Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th May 2009, 11:43   #31
RAC
BHPian

I was quoted Rs 250 for changing the value and then thought that if this does not solve the problem or air leakage, I might have to spend another Rs250.00 on the tube.

100 bucks for a tubeless tyre valve - I need to go to another tyre dealer.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 11:44   #32
BHPian

Default leaky value

I recently changed my tires to tubeless and last 3 months didnot have any issue . Yday the front right tires were fully deflated , i demounted and checked for punctures , was told by the guy that the Value is leaking and needs to be replaced . Since it a new tire hardly run 1000 kms should i take it to the vendor or replace the value at nearby tire shop . pls advice .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 18:22   #33
RAC
BHPian

@rm arjuna - my opinion - depends on how far either of them is. I have been informed in posts above that the valve costs Rs100.00. So for me, no point travelling far if you have a decent place nearby to replace the valve.
If you do not have confidence, go straight to the dealer you bought the tyres from.

Not sure if there is a warranty period for valves.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:39   #34
BHPian

Default Air leaking in new Tubeless Tyre

All,
I recently upgraded to Yokohama tubeless tires on my Indica Xeta from Lokmanya, Pune. Also, had Nitrogen filled. However, I have been observing one concerning thing for last month or so.
My front right tyre (driver side), looses pressure quite often in a space of a week. Whereas, other tyres retain their pressure quite well. I keep 31psi on front and 29 on rear. As Nitrogen filling stations are not found everywhere (and are costly ~30 buck for top-ups), I find it painful to go every now and then to fill up.
What could be the reason? Please help

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2010 at 11:15. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
All,
I recently upgraded to Yokohama tubeless tires on my Indica Xeta from Lokmanya, Pune. Also, had Nitrogen filled.
Could be:

1. a puncture
2. defective valve
3. Bent rim (especially if on OEM rims)

Can't think of any thing else!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:24   #36
BHPian

Hi,

I had a similar problem which lasted a few weeks.
The puncture repair place was unable to find a leak anywhere.
Finally I went to another tyre shop and after half an hour of immersing the tyre in the water tub, they found a miniscule leak where the balancing weight had been clipped on to the rim. Removed the clip on weight. Fitted one of similar size with a sticker and no problem after that.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:38   #37
BHPian

On a sidenote, it is advisable to put tubes in a tubeless tyre? Before flaming me has any one tried? I have a cut in sidewall of my Michelin Primacy LC, which has done around 20000 kms since changing it at Madhu's, Bangalore. It is not that is leaking air or has gone flat. It is alive, I have done around 4000 kms with that cut and no problem so far Am wondering whether I can put a tube and run it for another 10-15 kms and then change it.

Nikhil??? Help please..

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:11   #38
BHPian

Default One more cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Could be:

1. a puncture
2. defective valve
3. Bent rim (especially if on OEM rims)

Can't think of any thing else!

Let me add:
4. there could be fine pores on the wheel rim - along the width of the wheel rim or on any where else it has to seal air.

This gets diagnosed with dip in pool testing :-) My old truck had local alloys which used to leak air from the tubeless tyres. Tried various kinds of welding, etc, but all was a mess. Solution: finally got new set of steel rims fitted as I could not afford new set of alloys.
vijuvarghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
All,
I recently upgraded to Yokohama tubeless tires on my Indica Xeta from Lokmanya, Pune.
My front right tyre (driver side), looses pressure quite often in a space of a week. What could be the reason? Please help
Other than reasons posted earlier, air leak could also be due to improper sealing between valve & rim.

Hope that rims were checked for any bends/rusts prior to switching over to tubeless as suggested earlier by 'raccoon' & 'me'?

And before visiting any other tyre repair shop, please visit tyre dealer (Lokmanya tyres) for diagnosis.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:12   #40
BHPian

Thanks @trrk, @suzuki san, @anainar, @vijuvarghese and @sukiwa. Will visit Lokmanya soon to sort this out.
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote