Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 09:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Bridgestone India Private Limited

I have a problem kpzen. The ER60 is available only in tube type as per the above link? My requirement is of tubeless tyres. I'm getting slightly confused now, hopefully when I visit the tyre shop tomorrow I will have a clearer picture of my options, as well as the background you guys have provided.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 12th October 2008, 11:12   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

well the g3s make huge amounts of noise, the ride is stiff and the grip is just above average in todays standards. thats why you should avoid them. oh yeah they are also now manufactured in india and even if you do get a jap made set theyll be too old.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 12th October 2008, 11:16   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Bridgestone India Private Limited

I have a problem kpzen. The ER60 is available only in tube type as per the above link? My requirement is of tubeless tyres. I'm getting slightly confused now, hopefully when I visit the tyre shop tomorrow I will have a clearer picture of my options, as well as the background you guys have provided.
the ER60s are available in Tubeless only. i think there is mistake in the co's site.
lancer123 is offline  
Old 12th October 2008, 14:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well the g3s make huge amounts of noise, the ride is stiff and the grip is just above average in todays standards. thats why you should avoid them. oh yeah they are also now manufactured in india and even if you do get a jap made set theyll be too old.
That's everything I don't want. More and more inclined towards the ER60's now, subject to the FE issue, which vid6639 just confirmed should not be affected. Just a couple more opinions now, from ER60 users if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer123 View Post
The ER60s are available in Tubeless only. i think there is mistake in the co's site.
That's good, then. I'm going for tubeless only. Thanks for confirming that.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th October 2008 at 14:10.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 12th October 2008, 15:19   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Akshay

- Bstone Turanza ER60, Yokohama A drive and Apollo Aceleres are best options in 195/60-15.
- Michelin MXV8 are also good but not VFM.
- Yoko C drives are not available in 195/60-15.
- If u are sticking to stock size, then none of the three tires will cause drop in FE.
kpzen is offline  
Old 12th October 2008, 17:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
-Bstone Turanza ER60, Yokohama A drive and Apollo Aceleres are best options in 195/60-15.
- Michelin MXV8 are also good but not VFM.
- Yoko C drives are not available in 195/60-15.
- If u are sticking to stock size, then none of the three tires will cause drop in FE.
Thanks for narrowing it down to these three, kpzen. I'm heading to the tyre fellow tomorrow and checking all three out, will gauge cost v/s other parameters and then make my decision on the spot. Have read up enough about the three options on tbhp in the last few days. By the way, I'm inclined towards the ER60. Will keep you posted.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 15:24   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Lightbulb

hi..just spoke to the tyre dealer,and he recommended re88 over er60.says the ride might be affected as turanza is slightly harder compound.I'm still inclined for turanza as everyone here says re88 is crap.the turanza will cost 4700 per tyre. good price? im visiting and finalizing tomorrow. need concluding opinions to finish off the matter. anyone? kp? thanks for all ur help guys.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 16:06   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

OMG. The dealer is talking all crap.! Which dealer is it?

- RE88 is strict NO-NO. Whatever the dealer says Don't even have a look at them.
- 4700 is a bit on the costlier side. Try a different dealer and also do some bargaining.
- What kind of roads do u mostly drive on? Good/bad or horrible??
- U can consider Yoko A drives also. It should be around 4400 per tire.
kpzen is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 16:07   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

New Corolla is coming with 195/65/15 sized Turanzas, check them out if you want improved ride!
bhp1 is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
New Corolla is coming with 195/65/15 sized Turanzas, check them out if you want improved ride!
Those are Turanza ER30 not ER60.
kpzen is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 16:32   #26
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
hi..just spoke to the tyre dealer,and he recommended re88 over er60.says the ride might be affected as turanza is slightly harder compound.I'm still inclined for turanza as everyone here says re88 is crap.the turanza will cost 4700 per tyre. good price? im visiting and finalizing tomorrow. need concluding opinions to finish off the matter. anyone? kp? thanks for all ur help guys.
Dealer is absolutely wrong in saying that..ER60 is much better in grip & comfort..should not cost u more than Rs.4500. try some other dealer..which area r u located...I might suggest you some other dealer in ur locality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Those are Turanza ER30 not ER60.
In fact its ER300 which is an asymmetric pattern

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th October 2008 at 16:52.
lancer123 is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 16:42   #27
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

@Kpzen, I never mentioned ER30 or 60!
Reason why Im suggesting this profile instead of 195/60/15 is that Corollas ride is its Achille's heel. Maybe a taller profile will make the ride soother.
bhp1 is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 17:10   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,467
Thanked: 19,372 Times
Default

No both are different cars you cannot put the Altis tyres on the older corolla. It will lead to speedo error and may cause suspension issues. 195/65-15 is a very tall profile.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 17:17   #29
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

But there is not too much diff., if people can go wider, why not taller?
Speedo error would be very minor & suspension should not suffer damage.
I have 205/60/15 on my Corolla & this amounts to 195/65/15 only. From my own experience, Speedo error is minimum & suspension is going robust even after 40K kms.
bhp1 is offline  
Old 13th October 2008, 17:38   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
But there is not too much diff., if people can go wider, why not taller?
Thumb rule
While upsizing the rolling radius(height) of the upsized tires and stock tires has to be same or within a certain specified range.
kpzen is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are Bald Tyres grippier than New Tyres in the dry? smartcat Technical Stuff 38 20th February 2013 13:03
Alloys And Tyres For Innova. EDIT: With New Tyres. Mugen_Power Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 144 28th February 2009 01:20
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched extreme_torque The Indian Car Scene 295 19th September 2008 23:48
which alloys and tyres for corolla diven_b Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 34 2nd July 2007 19:53
Tubeless tyres for Corolla novice Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 9 21st December 2004 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks