Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 6th June 2008, 16:39   #1
BHPian

Default CEAT - What's the news?

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Ceat had a "Change is refreshing" campaign during the IPL. Any idea what the change is about?

CEAT Tyres - Home

Anyone has experience with Ceat tyres?

Last edited by Proxima : 6th June 2008 at 16:42.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 16:45   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hange is here. Something you will see and experience in the days to come. Starting with our new logo’, states Ceat Tyres’ new print campaign.
Quote:
According to Sujata Keshavan, Managing Director of the Bangalore-based Ray & Keshavan, “There is always a business reason and a future plan linked to a logo change. Whenever the current image of the company is not relevant companies go in for a logo change. The logo is like the signature of a company and the face of its brand.”

In fact, a logo change is a long-drawn-out process and is usually announced when a certain mission has been accomplished by any corporate.

“We announced a radical change. Ceat’s turnover in the last year crossed Rs 2,600 crore. We are likely to report the highest ever profit in the year that has gone by,” declared Harsh V. Goenka, Chairman, RPG Group, unveiling Ceat’s new colourful logo.
More here:

Source: TheHindu

You can check this as well:

MArketing Practice
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 16:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

Anyone has experience with Ceat tyres?
Not in recent times; had them years ago on my Fiat 1100D when Radials were relatively new on the market.

I too was wondering what they're up to when I was seeing the ads. Maybe Ishan can give us the gossip, Ishan?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 17:22   #4
BHPian

I remember seeing Ceat on the mudflaps of lorries and bullets looong time back.
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 17:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

I had used Ceat Spider tyres on my Alto earlier. IMO the tyres were pretty ok, hard compound and never had a single puncture in 2 years of usage.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 19:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

i've seen ceat secura zoom (dual rib) tyres

as well as tried out a bike shod with ceat secura sport. good fun for moderate speeds.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

I M800 there were standard crossply nylon CEAT tyres. Each set would last around 40K. After the second set, it was time for Goodyear Radials.

Ceat tyres were more than good. Did journey to Goa in M800 from Vadodara and not a single puncture. Mahabaleshwar to Vadodara in one day and still no issue from tyres. Short on grip though, but they were crossply nylon and very thin. I feel that Even bikes like CBZ in those days had wider tyres.

Havent tried Radials. Just before selling Caliber, the front was fitted with Ceat directional tyre. Gave good grip, but then I sold that bike off.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well a lot of the Indian tyre companies are really in doldrums when it comes to the Passenger Cars segment. Most of their OE business has been taken away by Bridgestone & Goodyear & the other entrants are making serious inroads into the replacement segment. Add to that cars switching to larger wheels & tyres and their strength base of producing 12/13/14" tyres is getting eroded fast.

On top of that most of these makers have very shoddy R&D with the typical Indian lala company mentality of not allocating enough money to encourage new innovations. So basically most of the domestic companies are now in no position to compete with the might of global giants like Michelin, Yokohama, Bridgestone etc. So the future for them in this segment is bleak. And they can't really even dominate the cheaper tyre segment as not only are there too many players in it now but the Chinese too have entered that realm.

So basically they can't produce enough new & attractive products & don't the have the technology/money to do so either. IMO in the future the only way forward for them might be to either forge a technical partnership with a global major (Difficult since everyone wants to tap the emerging markets directly now) or a merger/acquisition.

Ceat has had a real tough time over the past few years in this segment like most other Indian companies. It has grown to such an extent that they are now a sizeable player only in segments like Cars/Bikes/Three-Wheels, OTR tyres etc. This re-branding is an attempt to refresh their image & get it back into the consumer's minds. But I don't see it working unless they can bring out some really outstanding product since the older products don't really cut the grade anymore.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 13:58   #9
BANNED

CHANGE is inevitable !
CHANGE is refreshing !!

Ad for Ceat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
This re-branding is an attempt to refresh their image & get it back into the consumer's minds. But I don't see it working unless they can bring out some really outstanding product since the older products don't really cut the grade anymore.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 15:16   #10
BHPian

As they kicked the dog off when Hutch was bought over Vodafone (now they have called the dog again and boasting it as thier customer service LOL), Ceat is following suite, they have kicked the Rhino and have changed the logo, may be they are coming out in a big bang, where there is enough competetion out there.
kingshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 12:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: CEAT - What's the news?

Ceat launches all new range of premium car and SUV tyres :

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...v-tyres/17356/
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote