Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 14th October 2016, 17:17   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Dzire : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi All,

Shoes of my Dzire need to be changed as I see uneven wear in them. I am running on the stock MRF ZV2K and not very satisfied with the performance. My father has Bridgestone(probably 165 mm S248) on his Dzire Petrol and I like the grip. I am planning to upgrade to 185 mm stock rim (R14). What are the suggestions currently? I am inclined to Bridgestone B290 and XM2. Also, I would want to know - how much kms can the aforementioned tires run if I do proper alignment, balancing and rotation?

I am open to other good recommendations as well. I have to take a 3000+ kms round trip during diwali and need to replace tires before that. So, would appreciate quick help!

Thanks in anticipation.
YoungSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 18:20   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I am inclined to Bridgestone B290 and XM2. Also, I would want to know - how much kms can the aforementioned tires run if I do proper alignment, balancing and rotation?.
Major requirements?

I have Michelin XM2+ (195/60 R15) on my Swift that has done 32K kms and it will last me another 30-35K kms minimum.

Michelin are softer tyres and chances of damage are pretty high. I had a minor accident a few weeks back where a splendor sliding on the road came hit my cars right tyre at 50 kmph. Result = Sidewall tear and I had to change that tyre (lost 5K).

Overall cost and delicate nature of this tyre is what worries me else I haven't come across any tyre that can beat the XM2 in its segment.

What care I take for a longer tyre life are: I keep a check on tyre pressures weekly with wheel alignment, balancing and rotation every 5000 kms.

Overall if I am to suggest, get the Bridgestone B290 BUT before that check why uneven tyre wear is noticed on your car before you go for the swap.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:32   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi All,

Shoes of my Dzire need to be changed as I see uneven wear in them. I am running on the stock MRF ZV2K and not very satisfied with the performance. My father has Bridgestone(probably 165 mm S248) on his Dzire Petrol and I like the grip. I am planning to upgrade to 185 mm stock rim (R14). What are the suggestions currently? I am inclined to Bridgestone B290 and XM2. Also, I would want to know - how much kms can the aforementioned tires run if I do proper alignment, balancing and rotation?

I am open to other good recommendations as well. I have to take a 3000+ kms round trip during diwali and need to replace tires before that. So, would appreciate quick help!

Thanks in anticipation.
Bridgestone tyres are one of the best across the tyre range available in the market. S248 is also a good one & come as OEM fitted in new cars too.
I'm using B290 from last one year & have travelled around 30,000kms with them shod on front Stock 15-inch Alloy rims of my Swift DZire ZDi across both High speed well laid roads as well as mud-gravel laden No-roads & even roads with good number or potholes & rumble-strip speed breakers.
They're simply great, although build bit tough & a bit heavy(as I felt than this light car actually needs) than usually normal range Bridgestone tyres are(including Turanza). Overall, Grip levels are much better, speeds well contained, Fuel efficiency of nearly 22kmpl(on Highways). Now planning to replace its another 2-tyres with same or a bit lighter ones with similar levels of performance.
I think only Michelin tyres are better than these tyres.

Btw, you can also go for Yokohama tyres, as they're available in 14-inch rim size with 185 width combination, only not available in 185/65-R15 size which I needed.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:06   #64
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shoes of my Dzire need to be changed as I see uneven wear in them.
Tyres on my Dzire also need to be changed in the coming weeks. Stock tyres have done well over 52k. Bridgestone & Yokohama Earth 1 is what i have in mind.
Quote:
I am planning to upgrade to 185 mm stock rim (R14).
I was also planning to go in for wider rubber but i guess i'll stick to stock size or maybe 175mm since the car is only driven around in the city.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote