Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 3rd December 2008, 23:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Are the XM1+ tyres assymetrical? I thought they were not. Can someone confirm?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 09:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Yes, XM1 and XM1+ both have same thread pattern.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 09:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Yes XM1+ tread design is assymetrical exactly the same as the XM1. The only difference is the tread is deeper leading to longer tyre life.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 10:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

one doubt. do assymetric tyres come in mirror image LH and RH pairs, or can the same tyre be used on both sides ?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 10:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

The same tyre can be used on both sides. The important thing is how the tyre is mounted on the rim. There is only one way to fit the tyre on the rim. One side is labelled outside and it should be fit on the rim correctly. After that whether you fit on left or right it will be the same.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 10:07   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
one doubt. do assymetric tyres come in mirror image LH and RH pairs, or can the same tyre be used on both sides ?
They can usually be used on both sides of the car.

The thing is, there is an "inside" and "outside" marking on the tyre. So, according to that it needs to be fitted to the rim. It can be used on any side of the car.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 11:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Yes, I always do 5 wheel Rotation every 5K kms. They are bi-directional but assymmetric, hence can be used both sides but needs to be mounted carefully (based on OUTSIDE and INSIDE mark).

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:48   #38
BHPian

Sorry to update an old thread. But I seemed to miss on your final decision.

What did you buy?

I too am planning on getting 205/60R15s in Assurance for my Fusion. What attracts me is the Kevlar ply in them that makes them light but strong as well.
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 13:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Sorry to update an old thread. But I seemed to miss on your final decision.

What did you buy?

I too am planning on getting 205/60R15s in Assurance for my Fusion. What attracts me is the Kevlar ply in them that makes them light but strong as well.
I think XM1 is not there any more (per Ashwin@Saii Iyengar@Bangalore). Now Michelin has what they call Primacy LC. Last month I updated my Fusion+ as well but, with Goodyear GT3.

I was initially looking for Michelin, but the price was double. ~12K vs. 20K. I went with the same standard Good year. Seems to work well for me. The 12K included wheel alignment as well.

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2009 at 13:15.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 23:23   #40

Default Request help and advice to buy the best tyres for Toyota Innova

Dear Fellow BHPians,

I request you to help me select the best tyre for my Toyota Innova. The original set were Bridgestone and proved not so good tyres. I changed these for Michellin XM1+. I need to buy a new set of tyres and request your advice for:

1. Which is the best brand to buy between Michellin, Goodyear, Bridgestone and Yoko (if they make tyres that are correct fit for a Innova)?
2. As I love to drive long distances, please suggest the tyre which can take the 'highway abuse' given the kind of roads we have....
3. Please suggest if I should change my steel wheel drums for alloy wheels? If yes, which ones and the benefit I can get?
4. As I stay in Hyderabad, can anyone help me get the best price/good deal for the new tyres and some money for the old set of 5 tyres.

Thanks a lot in advance. Look forward to making the buy this weekend itself...so, kindly reply and help.

Regards,
VVK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 00:12   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I know it's past the weekend but I hope this post helps you anyway.

There is no best brand as such but generally Michelin, Yoko, Continental will give you better grip and comfort. The Bridgestone ER60 is quite good as well.

For highway abuse, given that the stock size is such a high profile tyre, almost any tyre would be ok.

You can change your rims to alloys. Yoiu can go hunting in the local market and find something you like.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote