Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 23rd October 2011, 14:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Alloy wheel and tyre upgrade for the ANHC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
What were your OE tires?
Do you plan to upsize for comfort at the compromise of mileage?
If you plan to stick to OE size (175/60/15), then Michelin XM1 is the best choice with respect to drive and ride comfort.
In case you plan to go 185 upsize still you can get Michelin XM1 and in case of 195 you will get Michelin Primacy.
Please read donarun's earlier posts in order to know the benefits as well as loss due to up sizing.

HC
Thanks mate, I was thinking of going for Michelin XM1 and no, I am not going for up sizing the tire. My OE tire is Good year (175/65/R15).
ecenandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 11:03   #167
BHPian

What is the current resale price for brand new OEM Michelin XM 175/65R15?

And what tyres are available in 195/60 R15 and how much will they cost?
- I have only noticed Michelin Primacy LC in this range, but seems very expensive

Last edited by bharatbs : 13th March 2012 at 11:13.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 19:59   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
What is the current resale price for brand new OEM Michelin XM 175/65R15?

And what tyres are available in 195/60 R15 and how much will they cost?
- I have only noticed Michelin Primacy LC in this range, but seems very expensive
You have options like Yoko A Drive, Apollo Acelere, MRF ZLO as well.

The ZLO in 195/60-15 is in short supply but the others are available and are priced around 5000/- per tyre while the Michelin is 5700/-
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 12:32   #169
BHPian

Any idea guys which is the best place/person to go to in Minister Road, Hyderabad for alloy wheels / tyres and some minor modifications ? Looking for reliable and best deal...
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 19:52   #170

I am looking at options to upgrade the tires of my ANHC. Have booked the car, waiting for delivery. 195/60 R15 appears to be the most popular upgrade. And a significant lot of folks appear to be choosing comfort tires like the Michelin Primacy LC. I understand that comfort tires mean less noise which is important on the City given that NVH levels are higher (than the european sedans).
I am curious about 185/65 R15. It does not appear to be very common. Correct me, but the Fluidic Verna stock tires come in this size. Compared to 175/65, this size offers 6mm additional ground clearance. The 195/60 offers 3mm.

Since when I booked the City, the low GC has been my biggest concern. 185/65 appears to be the best choice to address that concern. The problem is this size is not very common. The new Michelin Energy XM2 range offers this size on their website, but local dealers say it will not be available in the next few months. Primacy LC and Yokohama A drive do not have this size. Have managed to find Bridgestone B250 series offers the 185/65 R15. But these tires might be noisy. Any experience?

So I have the following questions to the folks on this forum:
1. Has the driving experience, on bad roads, improved on the 2012 ANHC which has an improved GC of 165mm? In that case I can stop worrying about the GC and go for the 195/60 low noise tires.
2. Would the additional 3mm offered by the 185/65 really matter?

I am going about in circles on this issue. Would appreciate if some practical insights from you folks can make the choice obvious for me.
sdeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 14:28   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeka View Post
I am looking at options to upgrade the tires of my ANHC. Have booked the car, waiting for delivery. 195/60 R15 appears to be the most popular upgrade. And a significant lot of folks appear to be choosing comfort tires like the Michelin Primacy LC. I understand that comfort tires mean less noise which is important on the City given that NVH levels are higher (than the european sedans).
I am curious about 185/65 R15. It does not appear to be very common. Correct me, but the Fluidic Verna stock tires come in this size. Compared to 175/65, this size offers 6mm additional ground clearance. The 195/60 offers 3mm.

Since when I booked the City, the low GC has been my biggest concern. 185/65 appears to be the best choice to address that concern. The problem is this size is not very common. The new Michelin Energy XM2 range offers this size on their website, but local dealers say it will not be available in the next few months. Primacy LC and Yokohama A drive do not have this size. Have managed to find Bridgestone B250 series offers the 185/65 R15. But these tires might be noisy. Any experience?

So I have the following questions to the folks on this forum:
1. Has the driving experience, on bad roads, improved on the 2012 ANHC which has an improved GC of 165mm? In that case I can stop worrying about the GC and go for the 195/60 low noise tires.
2. Would the additional 3mm offered by the 185/65 really matter?

I am going about in circles on this issue. Would appreciate if some practical insights from you folks can make the choice obvious for me.
I have the same issue and have been wanting to upgrade to 185/65 but as you said these tyres are not readily available in the brands that we want. The new Maruti Ertiga also comes with this size, so I believe it should be available soon. Also, I'd like to keep the stock alloys. Am I correct to say that if I move to 185/65 or 195/60 I can still use the R15 stock alloys?
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 14:20   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I have the same issue and have been wanting to upgrade to 185/65 but as you said these tyres are not readily available in the brands that we want. The new Maruti Ertiga also comes with this size, so I believe it should be available soon. Also, I'd like to keep the stock alloys. Am I correct to say that if I move to 185/65 or 195/60 I can still use the R15 stock alloys?
Here is a page which specifies approved rim specs for various tyre sizes. the ANHC stock alloys are 15x5.5J. As per this chart the approved range for 195/60 r15 is 5.5-7.0 and for 185/65 r15 is 5.0-6.5. Which means both tire sizes will fit onto the stock alloys. Defer to an expert for confirmation.

