Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 28th December 2007, 11:19   #1
BHPian

Default Goodrich or Yokos???

Hi guys,
I'm looking at a rubber change for my ride. As most of you know, I drive an Opel Corsa. Currently I'm running 195/50/15 Yokohama AVS Sport. I want to downsize to 14" from 15". Below are the three shortlisted options right now with their specs and quality ratings. What do you guys suggest? Tyre gurus here, please advice.[/FONT]

BFGoodrich Traction T/A

Yokohama ADVAN A460

185/60HR14
160AA

Yokohama AVS ES100

185/60HR14
280AAA

PS: My daily driving is 40 kms with a mix of some traffic as well as hard driving.

Last edited by adman77 : 28th December 2007 at 11:23.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 11:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Adman - Have you checked whether the first two are available here or not?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 11:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Adman - Have you checked whether the first two are available here or not?
Ya, they are available. Not so common but someone's getting them for me.
Old 28th December 2007, 12:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Out of the first two which are not available officially here i would choose BFGoodrich Traction T/A.
Why are u not considering Michelin PP2 also??
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 12:57   #5
BHPian

Well KPzen, actually, I'm getting a very good deal on these tyres. That's why never thought of Michelin.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:28   #6
BHPian

Guys anyone help me to find Goodrich A/t 235/75/R15 in Mumbai searching for very long time pls.
triggercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:17   #7
BHPian

Go for Yokohama ADVAN , if you can source them else stick to Michelin.
vittalnrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Michelins

Michelins are still the class in India and most of the world. Please take a look at them before you decide.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 18:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

What are the life of these tires you mentioned..??? Compound??
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 18:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
What are the life of these tires you mentioned..??? Compound??

BF Goodrich Traction T/A h

On the outside, H- and V-speed rated Traction T/A radials feature a silica-enhanced tread compound molded into a size-specific, directional tread design that features large independent tread blocks (185 & 195mm section width sizes use a "5-rib" design while 205mm and wider sizes have a "6-rib" design). Large tread blocks provide stability on dry roads while the directional design helps pump water through the tire's footprint to increase hydroplaning resistance and wet traction. Lateral grooves and sipes in each tread block increase the number of biting edges to enhance wet road and light snow traction. On the inside, the Traction T/A H&V features twin, high-tensile steel belts reinforced by BFGoodrich's Equal Tension Containment (ETEC) system that uses spirally wrapped nylon to provide high speed durability with even ride quality. The tires also feature g-Wedge sidewall stabilizers to enhance steering response and cornering stability.

Yokohama ADVAN A460

Original Equipment (OE) summer tires are an appropriate tire choice for sporty vehicles manufactured in the U.S., as well as those imported from Europe and Asia. Developed for use on new cars and light trucks, these tires provide a sporty blend of ride quality, noise comfort and handling, along with dry and wet traction. These tires are not intended to be driven in snow.
While Original Equipment summer tires are often repurchased as direct replacements for pairs and sets of worn out Original Equipment tires, they can also be used on other vehicles in axle pairs or sets of four if they match the needed tire size, load range and speed rating specifications, as well as the anticipated driving conditions.
While The Tire Rack attempts to provide a picture of as many of these tires as possible, the pictures used to represent these tires cannot be guaranteed to be an exact depiction of each tire's appearance because of the variety of subtle differences in tread designs and sidewall styling.

Yokohama AVS ES100

The AVS ES100 radial is Yokohama's Ultra High Performance Summer tire designed to deliver ultra high performance looks and handling to the drivers of sports cars, coupes and sedans. The AVS in the AVS ES100 radial's name identifies that this tire is a member of Yokohama's Advanced Vehicle System flagship family of performance tires. Like all summer tires, the AVS ES100 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
On the outside, the AVS ES100 features a high-tech silica tread compound molded into a directional tread design withlong tread blocks and a continuous center rib to provide traction, responsive handling, and high-speed stability. Its two, wide circumferential center channelsand "high angle" lateral tread grooves effectively pump water to the sides of the tire's footprint to enhance wet traction and minimize hydroplaning. Internally, the AVS ES100 features twin steel belts reinforced by jointless, wrapped nylon stabilizing the tread area to elevate handling and high-speed capability whileminimizing weight. The AVS ES100 radial's polyester cord body and steel wire-reinforced sidewalls help blend ride quality with lateral stability.

(Source: tirerack.com)
Old 28th December 2007, 18:43   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yokos or bridgestone potenza look good only for the v pattern otherwise their life is pretty short ( around 30K, if you drive hard), whereas the normal pattern would easily last you upwards of 40K ( even with hard driving)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 19:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Go in for the BFGoodrich tires... if your getting a good deal.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 20:26   #13
BHPian

whats the probability of getting BFgoodrich on a regular basis in the size you want? whats the tread wear rating? And please answer IR's question, its a very valid one.

Last edited by nitroxx : 28th December 2007 at 20:28.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 21:26   #14
BHPian

Nitroxx buddy, please read the thread carefully. I've already answered IR's question. As far as getting replacements are concerned, i have a reliable source who can get me goodrichs in a days notice.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

what are the approx prices you are getting them for adman?
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote