Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 17th August 2012, 10:08   #31
Default Re: 500Km with a Tubeless Tyre puncture - Had no Clue!

Yesterday evening, I spotted a nail nicely resting between the grooves of the left rear tubeless tyre of my i10. I have no idea how long it has been there. I have no idea if some more nails might be present in any other tyres.

There is no unusual air leakage. The car is driving normal.

I will definitely get the puncture repaired. But what is the level or urgency ? Also, is there any risk involved if I drive around with a punctured tubeless tyre which is not loosing air ?

I am concerned because I drive on BETL. In case of any untoward incident, help will be hard to come by on BETL.

What is the approximate cost of tubeless tyre puncture repair ? Can I get it done at any decent tyre shop ?

rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 17:44   #32
Default Re: 500Km with a Tubeless Tyre puncture - Had no Clue!

Reviving an old thread -

While I have no way to tell as to when it got in, but this was found in the rear right wheel of my car when I got its first service done 10 days back.

I had been observing this wheel for sometime as it used to look a little bit more deflated compared to other tires, but nothing of the sort that would send alarm bells ringing.

With this bolt in the tire, I drove all the way to coorg and back, with 5 people on board. Travelled to Nandi Hills as well with the same guests, but never realized what lay in one of the tires. Not to mention my daily office commute of 30 kms

Was charged a cool INR 140/- by the service centre for repairing the puncture.

The tire is Bridgestone B250, and has completed 6000 kms till date.

Last Saturday I have changed over to Nitrogen as I am planning a long trip this weekend.

On a separate note, I don't carry the spare wheel to the service centre to avoid the wrong wheel being fitted, and also to prevent any potential mischief by the service center guys who may swap it with some other similar tire.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 8th October 2013 at 17:45. Reason: Typo
Safety is Param is online now   Reply With Quote