Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:59   #31
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Alloys for the ANHC - help!

Hi - looking to get myself a set of alloys for my ANHC in Bangalore. Any tips on size and brand? The car is dark grey.

Much thanks!
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 23:08   #32
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I too am looking for alloys for my ANHC. The ones that look stunningly good are the Lenso Samurai S050 and the Lenso Dash. They blend quite well. Lenso i believe is better than Plati, HR and League in terms of quality and the weight advantage it offers..Yet doing my homework before i shod my Black ANHC with alloys. Would love to see pics of ANHC with alloys if someone has them..
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 09:39   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
I too am looking for alloys for my ANHC. The ones that look stunningly good are the Lenso Samurai S050 and the Lenso Dash. They blend quite well. Lenso i believe is better than Plati, HR and League in terms of quality and the weight advantage it offers..Yet doing my homework before i shod my Black ANHC with alloys. Would love to see pics of ANHC with alloys if someone has them..
I could not find any reference to either Lenso Samurai S050 or Lenso Dash. Can you point to any links?
I have been going through some League designs but I am being told that many of them wont be available in Bangalore.
Which are the good alloy shops other then Hot Tracks?

Last edited by Guna : 9th February 2009 at 09:44.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 18:28   #34
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I could not find any reference to either Lenso Samurai S050 or Lenso Dash. Can you point to any links?
I have been going through some League designs but I am being told that many of them wont be available in Bangalore.
Which are the good alloy shops other then Hot Tracks?
Apologies. .I meant the SC05.Also, check out the SC01 and SC02 on google images. I can imagine they would go with the car well. The survey i did yielded the best prices with Prakash (Super Tyre Tech). I am not able to see the Lenso Dash on the net but i have seen those in Prakash's storage..GUna, are you planning on a tyre upgrade too? What deal are you getting for the Michelin XM1s 175/65/R15 already on the ANHC.
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 20:39   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
I am not able to see the Lenso Dash on the net but i have seen those in Prakash's storage..GUna, are you planning on a tyre upgrade too? What deal are you getting for the Michelin XM1s 175/65/R15 already on the ANHC.
I saw them (even Dash) on net and they look nice. Only issue I feel is, as the spikes buldge out, they tend to get damaged.
I am talking to some dealers and yet to get quotation. Ideally I would have prefered to exchange them soon after the delivery.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 21:45   #36
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

A very basic question...Is it advisable to switch from the 175 XM1s on the ANHC to 195/60 S Drives? The tyre dealer told me it is a downgrade.. He says that the drive quality and the durability and road noise gets compromised..Please advise..
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 10:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,163
Thanked: 3,759 Times
Default

As for the alloys what is the offset for the ANHC? What is the recommended range?
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 10:41   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
I too am looking for alloys for my ANHC. The ones that look stunningly good are the Lenso Samurai S050 and the Lenso Dash. They blend quite well. Lenso i believe is better than Plati, HR and League in terms of quality and the weight advantage it offers..Yet doing my homework before i shod my Black ANHC with alloys. Would love to see pics of ANHC with alloys if someone has them..
SMokin has Lenso Light S2. ( Unopened ) up for sale.
Team-BHP Classifieds - lenso light s2 and yokohama s-drive - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
A very basic question...Is it advisable to switch from the 175 XM1s on the ANHC to 195/60 S Drives? The tyre dealer told me it is a downgrade.. He says that the drive quality and the durability and road noise gets compromised..Please advise..
195/60R15 is a good upgrade.
However as far as i remember the S Drive doesnt come in 195/60R15.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 20:57   #39
BHPian
 
suneel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Heres a link to a site with lots of pics of ANHCs with alloys. I'm sure this would help you guys get an idea of what looks good and what doesnt on the car
suneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 21:22   #40
BHPian
 
suneel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Heres the link to a site with the modded ANHCs. This would help give an idea of what does and doesnt look good on the city for ANHC owners out there

Image Gallery & Thumbnailer From
suneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 01:24   #41
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
A very basic question...Is it advisable to switch from the 175 XM1s on the ANHC to 195/60 S Drives? The tyre dealer told me it is a downgrade.. He says that the drive quality and the durability and road noise gets compromised..Please advise..
!95/60R15 isnt available in S-drives.Even if they were,they would offer slihgtly better ride comfort than the 175/65R15 since there is more sidewall to absorb the bumps and cushion the ride.
The only tires available in 195/60R15 are michelin mxv8 and yokohama a-drive.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 19:02   #42
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
!95/60R15 isnt available in S-drives.Even if they were,they would offer slihgtly better ride comfort than the 175/65R15 since there is more sidewall to absorb the bumps and cushion the ride.
The only tires available in 195/60R15 are michelin mxv8 and yokohama a-drive.
Thanks Hellspawn. Whats recommended? MXV8 or the A-Drive?
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:00   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Suggetions for tyres

Hi folks
I have decided to upgrade to 195/60 R15 wheel for my ANHC.
I need advice on the tyre selction
My requirements in order of priority:
  1. Safety (one which is least prone to blow-outs, good traction on slippery surface etc. I will come across bad roads occassionally. I won't do very high speeds)
  2. Comfort (as against performance. But I will be happy if I can get both )
  3. Cost (should be within 4500/tyre)
  4. Road noise
  5. Durability
I was advised to go for Bridgestone Turanza by Honda person but the tyre dealer is asking me to take a look at BF Goodrich.

Last edited by Guna : 3rd March 2009 at 12:05.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 12:39   #44
BHPian
 
Vikster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Hi folks
I have decided to upgrade to 195/60 R15 wheel for my ANHC.
I was advised to go for Bridgestone Turanza by Honda person but the tyre dealer is asking me to take a look at BF Goodrich.
Hi Guna - so what is the deal with the warranty when it comes to getting alloys fitted from outside the Honda showroom?

Vikram
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 16:59   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

i have set of 15 inchers for sale will go on honda directly..
anyone interested please pm & can check classified for Stallion Wheels !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Screwdriva Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 336 15th December 2017 01:48
Honda Civic : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shuvd Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 616 11th September 2017 14:52
Honda Brio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread sunnyman_46 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 39 7th September 2017 13:06
Honda Accord : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread ab500 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 29 31st July 2017 11:13
Old Honda City Type 2 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread yuv Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 19th June 2015 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks