Team-BHP - Tyre for Omni.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Tyre for Omni. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/46194-tyre-omni.html)

The tyres of Omni (1997 carb model) is due for change, currently running Goodyear G28 145 section which is excellent in all terms(Grip, Mileage etc etc).

Thinking of switching to tubeless tyres in this tyre change, checked a tyre shop in Lajpat Nagar for Tubeless options, Michelin and Bridgestone avaliable for Rs.1700 and Rs. 1900 per tyre. Is price okay?

My question is which one will be better, My driving is minimal which includes 60% highway drives and 40% on city roads.

Any other options in tubeless, the condition being Good grip and average mileage.

looking for new battery too, if I can ask here which one is better SF or Amaron considering the price difference is Rs. 300.

Thanks
Setu Niket

No replies yet! :mad: Waiting for suggestions.

Both Michelin & Bridgestone are good tyres. But before going for tubeless do make sure that your car's steel rims are not bent or rusted, both those things are a pain with tubeless tyres. Also, prices seem to be pretty decent.

P.S. Michelin does not have any tube type tyres in their range in India.

If I were you, I'd go in for the Amaron anyday. I haven't had a very good experience with Exide in my vehicles. Have heard good reviews of Amaron. Also have an Amaron inverter batts... going good since 2 years or so.

No upsize options ishaan? :D MAybe 15's shod with yokos or something!! :D

Don't want to sound like a spoilsport but do get the rims checked by someone for the suitability of putting tubeless on them. It's quite unlikely for an 11 year old steel rim to be in perfect shape to take on tubeless tyres. However, the dealer might say "chalega" just to sell his tyres. Get an independent view.
Tubeless tyres need to have a perfect coupling with the rim so that there is no air loss. If the rim is not perfectly round air will continuously seep out and it will be a bigger headache.
Bu the way, what is the stock size of Omni tyres? Do these newly introduced foreign brands have tyres in that size?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 989069)
No upsize options ishaan? :D MAybe 15's shod with yokos or something!! :D

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 989055)
Both Michelin & Bridgestone are good tyres. But before going for tubeless do make sure that your car's steel rims are not bent or rusted, both those things are a pain with tubeless tyres. Also, prices seem to be pretty decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 989145)
Don't want to sound like a spoilsport but do get the rims checked by someone for the suitability of putting tubeless on them. It's quite unlikely for an 11 year old steel rim to be in perfect shape to take on tubeless tyres. However, the dealer might say "chalega" just to sell his tyres. Get an independent view.
Tubeless tyres need to have a perfect coupling with the rim so that there is no air loss. If the rim is not perfectly round air will continuously seep out and it will be a bigger headache.
Bu the way, what is the stock size of Omni tyres? Do these newly introduced foreign brands have tyres in that size?

The tyre size is 145 R12. Yes, surpisingly almost every company has this size(which I didnt expect).

I will get the rims checked thoroughly by the time I buy a new set of Tyres. My main concern is mileage as the current set of Goodyear didnt last that long but provided awesome grip. If the tubeless ones cant be used I will stick to this tyre, worth every penny in terms of grip.