Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 24th January 2008, 12:43   #1
Default Swift - Help in buying new tyres and alloys.

Hi Guys,

I'm not as passionate as you guys are about cars and its details. But, I have a car and I appreciate its presence in my life because without it, I'm sure life would be that much more difficult and I'd like to keep it as happy as possible.

Thus, I thought I'd give it an upgrade, since I saved up some money. So, here's the deal: I have a Maruti Suzuki Swift VXI. I am NOT sure about the technical details. Infact, its been over a year that I've been driving the car and I am not proud to say, but I don't know to use a stepney in case of a flat.

So, considering me to be an absolute zero with cars, tyres, alloys and stuff like that; I'd need a couple of advices:

1) Are alloys helpful?
2) What purpose do they serve?
3) I need better tyres, more broader. Not like the ones used in Formula 1, but broader than the default Swift tyres. With a bit more grip and some more power in them to withstand Hosur road, Bangalore which is one of the most deadliest roads I've ever driven on. Suggestions please? Where do I go in Bangalore to find some tyres? Will it hit anything? Like mileage and performance.
4) What kind of a budget-beating am I looking at?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I read that no information about WHO can help me out would be provided. Like I would want to know WHERE it is that I'd need to go in Bangalore to make these changes. Thats some really important info that I need.

-Anup Menon
anupmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Anup - All your questions have been answered before in the Tyre & Alloys section of our forum & have been discussed in great detail.

It would be better if you did a simple search using our excellent search facility as that will give all the threads with answers to your questions.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 14:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

There are already around 45 threads on Swift wheels here. Read on
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 18:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

soemone on this forum wants to sell his wheels and tyres which are practically new. Ask him. Heres the linky... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-15-tires.html
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote