Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2010, 20:26   #421
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra View Post
But mind it I am maintaining 36 psi in front and 33 psi at the rear as written in my B-pillar.

Regards
Ranendra
Does Maruti suggest maintaing 36 and 33 psi in the swift?
I have a Dzire Vdi and even though it is a diff car, I recollect the readings on my B pillar as 31 and 33 psi.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 20:41   #422
Senior - BHPian
 
9thsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
9thspinx,
You hit the nail on the head.
My new ANHC too has same tires as your Jazz and so I was wondering why they are not XM1+ ?
Though I chose Michelin among others and got it, I some how thought the tires would be the latest for ANHC.
Originally I was planning to upgrade the tires, but refrained from doing so as I could get Michelin with my new car.
Looks like I did not get what I wanted.
But don't know if this is a good enough reason to change to Michelin Primacy.
Any thoughts buddies?

HC
Here's the deal. Honda is trying to pull a fast one. Michelin XM1 have been replaced with the XM1+ and the company doesn't manufacture and/or retail the XM1 anymore. The XM1+ is a definite improvement in handling and tyre wear over the XM1, but this does not in any way mean the XM1's do not perform as was advertised.

Our Corolla in the family, runs on Primacy. Tyre's are super silent and super soft. I really doubt they're meant for Indian roads. But it makes your driving experience a blessing.

I think I would stick with the XM1's for now until they wear out and then switch to Bridgestone's.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 21:18   #423
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Does Maruti suggest maintaing 36 and 33 psi in the swift?
I have a Dzire Vdi and even though it is a diff car, I recollect the readings on my B pillar as 31 and 33 psi.
32 psi front 29 psi rear is what i read and keep with 185/70/14's and find it good.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 22:45   #424
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
32 psi front 29 psi rear is what i read and keep with 185/70/14's and find it good.

Yup, that sounds normal but I never saw 36 that Ranendra was referring to. 36 would lead to a very bouncy ride in a swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra
But mind it I am maintaining 36 psi in front and 33 psi at the rear as written in my B-pillar.

Regards
Ranendra

Last edited by f1fan : 16th December 2010 at 22:47.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 15:05   #425
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

I have a Swift VDI (Sep 2007) with 185/70 R14 Michelin XM1+ tyres.

The pressure I use is 32 on the front tyres and 30 on the rear tyres.
This is with nitrogen.

I find the above pressure to be good. The first set of tyres on my car (Michelin Energy XM1) lasted for 46,500kms. Changed them since I keep taking the car out and didn't want to take any risks. Within city, it would have lasted me another 10K kms easily.

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 02:14   #426
BHPian
 
Ranendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 57
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Yup, that sounds normal but I never saw 36 that Ranendra was referring to. 36 would lead to a very bouncy ride in a swift.
Dear f1fan,

I just checked the B pillar of my car and found this instruction which says to use 36 PSI in the front and 33 PSI at the rear.



Mind it I have a VDi which came in 165/80 profile tyre. Not sure if ZDi Swift DZire have something different.

I find the ride a bit harsh when the roads are absolutely rocky, but at other times with XM1+ I feel its kind of okay.

Do you think I should down pressurize to 33 in the front and 30 at the rear?

Regards
Ranendra
Ranendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 02:55   #427
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra View Post
Dear f1fan,

I just checked the B pillar of my car and found this instruction which says to use 36 PSI in the front and 33 PSI at the rear.



Mind it I have a VDi which came in 165/80 profile tyre. Not sure if ZDi Swift DZire have something different.

I find the ride a bit harsh when the roads are absolutely rocky, but at other times with XM1+ I feel its kind of okay.

Do you think I should down pressurize to 33 in the front and 30 at the rear?

Regards
Ranendra
If you have 185/70/R14's then 32 or 33 in the front and 29 or 30 in the back is the best pressure. 36 in the front and 33 behind is overfilling it by a huge extent. Revert back to optimum pressures asap.

Ps: I have a VDI with 185/70/R14's too.

