Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:02   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Aura has 5 models in 98PCD, with so-so looks and Neo has a few I like. Any idea who stocks these makes with wide choice?
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:34   #302
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Aura has 5 models in 98PCD, with so-so looks and Neo has a few I like. Any idea who stocks these makes with wide choice?
Checked neowheels.com. They have a lot of 98PCD wheels and look good too.

Find a dealer and try calling them up!
Neo Wheels India
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 23:59   #303
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Palio tyre upgrade

The FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 comes stock with either Goodyear GPS2 or Bridgestone S248, in size 165/80 R 13.

Is an upgrade to a wider tyre, 185/70 R 13, recommended? I could get this size in both, Michelin XM1s and Yokohama A.drive's.
Cornering ability and road grip will be improved with a wider tyre; however will I experience a drop in FE, and if so, by how much.
Also, will ride comfort be improved?

All in all, do you guys advice upgrading?

Thanks
P.S. I wish to stick to 13"
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 00:35   #304
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

How much would XM1s and A.drive's cost me in size 185/70 R13.
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 00:51   #305
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Regarding your PM, there are no Michelin or Yokohama options available in 165/80 R13.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 01:03   #306
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Regarding your PM, there are no Michelin or Yokohama options available in 165/80 R13.
Very well then. I know that XM1s and A.drive's are available in 185/70 R 13, and my question is, if I should upgrade to this size.

Road grip and cornering ability would certainly improve, but how about FE and ride comfort.
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 02:32   #307
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Road grip and cornering ability would certainly improve, but how about FE and ride comfort.
I think I've given you clear answers about the same previously over PM a couple of times. I cleared my outbox so don't have a copy now.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 02:42   #308
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think I've given you clear answers about the same previously over PM a couple of times. I cleared my outbox so don't have a copy now.
Ishan, I feel tempted to upgrade, for two reasons -
1. I'd be getting some of the best tyres, i.e. XM1 and A.drive
2. Improved cornering and road grip ability.

If the drop in FE is significant (don't know what effect the upgrade would have on ride comfort), would I be doing more harm than good, if I went in for wider tyres? (185/70 R13).

Or should I stick to the stock tyres.

Will be interested in your suggestions.
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 02:49   #309
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

185's on the 1.1 wouldn't be my choice for multiple reasons to be frank. It's already underpowered & wider tyres will do it no favours with regards to accelaration & FE.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 03:00   #310
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
185's on the 1.1 wouldn't be my choice for multiple reasons to be frank. It's already underpowered & wider tyres will do it no favours with regards to accelaration & FE.
So, you're suggestion is to stick to the stock tyres then, correct?
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 10:57   #311
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
The FIAT Palio Stile 1.1 comes stock with either Goodyear GPS2 or Bridgestone S248, in size 165/80 R 13.

Is an upgrade to a wider tyre, 185/70 R 13, recommended? I could get this size in both, Michelin XM1s and Yokohama A.drive's.
Cornering ability and road grip will be improved with a wider tyre; however will I experience a drop in FE, and if so, by how much.
Also, will ride comfort be improved?

All in all, do you guys advice upgrading?

Thanks
P.S. I wish to stick to 13"
80 series tyres are no-no. You should switch to 185/70 R13
MICHELIN and YOKO should cost you anywhere between 3K to 3.2K.
When you will swith from tubed BRIDGESTONE or GY to Tubeless MICHELIN OR YOKO, there will be no FE drop.
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 11:16   #312
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,489
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

I have a palio 1.2 and it seems to be pretty ok with the 165/80 profile tyres and ride seems to be better than my 1.6 with the 14inchers. I too would suggest sticking to the same profile since the 1.1 is even more underpowered compared to the 1.2 and may have an adverse effect. Do talk to some other 1.1 owners who have upgraded their tyres though.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 17:43   #313
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOM
Posts: 429
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
When you will swith from tubed BRIDGESTONE or GY to Tubeless MICHELIN OR YOKO, there will be no FE drop.
The S248 and GPS2 that come as stock tyres are tubeless, not tube type.
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 20:48   #314
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

luvjascha, Patchyboy owns a Stile 1.1 and has upsized his tires to 185/65 R14 (Michelin XM1), and he is quite happy with his car's performance post upsize.

Do check with him for more info.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 10:45   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I have a palio 1.2 and it seems to be pretty ok with the 165/80 profile tyres and ride seems to be better than my 1.6 with the 14inchers. I too would suggest sticking to the same profile since the 1.1 is even more underpowered compared to the 1.2 and may have an adverse effect. Do talk to some other 1.1 owners who have upgraded their tyres though.
168/80 R13 has a lot of understeer feel..
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Screwdriva Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 336 15th December 2017 01:48
Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread furioussphinx Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 651 25th August 2017 21:54
Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread vancity Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 235 8th June 2017 16:13
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 8th May 2017 09:17
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 29th August 2016 17:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks