Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th May 2009, 09:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Excellent! Thanks man. One more thing. Mind sharing some contacts for quick reference?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 09:19   #152
BHPian

I just picked the closest dealer from the "dealer search" feature on their website. Do let me know if you manage to get a better price.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 09:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Koramangala seems closest. I'll check with them and you know. Thanks again!
Old 25th May 2009, 09:49   #154
Senior - BHPian

Prevez, check with Iyengar and sons(Inr) i picked XM1+ from them...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 15:20   #155
BHPian

Nishad - I plan to change to Energy XM+ for my Octavia next week. Will be going for 205/65/15. Since you have already done Tyre shopping , pls suggest a 'price sensitive' dealer.
Also did you get anything for the existing tyres. My current OE (Goodyear NCT) has run 52k kms and still should run another 5-6k kms before going bald
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 22:43   #156
BHPian

Default i'm also planning for another two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Nishad - I plan to change to Energy XM+ for my Octavia next week. Will be going for 205/65/15. Since you have already done Tyre shopping , pls suggest a 'price sensitive' dealer.
Also did you get anything for the existing tyres. My current OE (Goodyear NCT) has run 52k kms and still should run another 5-6k kms before going bald

the sai iyengar seems okay. Let's do a new search again, I also have to change the remaining two Tyre. I got the other two at 4950 per Tyre. If you find any better deal somewhere, try negotiating for 6 no.s.

someone offered me 100 bucks for the older one's. it was not so bad, still have a chance of another 5K. but i thought i would keep in my garage.
nishad.hameed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 08:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Prevez, check with Iyengar and sons(Inr) i picked XM1+ from them...
I checked with them. They quoted INR 2100 per piece for 12".
Do the charge for fitment as well? If so how much?
Old 27th May 2009, 09:55   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally if you pick up the tyres from them, they do not charge for fitment.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:04   #159
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks. have been noticing that on rough road, not the pothole but where the first layer of the tarmac is wearing off when i drive over can feel the patch. but in my OHC which had Turanza never felt it...

So does the XM1+ loose out on this? have started to miss Turanza...
Old 28th May 2009, 10:09   #160
Senior - BHPian

Pervez, as Nikhil mentioned they don't charge...

As per i remember they wont be charge for the valves aswell.

Make sure you dont go in the evenings they have limited parking space and with the traffic on road it gets painful...
Old 31st May 2009, 22:12   #161
BHPian

Iam still on 2 minds between a Turanza ER60 & Energy XM+.Key decision making factors are High speed grip, low tyre roar and softer ride.
Can exsiting users of Energy XM+ & Turanza chip in with their comments.

Quote:
Hi Folks. have been noticing that on rough road, not the pothole but where the first layer of the tarmac is wearing off when i drive over can feel the patch. but in my OHC which had Turanza never felt it...

Old 1st June 2009, 09:13   #162
Senior - BHPian

Rasputin i would go for ER60 anyday, it has all the ingredients which makes it as one of the best tyres!

On the other hand Mich XM1+ is not bad but at certain departments ER60 scores better..like ride on bad road
Old 1st June 2009, 09:34   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Odd, I noticed the same thing too. The ride is good on potholes and bad surfaces but on roads where the surface is grained or as you said where the first layer has worn out I can feel a lot of rumbles which is quite annoying

@ rasputin

High speed grip is pretty good. I have taken corners at 140+ on these tyres and they seem to take it. Things would be better with your octy since it should have a better suspension. Its just that it cannot manage very sharp turns like pp2s or advans could

Last edited by bottle : 1st June 2009 at 09:36.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 10:36   #164
Senior - BHPian

XM1+ does well on wet surface..

Yesterday got to witness the heavy shower of this season, had been to Devanhalli and on way back it started to rain very heavily, can say there was a inch of water on road or more was maintaining good speeds( i know not sensible i think about 80 and the car behaved very well..

There was a instance where had to hit the brake hard and car came to a clean halt...am impressed!
Old 9th June 2009, 13:22   #165
BHPian

Default Bought the tyres- Finally !

After a lot of research ( probably good enought to submit a doctoral thesis) finally went ahead and purchased a Turanza ER60 - 205/65/15. Got it for 4300 per tyre.

Energy XM+ was a serious contender ; Bridgestone's stronger side walls and consistent tyre performance through out the tyre life, made my decision tilt in favour of Jap brand.
I even considered Primacy LC ; really loved the look of soft flared side walls and tread pattern. Plus there was an attractive introductory price of 4950/ tyre ; which made it a better choice than XM Energy +. But took little time to realise that the bad roads i drive through, would have shred the side walls in no time.

Quote:
Rasputin i would go for ER60 anyday, it has all the ingredients which makes it as one of the best tyres!

On the other hand Mich XM1+ is not bad but at certain departments ER60 scores better..like ride on bad road