Last edited by Dippy : 30th December 2010 at 18:01. Reason: Avoid quoting images when you post. Thanks
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 11:33   #428
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
If you have 185/70/R14's then 32 or 33 in the front and 29 or 30 in the back is the best pressure. 36 in the front and 33 behind is overfilling it by a huge extent. Revert back to optimum pressures asap.

Ps: I have a VDI with 185/70/R14's too.
For 185/70 R14, just reduce 3psi from each tyre. 33/30 would be perfect! But a little less than that would give a more comfortable ride. I was riding on 28psi for 3 months, and it was so smooth compared to when I topped up to 33/30.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 07:53   #429
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+ with Nitrogen at manufacture recommended pressure works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
For 185/70 R14, just reduce 3psi from each tyre. 33/30 would be perfect! But a little less than that would give a more comfortable ride. I was riding on 28psi for 3 months, and it was so smooth compared to when I topped up to 33/30.
With the risk of being repetitive. two things are very important when filling air or nitrogen into your tyres.

First is tyres should be checked for pressure when cold. a few kms of driving does raise the pressure (and temperature of the tyres) and one will get a higher reading.

second, the pressure gauge you use should be calibrated well. Now, there is no simple way to do this but, but buy a good quality gauge and check it with a few others to correlate the correctness.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 20:55   #430
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

This evening, I changed my Santro MRFs to Michelin XM1+ 155/65/13 75H for Rs. 3100/- each.

I drove it back to home and amzed to notice that how much effect a tyre can make on Steering. Earlier my steering was quite hard but now it is pleasently light.

Lets hope these Michelin gives me long lasting fun filled drive.
Joy73US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 06:25   #431
BHPian
 
para_7k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 462
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
This evening, I changed my Santro MRFs to Michelin XM1+ 155/65/13 75H for Rs. 3100/- each.

I drove it back to home and amzed to notice that how much effect a tyre can make on Steering. Earlier my steering was quite hard but now it is pleasently light.

Lets hope these Michelin gives me long lasting fun filled drive.
Congrats! Santro's tyres are 155/70 x 13. Any reason you went for 155/65 x 13 or did you mean 165/65 x13 ?
para_7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 12:36   #432
BHPian
 
drchernish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: kanpur
Posts: 418
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

planning to get xm1+ for my verna vgt having run 52000 kms-yes i am a sedate driver.if i upsize to 195/60/14 from the original 175s will the ride become hard?Want ride comfort and lesser noise.Or should i up to 185s?the car is mainly used for highway runs.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 15:41   #433
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Congrats! Santro's tyres are 155/70 x 13. Any reason you went for 155/65 x 13 or did you mean 165/65 x13 ?

Sorry My mistake...it is 155/70/R13 75H. Not sure what does this 75H means.
Joy73US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 21:02   #434
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
planning to get xm1+ for my verna vgt having run 52000 kms-yes i am a sedate driver.if i upsize to 195/60/14 from the original 175s will the ride become hard?Want ride comfort and lesser noise.Or should i up to 185s?the car is mainly used for highway runs.
AFAIK 185/65 will be the right size for you. Also a higher profile is better for comfort than a broader profile. I have 185/65 on my lancer.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 16:31   #435
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,804 Times
Default Re: Michelin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Sorry My mistake...it is 155/70/R13 75H. Not sure what does this 75H means.
75H is the load and speed rating.

You can google for the load and speed rating charts. I know the H rating stands for a maximum speed of 210kmph.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR?? ravi@64bhp Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 206 22nd August 2014 11:55
Changed to Michelin Energy XM1 from almost new Goodyear NCT-5 rishi_kapoor Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 12 17th November 2008 15:43
Grey Market Michelin XM1 Energy Jaskirat Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 16 21st August 2008 09:58
changed from MRF ZVTS to Michelin XM1 dkhatau Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 12th June 2008 12:58
Michelin energy xm1+ vs. Yokohama A.Drive...? rana_kirti Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 1 30th May 2008 20:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks