip . Mileage is not at all important .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
No offence but why are u not disclosing the dealers name??
Bought it from Kanwal Tyres .
Old 17th November 2007, 01:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly i dont have any tyre noise on any surface.And grip, it is really good.
May be i am unlucky with my tyres. i am getting a replacement but as of now i 've to admit that these are the WORST tyres i 've ever had in any of my cars till date . Anybody who disagrees is invited to take a drive in my car ...
Old 17th November 2007, 20:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Bought it from Kanwal Tyres .
Is the shop located on corner in KG ? If so you've gone to wrong dealer worst/dishonest dealer really ,Better you've gone to BK tyre (Lajpat Nagar) anyways i've faced similar problem before like you're facing, after replacing my civic stock tyre goodyear nct 5(195/65) with tyres like Eagle F1 & Es100 in (205/65)/60 i've experienced problems like Harsh ride/Heavy steering/Terrible noise , at last i'm happy with goodyear Nct-5 with 205 profile - low noise,better grip , improved braking - Try out NCT 5 & Gt3 & XM1 & A300 from yokohama these tyres are Low noise tyres & will provide you better ride quality & grip if possible just stick with 15" & just upgrade to bigger rubber .

Last edited by unknown : 17th November 2007 at 20:17.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 15:16   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is the shop located on corner in KG ? If so you've gone to wrong dealer worst/dishonest dealer really ,Better you've gone to BK tyre (Lajpat Nagar) anyways i've faced similar problem before like you're facing, after replacing my civic stock tyre goodyear nct 5(195/65) with tyres like Eagle F1 & Es100 in (205/65)/60 i've experienced problems like Harsh ride/Heavy steering/Terrible noise , at last i'm happy with goodyear Nct-5 with 205 profile - low noise,better grip , improved braking - Try out NCT 5 & Gt3 & XM1 & A300 from yokohama these tyres are Low noise tyres & will provide you better ride quality & grip if possible just stick with 15" & just upgrade to bigger rubber .
Dear , MXV8s are way better than NCT5 , GT3, XM1 and A300. May be beacuse of some reasons Beemer is facing problem. Tyre recommended by you are nowhere comparable to MXV8s.