Performance Tire Width | Yokohama Tire Corp.
sdeka is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 16:49   #173
BHPian

Hi all,

Has anyone tried up-sizing to 16" on their ANHC??

I'm currently running 175/65/15 and used a few Tire size calculators, which show the lowest variance on 205/50/16 - Variance was 0.5kmph at 100kmph.

I know Yokohama has this size in S drive and A drive R1. Any suggestions on makes/brands of tires that are available in this size???

Cheers..

Last edited by R32_GTR : 30th April 2012 at 17:06. Reason: added text
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 19:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
Hi all,

Has anyone tried up-sizing to 16" on their ANHC??

I'm currently running 175/65/15 and used a few Tire size calculators, which show the lowest variance on 205/50/16 - Variance was 0.5kmph at 100kmph.

I know Yokohama has this size in S drive and A drive R1. Any suggestions on makes/brands of tires that are available in this size???

Cheers..
The rim size in Thai and Malay market is 16 inch. The tyre option is a bit limited IMHO. 205 will be killer and the profile will not cushion too much. I think 205/50 should be used only if you drive on very smooth roads and do a lot of high speed cornering. 195 should be a good all rounder , 205 will also slow down the car with better grip and also effect economy.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 23:02   #175
BHPian

Last week I took delivery of my City SMT. It was stocked with MRF. Whenever I encounter any pot hole, I feel a thud. No suspension as such. May be, the tyre pressure is more. I may be wrong too.

Anyways, considering to change my tires, please suggest a good brand and size, mostly around 20KM my ride would be on the highway.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 21:34   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Last week I took delivery of my City SMT. It was stocked with MRF. Whenever I encounter any pot hole, I feel a thud. No suspension as such. May be, the tyre pressure is more. I may be wrong too.

Anyways, considering to change my tires, please suggest a good brand and size, mostly around 20KM my ride would be on the highway.
I am sure the thud is due to over pressure. The showrooms often tend to over inflate the tyres.

For low tyre noise and ride comfort you can look for Michelin PLC or XM1+. You can also try to find the latest XM2+ or even the new MRF ZLO if possible.

The default size is 175/65 R15, if you don't care much about the suspension warranty (I mean you should care about it but if at all??...then) then you can even think about upsizing to 195/60 R15.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st May 2012 at 21:42.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 21:58   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I am sure the thud is due to over pressure. The showrooms often tend to over inflate the tyres.

For low tyre noise and ride comfort you can look for Michelin PLC or XM1+. You can also try to find the latest XM2+ or even the new MRF ZLO if possible.

The default size is 175/65 R15, if you don't care much about the suspension warranty (I mean you should care about it but if at all??...then) then you can even think about upsizing to 195/60 R15.
Thanks mate. I was hoping to get my car stock fitted with Michelin, but unfortunately it came with MRF ZVTV.

I am new to the city, so not sure where to get the new tyres or atleast see what all is available.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
Thanks mate. I was hoping to get my car stock fitted with Michelin, but unfortunately it came with MRF ZVTV.

I am new to the city, so not sure where to get the new tyres or atleast see what all is available.
Michelin XM1 OEM are exhausted and XM1+ or XM2 are no longer an OEM since the price drop. If you are really inclined then go for Yokohama C/S as per your choice and also consider XM2. If you are to upgrade then PL2 is a very good option as far as my research points. Experts and gurus on the forum have tested newer tyres like MRF ZLO and are quite satisfied with the performance. You will get more value if you shop with the same manufacturer, in your case MRF. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 12:31   #179
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a tire upgrade in my Jazz, the best would be 195/60 R15 and what are the options!?

Dont want the ZLO yet, the reviews are all mixed up as much as I enquired as of now. I will give it couple more years!

How about the C-Drives!? I have read reviews here about lack of feedback from the C-Drives. What are your thoughts folks!?

Do the S-Drive come in this size!?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 13:12   #180
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Alloy wheel and tyre upgrade for the ANHC?

I finally got alloys for my ANHC.... I got HR hyper silver R 15 but didnt go for the tyre upgrade and retained the stock 175/65 R15 tyres as i didnt want to void the suspension warranty(yet). But it looks as if the tyres are less wider than the alloys, the tyre looks to be a bit inwards. Also the guy took hell lot of time while inflating them on the new alloys. Would it cause any problems in driving, manueverability, or any damage to the rims/car? Sort of worried...

Plus I got them for 17.5k including balancing and fitting, is that a reasonable cost for HR alloys??

Pics are attached below:

IMG00327-20120527-1202 by Abhimanyu_singh

IMG00312-20120526-1939 by Abhimanyu_singh

IMG00325-20120527-1200 by Abhimanyu_singh
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote