Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2008, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Question Alloys for Diesel Innova

Hi,

My friend is planning to upgrade his OE alloys in his diesel Innova - we looked at a few after market brands including HR. However, we were given to understand that this would have some challenges such as - alloys such as HR are made only for normal cars and not for heavy vehicles such as Innova and will have adverse effect on the car plus the alloy itself might wear out etc.

Can anyone clarify the above item?

Also, has anyone installed this in Innova diesel? Also, any issues as a result if the same?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th January 2008, 17:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

ive had platis on my innova for about 24k kms and nothing has happened.
Old 5th January 2008, 17:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey Octavia2, please first post pics of your car. I am in the same dilemma as your friend, whether to install aftermarket alloys but i see many Innovas which dont come with standard alloys from the company, having aftermarket alloys, so should not be a problem.
Old 5th January 2008, 19:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

That's pure crap. I know of so many Safari's & Scorpio's on the forum itself running various brands like HR/HiJoin/Plati/Aura etc. without any problems at all. You've been misinformed.

As long as you choose a good quality wheel with the correct specs there is not going to be a problem in normal usage.
Old 5th January 2008, 21:53   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia2 View Post
Hi,

My friend is planning to upgrade his OE alloys in his diesel Innova - we looked at a few after market brands including HR. However, we were given to understand that this would have some challenges such as - alloys such as HR are made only for normal cars and not for heavy vehicles such as Innova and will have adverse effect on the car plus the alloy itself might wear out etc.

Can anyone clarify the above item?

Also, has anyone installed this in Innova diesel? Also, any issues as a result if the same?

Thanks in advance.

dude my scorpio is running on platii alloyes till now didnt face any problems......
Old 29th June 2010, 15:54   #6
BHPian

hey!! I am looking out for OE alloys please let me know if anyone wants to sell theirs

Note from Mod : Old thread, hence closing. Innova tyres & alloys have been extensively discussed on newer threads.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2010 at 11:43. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread