Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 4th September 2008, 13:00   #16
BHPian

will the wheels fit Swift vdi??? need answer asap
four_tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 13:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Honda showroom/service center in Hyd - Off R.P Road

Spoke to the receptionist , was courted to a guy in sales called Sunil . Sunil ended up saying that they haven't received the wheels and will call me once they arrive . I wonder if this is a sales tactic by the show room itself to buy them from Honda at discounted rate and stock the alloys until expiry of the offer .
Quite possible as I got the same response from the stores manager at Whitefield Honda in Bangalore. According to him, they are expecting the stock in a weeks time.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 13:34   #18
BHPian

will the wheels fit my Swift vdi??? need answer asap.. can wheel guru answer this please ??? thanks in advanace
Old 4th September 2008, 13:44   #19
BHPian

four_tire

Have a look at this thread:
Team-BHP Classifieds - VTEC ALLOY 14 Inch RIMS (FAT FIVES) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

However, i think the offer is open to existing Honda customers - not sure if they will fit these on your Swift or for that matter someone who bought a used honda - but you can always call them up and enquire.
dhiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 13:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
four_tire

Team-BHP Classifieds - VTEC ALLOY 14 Inch RIMS (FAT FIVES) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

However, i think the offer is open to existing Honda customers - not sure if they will fit these on your Swift or for that matter someone who bought a used honda - but you can always call them up and enquire.
Thanks a lot Dhiman! Now i see that they will fit properly.

But why would the honda guys not sell to Someone who brought used honda car??
Old 4th September 2008, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Here is the update from Dakshin Honda. They are expecting the alloys tomorrow evening in Bangalore and probably, they will go on display day after. The basic package is for 4 wheels only. And, I also got to know that they are different in look "n" feel when compared to the alloys that are there on the current models.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 15:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Great deal. Just check whether there are any cracks (hairline cracks) on the alloys. This is very crucial. Do post some pics of alloys on your City.
Ill do that. I only got them yesterday night. I haven't had a chance to look them up closely. Ill post pics although they are same as the wheels that come with the NHC VTEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Here is the update that I got from Whitefield Honda. The offer as published is 4 alloy wheels for 10K. Apart from this, there will be 3K charge for fixing the wheels, balancing and alignment, etc. If we need the 5th wheel as well, then the over all cost would be 19K as against the original price of 29K.
Murali, they are talking pure BS. If 4 wheels are for 10k then five minus fitment charges should be 12.5K right? Add fitment and the total comes to about 15k. I saw the bill from Prime today. They charged 2,200 for each wheel. With fitment charges, bolts, other parts and VAT total came to Rs. 13,999. The remaining Rs.1000 was for labor: 890 + service tax of 110.

Also these are the stock alloys that come on the VTEC. Don't let the dealer palm off some other stuff on you.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 15:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
four_tire

Mine look like these with the addition of the black H Honda logo in the center . Also I thought the fat fives were the alloys they used to sell with old City S??

One question for the tire gurus. The stock rims were 14x5.5. These alloys are 14x6J. Does that make any difference?
Old 4th September 2008, 16:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Mine look like these with the addition of the black H Honda logo in the center . Also I thought the fat fives were the alloys they used to sell with old City S??

One question for the tire gurus. The stock rims were 14x5.5. These alloys are 14x6J. Does that make any difference?
14*6J will cost you 10500 for set of 4 NEW (Silver/ Black)
Karkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 18:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkrazy View Post
14*6J will cost you 10500 for set of 4 NEW (Silver/ Black)
I mean in terms of performance, not money.
Old 4th September 2008, 18:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Depends on what size you intend to run on them. For 175's they would be overkill, for 195's they would be perfect.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 20:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Depends on what size you intend to run on them. For 175's they would be overkill, for 195's they would be perfect.
Well Im running the stock size 175/65 which your friend at Yokohama sold me I thought the alloys were a direct replacement, same size as the steel rims. In the bill they gave me I saw the size was 14x6.
Since these are the same alloys they put on the VTEC, are they an overkill on that car as well? Because as far as I know the VTEC comes with the same size of tires as the iDSI City.
Old 4th September 2008, 20:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

They'll work but at least 185 is preferable. And this gives you an excuse too, next time you upgrade, get 185/195!
Old 5th September 2008, 12:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yes, they'll fit the OHC without any issues.
Hi Ishan,

A stupid question. Will these rims fit a Getz?

\N
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 13:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yes Nitin they will. And it's not a stupid question!