Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 19:47   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin very low View Post
Hey KPZEN so what is the right size for swift because my tyre dealer said that my size will help keeping my ride height high as i will be installing skirts later.
Correct upsize is 195/60-15 or even 195/55-15 but 195/50-15 is way too small for a Swift. Your dealer is giving u wrong inputs be careful.
195/50-15 has already lowered your car so be careful while installing the skirts..
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 19:59   #17
BHPian
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

S drives are the only way to go anymore...
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 21:55   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

I am using S-drives,and they are the most comfortable tyres ive ever used till now.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:01   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I am using S-drives,and they are the most comfortable tyres ive ever used till now.
May i know what tyres have u used before getting the S drives.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:03   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
May i know what tyres have u used before getting the S drives.
hehheheheheh stock tyres provided by the company
for the first time i am using tubless tyres in my car and with a 50profile feels great and drives great
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 06:32   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Bridgestone MY01


Hello My Names is Aidan Choat.
I work for andy harper Tyres in New Zealand.
We Sell pretty much every tire that anyone would need we can also import
tyres from the US. Our highest seller or the brand that we push more is
bridgestone. We have found the MY-01 quite a good tyre for its price in
the bridgestone scale it sits just under the GIII and quite a bit lower
than the S03.
Bridgestone made the MY01 to try and compete with the Cheap asian made
market eg. nangkang, wan li, hankook, Federal, sime. So for with the MY01
on
the market for only a couple of months we have had all good feedback on
it. So if you get the chance go chuck some on and burn some rubber. Give
me a ring or txt or some thing if you want a price if in New zealand that
is. Cheers Guys.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 06:40   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

buddy i run g 3 s on my hard driven swift
they feel great i really cant imagine better


We have found the MY-01 quite a good tyre for its price in
the bridgestone scale it sits just under the GIII and quite a bit lower
than the S03.


i seroiusly say sell your tires whilst they are new and go g 3

alot of tbhp ians love the yoko s
the es 100 s are not close to g 3 s ---in fact i think they suck comparitively
but not tried the s drives or AVS sport OR neova


the s03 s start at 18" but have the same ish technology as the g 3 s ie the Advanced Quality 2 [AQ2] platform

Last edited by cyneverdie : 19th November 2007 at 06:42.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 09:54   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
buddy i run g 3 s on my hard driven swift
they feel great i really cant imagine better


We have found the MY-01 quite a good tyre for its price in
the bridgestone scale it sits just under the GIII and quite a bit lower
than the S03.


i seroiusly say sell your tires whilst they are new and go g 3

alot of tbhp ians love the yoko s
the es 100 s are not close to g 3 s ---in fact i think they suck comparitively
but not tried the s drives or AVS sport OR neova


the s03 s start at 18" but have the same ish technology as the g 3 s ie the Advanced Quality 2 [AQ2] platform
What aspects you rate GIIIs beter than other tyres...
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:40   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
What aspects you rate GIIIs beter than other tyres...

other tires?what other tires? be specific

from google i get that g 3 s are better than MY 01 s
authorized bridgestone dealers have said it

i truly believe that the g 3 s outperform the AVS ES 100 s any given day

is that what you meant?

cheers
cy
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 17:16   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
i truly believe that the g 3 s outperform the AVS ES 100 s any given day
Is that statement from your personal experiences or from reading online reviews.?
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 21:11   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
other tires?what other tires? be specific

from google i get that g 3 s are better than MY 01 s
authorized bridgestone dealers have said it

i truly believe that the g 3 s outperform the AVS ES 100 s any given day

is that what you meant?

cheers
cy
Just for your information GIII and MY01 are not from the same category, so please do not compare them.
What all parameters you are comparing GIII with ES100 ,can you please ealaborate a bit...?
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bridgestone Potenza RE88 or Michelin Primacy LC rishi_kapoor Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 8th September 2009 15:21
Bridgestone Potenza G3 - First Impression.... Shan2nu Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 33 12th October 2007 20:19
bridgestone potenza's warranty period cheatingdeath Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 4 1st May 2005 23:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks