Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 18th January 2005, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Reasons to use Positive offset wheels:
Less leverage on the lugs and steering linkage.
Keep tires tucked under fenderwells.

Reasons to use Negative offset wheels:
Move wheels away from vehicle, when tires are rubbing frame during turns.
Increase vehicle width, making it more stable.
Some people like the "deep dish" look the wheel offers.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2005, 11:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

The offset of a wheel is what locates the tire and wheel assembly in relation to the suspension. More specifically, it is the measured distance between the hub mounting surface and the center line of the wheel.
Old 18th January 2005, 11:51   #33
BHPian

yup - pics will be put up as soon as possible - my car should be delivered today or tomorrow, will also get that cheap stitched leather steering covers - stock steering is too thin, seat covers - plain blue ones to keep the original seats clean, maybe tints or i might wait till summer - and if i can find aftermarket fogs to fit the baleno bumper space.
Was thinking of a small , cheap spoiler but why add any more weight - though it does make the car look sportier.

so it is 195/60 after all on 14"/5.5/45 finally - the stress on the suspension you mentioned with negative offset wheels is one more reason to go for 45 - and i certainly dont want tyres sticking out - and since you folk are already running similar setups without trouble -- though my tyre shop will still try to convince me to go for 185.

A K&N filter will wait till March-April , Maybe a strut brace - if it doesnt void the warranty.

Will check out Performance AUto and Niviit Bhasin for these - btw the hyperformance site is down - does anyone have contact details for Niviit Bhasin.

cheers

zaphod
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 01:34   #34
Team-BHP Support

Hi Zaphod / iceman,

What is the stock offset for the baleno??

Also, please understand that if you are looking for grip, tire compound is WAY more important than tire width.
Personally, the only reason i would pick a 195 over a 185 is because they look better on the car, other than that, the 185s have all the other advantages IMO, provided you are buying some great quality tires.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2005, 12:18   #35
BHPian

Got the car - blue and the t yres - 195/60 Michelin MXF Sport - they seem okay so far though Iceman has warned me about the grip in the wet - i'm hoping they ought to be enough for the baleno for the next 3 years - I'll be getting a gear lock, seat covers, put some light tint film on and go for an air filter and strur brace in awithing a couple of months.

Initial dirving impression - accelerates good, excellent gear ration though the gear shift is hard and not vvery smooth - maybe it'll loosen up over time - the car does handle great in the dry though i havent pushed it past 100 /4000 rpm - done 217 km so far on the odometer - got it at 58.

Steering is weighted nicely and very quick - compared to my old esteem and the adventure which felt ponderous and heavy in the corners - body roll is there but less as compared to our other cars.

registration expected any time soon and soon as i can connect the crappy cameraphone to the IRDA port on my comp , ill post pics - or go over to a friend and get him to shoot (i only have a film Nikon) .

The tyres dont stick out so it looks quite simple - the alloys design is simple as well - didnt want too flashy - but iu guess having a blue baleno itself makes it flashy.

Rehaan - the stock offset for the baleno i think is 38 with 13/5 rims - apparently the guys on clubaleno.co.uk recommend between 32-38 but with wider tyres they'll stick out then

thanns for the help folks.

zaphod
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2005, 12:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

thats a really good forum for balenos..clubaleno.co.uk, very good technical info and some awesome rides
Old 21st January 2005, 13:31   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got the car - blue and the t yres - 195/60 Michelin MXF Sport - they seem okay so far though Iceman has warned me about the grip in the wet -
Spot on. I hate the Michelin MXF's of my Esteem during the monsoons.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 11:31   #38
BHPian

Talking new set of tyres for my indica turbo

hello friends.. please help me on this!

i indica turbo is an year old and running is 42000 km ,so you can imagine how much running i do everyday! and now i need to change my tires as they have worn out completely! i have no idea abt the new tyres or which are best! i went thru lots of threads on the forum but there are just too many numbers and thts beyond me! most of my drives are at high speeds (100 kmph+) and on rough roads too! i am looking for the best set for my car which would hve superior grip and ride .. expense is no issue.?
khadoos baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Hi,

Could someone tell me- What Brand of Alloys are these on Autopsyche's Kronic Indica- Is the Alloy and Tyre upsized- What is the Price and where to source in Delhi. Thanks

[COLOR=#22229c]
[/COLOR]
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 20:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

If i remember correctly its
195/50-15 Maxxis tyres
15" MOMO alloys (wild guess)
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote