Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 05:10   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hey people

okay this is my scene

swift petrol
stock 14" Pressed steel rims 5 J
195/60 r14 bridgestone g 3 s

need to hook meself up with the cheapest CERTIFIED [ for quality ; X ray tested etc ] 14 or 15 inch rims [even if they are the ugliest ones i have ever seen ]
{{{performance performance performance }}} !!!

so yes i know that i am not on an ideal upsize [ i need the cash ]

but this is my problem :: even filled up 32 psi nitrogen in my tires::

i have had allignment & balancing done 6 times to my car in 3 months on three different machines

it gets acceptable BUT STILL NOT PERFECT !!!!

eventually my car always drifts leftwards

after my 2 nd allignment/balancing i even had ALL my valves replaced

bridgestone performance club at least at lamington road [where i bought my tires ] is a pathetic excuse for god knows what
sent bridgestone india a long tight letter complaining too

JOGANI tires [ related to 4 seasons & related to the hodiwalla bathena pump at churchgate & ALSO RELATED TO THE OFFICIAL JOHN BEAM SUPPLIER FOR MUMBAI ] ____-- did my last job:; will recheck my nitrogen levels tomorrow 1 month after i did it last - then will go back to JOGANI to get it all done again

i drive hard---fast and hard
went hammer & tongs on my car
on sat night post a friends wedding and on sunday again allignment went wayy offf


maybe i will go to a maruti dealer
either NAVNIT {where i bought my car } or vitesse


i need the most technologically advanced allignment available in mumbai

i am completly FED UP

love it when my car is perfectly balanced
just like it was when it was brand newish [[after 6500 km it all started to go wrong ]]

what do i do???
is the problem amplified due to incorrect tire size upgrade???
is the problem amplified due to incorrect tire rim ratio???

have to say again i drive hard
any mumbai guys want a demo? just ask me

will seek VIPER s advice
will seek JOGANI s advice
will seek Sunny chandok s [ bridgestone performance club ] advice too

also will speak to my friend who owns a maruti authorized service station
he is in goa ;;back tomorrow - he also is hooking me up with the swifts SERVICE MANUAL :: hopefully tomorrow itself !!!!

cant wait for the manual [ thats goood reading ]

people advice please

especially for the cheapest certified rims available

thanks for the patience
tired and harrowed

cheers people

rock on

cy

have to add i drive hArD ; yes ?

but not stupid ly

i dont fly over big speed breakers or potholes or anything

i drive hard-
accelerate hard
zig zag hard
brake hard
corner hard
step back on it hard

but i know i am the gentlest and smoothest [ from all my friends ] regarding clutch /all pedal s / gears / steering etc

pretend its a lady
i was taught

AND I dont corner half as hard as i would dare
since i am on crap 5 j stock PS rims

wanna go something like 195/50/15
[[[need to test drive many different set up s before i make a choice ]]]
any suggestions OR INVITATIONS from swift owner s IS highly
appreciated
so highly that i will pay a small ish amount even : say fuel burnt + extra
heh e

will truly butcher the roads once i am on an acceptable tire rim package
cant wait

cheers people
thanks for the energy
cy

another BIG THING I FORGOT

i will happily even upgrade my rims to bigger PRESSED STEEL rims

apart from the weight and strength factor it doesnt make a diffrence--right???

are PS rims tested???
i know alloys are tested to watch out for microscopic cracks which cause slight vibrations & noise at particular speeds


i actually have a cousin- a female bike nut
who was hired by

GET THIS

harely davidson
BMW [ bike division ]
maybe kawasaki [ not sure will call her tomorrow need more gyaan too ]

all this the the US of A : of course
she was trained by them all & worked full time for them

shes a freak & one of the coolest women i know
she ll strip & put together a whole bike with one toolkit she has

she was on mobil 1 synthetic oil in 1994

anyways she s always told me of the importance of high quality RIMS
and how microscopic cracks and such are over looked

and that very small flaws or damage in rims give problems especially for someone with my driving style

so yes

shall speak to her too
will post some videos of her and her boys having high rpm fun abroad
it makes me smile
then i feel like ****


cheers people

quote
wanna go something like 195/50/15
[[[need to test drive many different set up s before i make a choice ]]]
any suggestions OR INVITATIONS from swift owner s IS highly
appreciated



sorry i actually meant 195/55/15

205 sounds great too

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2007 at 13:31.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 12:47   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

cyneverdie.

U know so much and still u went for the wrong upsize..

Try to rotate your tyres and check if it solves your problem.

Sorry to say but your posts are very difficult to read.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 13:04   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

cyneverdie, your posts are extremely difficult to read and follow. Please take some time to punctuate your posts properly, so people maybe able to follow them better, and give you better advice. Also, please take your time to compose everything together in one post. Multiple posts with same content, will not help anybody advise you any quicker.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:27   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
cyneverdie.

U know so much and still u went for the wrong upsize..

Try to rotate your tyres and check if it solves your problem.

Sorry to say but your posts are very difficult to read.

welll my "friend" who is an authorized maruti service station owner
guarenteed me that 195/60 r 14 on my stock PS 5 j rims would be no issue at all

i did not want to go 185 which would have suited the rims just fine

& i did not want go to to a 65 profile tire because it seemed too much

i actually believe 195/60 r 14 is FINE for the swift :: just need 6 j rims to seat the tire well
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:32   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
cyneverdie, your posts are extremely difficult to read and follow. Please take some time to punctuate your posts properly, so people maybe able to follow them better, and give you better advice. Also, please take your time to compose everything together in one post. Multiple posts with same content, will not help anybody advise you any quicker.

yeah man
well i actually made 3 posts over an hour and a half

they were clubbed together by rehaan i think
but still even then i realize that it was not put together well

the thread should have been a one liner


anybody in mumbai can tell me where i can get the best aka most advanced wheel allignment done in mumbai?

drop the rest

sorry people
cy
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:33   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
cyneverdie.

U know so much and still u went for the wrong upsize..

Try to rotate your tyres and check if it solves your problem.

Sorry to say but your posts are very difficult to read.

& i rotate every 5000 km man
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:35   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

can it !

to the mod s
sorry an all
but
can this thread be shut down and deleted?
think it makes sense

cheers
cy
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 19th November 2007, 19:57   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
can it !

to the mod s
sorry an all
but
can this thread be shut down and deleted?
think it makes sense

cheers
cy
Are u typing this reply on a mobile?? Even this seem to be grabled.. I mean why does the word "but" have to be on a seperate line?

Re your wheels, Do u drive hard over potholes etc?
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 20:12   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I have read alot of content on teambhp but never read anyone read in such a abrupt manner. I request you cy to take time out and read the Annocement sections. Firstly stop spamming, Three posts made in 3 minutes = spamming. Use the edit function.

Secondly go threw some threads on team-bhp and get some gyan on tires.

First and foremost 195/60/14 is absolutely wrong upsize for the Swift, who ever gave you advise to go in for this has no clue about cars, its 4.8% error which is not acceptable, your suspension will need a revamp soon.

195/50/15 is again a wrong upsize and so is 195/55/15

With all the above upsizes you are going to do more harm then good to your car.

Here are the correct upsizes for the Swift, since your stock is 165/80/14

185/70/14
195/65/14
195/60/15
205/55/15

Also by driving hard and fast all the time your car is sure to give up its suspension one day. Remember your car is a road car not a track car.

About alignment, one of the best alignment is done by Sensor in Thane, absolutely fantastic and very fast, i drive 80km to and fro just for alignment.

Sorry to be a bit rude but your posts are really frustrating to read.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 20:49   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
welll my "friend" who is an authorized maruti service station owner
guarenteed me that 195/60 r 14 on my stock PS 5 j rims would be no issue at all

i did not want to go 185 which would have suited the rims just fine

& i did not want go to to a 65 profile tire because it seemed too much

i actually believe 195/60 r 14 is FINE for the swift :: just need 6 j rims to seat the tire well
cyneverdie

195/60-14 is a wrong upsize there's no doubt about it..
Now i know why your Swift reaches 100kmph a second earlier than any other Swift.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 21:42   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
swift petrol

stock 14" Pressed steel rims 5 J
195/60 r14 bridgestone g 3 s

but this is my problem :: even filled up 32 psi nitrogen in my tires::

eventually my car always drifts leftwards

wanna go something like 195/50/15
Wrong rim for 195/60 R14. Minimum width required 5.5. Ideal width 6.

NItrogen will not solve your leftwards pull

What is amount of left pull in covering 100mtrs?

Tyre sizes recommended by BUSA are perfect for SWIFT.
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 21:56   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 22,612 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
they were clubbed together by rehaan i think
Actually no sir.

I did see your 3 consecutive posts (as well as 3 consecutive brackets used etc) , but i thought it would be even more confusing if i clubbed them together, so i left them. (I just moved it to the tyre/alloy section)

I also was going to reccomend international tyres @ opera house (matthew road), but never got around to it.

cya
R

PS - you probably dont want to hear this, but - Capitalization, punctuation.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th November 2007 at 21:57.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 22:14   #13
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Saifee Tyres

Try SAIFEE TYRES (Opp. Gokul Icecream) at Santacruz. His guy (Alfred) does the allignment most primitively (with no computer and all) but I can vouch for him. With my long experience and relationship with SAIFEE, I cannot remember if I have ever had to re-check my allignment once done at their outlet.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 09:15   #14
BHPian
 
theEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 534
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Good shop for alloys?

While we are on this theme, any suggestions as to the best store in Mumbai to buy alloy wheels from? I'm looking for any of the slightly better Taiwanese/Chinese/Thai makes (League, Lenso, HR etc) or something slightly better (Enkei, BSA, Oz) if I can get them for around 40k.

The thing is that I want 16" wheels, and those are always a bit hard to find compared to the 15" and 17" ones. I heard there's one shop somewhere in Mahim that has a very good selection.

Any suggestions guys?
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 09:37   #15
BHPian
 
SRShrikanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: B'bay/Stockholm
Posts: 255
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I have read alot of content on teambhp but never read anyone read in such a abrupt manner. I request you cy to take time out and read the Annocement sections. Firstly stop spamming, Three posts made in 3 minutes = spamming. Use the edit function.

Secondly go threw some threads on team-bhp and get some gyan on tires.

First and foremost 195/60/14 is absolutely wrong upsize for the Swift, who ever gave you advise to go in for this has no clue about cars, its 4.8% error which is not acceptable, your suspension will need a revamp soon.

195/50/15 is again a wrong upsize and so is 195/55/15

With all the above upsizes you are going to do more harm then good to your car.

Here are the correct upsizes for the Swift, since your stock is 165/80/14

185/70/14
195/65/14
195/60/15
205/55/15

Also by driving hard and fast all the time your car is sure to give up its suspension one day. Remember your car is a road car not a track car.

About alignment, one of the best alignment is done by Sensor in Thane, absolutely fantastic and very fast, i drive 80km to and fro just for alignment.

Sorry to be a bit rude but your posts are really frustrating to read.
Hi Busa,

On the subject of accurate wheel alignment, am keen to get the address or contact numbers of Sensor at Thane please.

Help appreciated.

Cheers
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles IQBAL VEERJI Motorbikes 113 7th December 2017 01:18
best gear oil & best coolant & best engine decarb: please cyneverdie Technical Stuff 7 19th October 2007 03:57
brake upgrades & advanced driving gyaan cyneverdie Technical Stuff 1 15th October 2007 22:32
weird allignment/suspension problem. chandan Technical Stuff 3 4th August 2007 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks