Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th September 2016, 11:35   #301
BHPian

Finally I went for Yoko Earth 1 and I am kind of surprised about how much bad situation my earlier tyre were. Other than obvious differences that you feel when you change to new tyres like more comfortable ride and lower noise, there are certain remarkable improvements that I felt. Immediately next morning after change I started my road trip to Jaisalmer. So I had ample opportunity to test these tyres against my earlier experiences as I have done a large part of this section lot of times earlier. The most important improvements is in high speed steering stability and responsiveness, driving on NE 1 was a different and much improved experience now. Also the control on vehicle both in terms of manoeuvring and braking is substantially superior even if I compare it to situation when my earlier B 390 were not so old. I can also feel better fuel economy on highways. So net net key learning for me is to not wait longer and change the tyre earlier than this time. I guess now 40k would be my limit. Overall quite happy with performance after more than 2k km ride with it.
anupamtiwari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 13:12   #302
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

HI Guys, Need urgent help.

My 2013 Innova V, has been 16 inch rims and was having Yoko DB 225/55/r16 Tyres. Now after 50k Kms, the tyres are due an replacement. However, keeping in mind the Cash crunch right now, I was planning to find a thinner profile tyres to keep the price low.

The tyre guy suggested i go for 215/60/r16 and said that it would not cause any problems and would provide far superior comfort. I checked using tyre upsize calculator, that this would be 2.7% larger in diameter compared to the original size recommended by company of 205/65/r15. Do let me know if this is acceptable tyre upsize? can I go ahead with this 215/60/r16?

Thank you
ihkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 15:17   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
can I go ahead with this 215/60/r16?
You can go ahead with this tyre choice, it's still within 3% tolerance for Overall Diameter (OD).
Which tyre brand,model have you opted for & what's price per tyre?
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 15:44   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
You can go ahead with this tyre choice, it's still within 3% tolerance for Overall Diameter (OD).
Which tyre brand,model have you opted for & what's price per tyre?
Thank you,

I am going with Yokohama A348. There are very few options available in this size. Hope this is a decent model. I am looking for comfort and grip. what do you think about the model?
Old 16th November 2016, 16:03   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going with Yokohama A348. I am looking for comfort and grip. what do you think about the model?
Yoko A348 would offer good grip in both wet & dry conditions, don't know about comfort level. It's an older tread design though.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:31   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Yoko A348 would offer good grip in both wet & dry conditions, don't know about comfort level. It's an older tread design though.
Thank you for the reply. Any idea about the durability?
By the way, does it really matter if the tread design is old?
Old 17th November 2016, 08:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the durability?
A tyre that offers good grip & comfort won't be long lasting & a durable tyre won't offer grip/comfort. It's always a trade-off among these.
Quote:
does it really matter if the tread design is old?
It doesn't matter, just shared my view. As long as you get relatively new tyre (less than 6-9 month old), it's fine.
Old 17th November 2016, 10:34   #308
BHPian

Quote:
A tyre that offers good grip & comfort won't be long lasting & a durable tyre won't offer grip/comfort. It's always a trade-off among these.
It doesn't matter, just shared my view. As long as you get relatively new tyre (less than 6-9 month old), it's fine.
Thank you. The tyre is June 2016 manufactured, hence no worries on the age aspect. I just got them installed. Will provide a feedback once i get a chance to drive them on a highway.

Last edited by ihkhan : 17th November 2016 at 11:01.