Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 00:27   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Seems a decent deal, 4.9k is their usual retail and the exchange offered is not bad either.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 13:20   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
vasoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

ANHC V model comes with alloy rims. Can the tyres alone be changed to Michelin Primacy LC 195/65/R15 ? Does these tyres fit well in the stock rims of ANHC or should one change the rims as well?
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 15:16   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

They will fit just fine. DOnt worry.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 15:51   #94
BHPian
 
hiren959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 339
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

@vasoo, IMO they wont fit in to the stock rims as the rim size is 5.5JX15 and 195/65/R15 need the rim size 6.5JX15, by the way the perfect upsize would be 195/60/R15 as per my view.
hiren959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 01:02   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
vasoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They will fit just fine. DOnt worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
@vasoo, IMO they wont fit in to the stock rims as the rim size is 5.5JX15 and 195/65/R15 need the rim size 6.5JX15, by the way the perfect upsize would be 195/60/R15 as per my view.
Thanks, but conflicting responses. I was just wondering if 195 can go in 5.5J wheels. In models abroad, City seems to come with 185 tires, not seen 195 ones on 15' wheels as OEM anywhere.

As per my knowledge, Civic comes with 6J wheels and I have seen here people putting 205 tires on the same rim.
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 00:28   #96
BHPian
 
TheBeastFieast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 306
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I have upgraded to to 195/60R15, what should be the ideal tyre pressure for front and back?
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 00:38   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

http://www.abletyres.com/wp-content/...l-brochure.pdf

For 195/60 R15 5.5j is good enough.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 15:43   #98
BHPian
 
hiren959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 339
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Thanks Nikhil for sharing that PDF file, now it is clear that 195/60/R15 will be fitted in same rim in ANHC that is 5.5J.
hiren959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:23   #99
BHPian
 
Ram_NP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 354
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

I am planning to buy a AHNC V in the month of April and would like to upgrade the tyres on stock alloys after delivery.

I would like to know the which size will offer more comfortable ride among the three MC XM+1 195/60, 185/60 or 180/65.

Further, will the 180/65 tyres improves the GC slightly ?
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:42   #100
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

Do remember you cant just quote number out of thin air. The Tyres should exist and be available in india. Only 195.60 is available out of those sizes you listed.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 16:31   #101
BHPian
 
Ram_NP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 354
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Do remember you cant just quote number out of thin air. The Tyres should exist and be available in india. Only 195.60 is available out of those sizes you listed.

Thanks for your clarification.

I took the sizes from the PDF catalouge attached in the post above.

On checking, realised that the catalouge of MC XM+1 was for Australian market. I did not notice that earlier.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:15   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,135
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Hi all,

I will be booking a ANHC EMT real soon and would be immediately going for a tyre+alloy upgrade. Checked around for Michelins and Bridgestone. Dealer quoted Rs5k for Michelin energies XM1+ (not sure if there's a '+' there) and Rs4750 for Bridgestone Potenza - both in size 195/60R15. I did not check for Michelin Primacy being talked about here in the forum. For the alloys, I liked some by Prestige designs they had quoted at Rs16.5k. I didn't see Lenso with him which again seems to be the choice in this forum.

Any advice for both tyres and alloys? pricing? Place of choice in Noida/Delhi/Gurgaon?
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:05   #103
BHPian
 
TheBeastFieast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 306
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Do I Need balancing / alignment or anything else

My ANHC VAT is moving automatically towards left side slightly when on plain surface.

I am Not sure is itpost upgrade to Primacy LC 196/60R15 as i upgraded to them immediately post delivery.

What should I do, should i visit the tyre dealer and check for wheel balancing / alignment OR HSS should be contacted?
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:22   #104
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

Check for alignment issues.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 23:24   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
I am planning to buy a AHNC V in the month of April and would like to upgrade the tyres on stock alloys after delivery.

I would like to know the which size will offer more comfortable ride among the three MC XM+1 195/60, 185/60 or 180/65.

Further, will the 180/65 tyres improves the GC slightly ?
Buddy, go by Nikhil's advice i.e. 195/60 R15. He knows the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Hi all,

I will be booking a ANHC EMT real soon and would be immediately going for a tyre+alloy upgrade. Checked around for Michelins and Bridgestone. Dealer quoted Rs5k for Michelin energies XM1+ (not sure if there's a '+' there) and Rs4750 for Bridgestone Potenza - both in size 195/60R15. I did not check for Michelin Primacy being talked about here in the forum. For the alloys, I liked some by Prestige designs they had quoted at Rs16.5k. I didn't see Lenso with him which again seems to be the choice in this forum.

Any advice for both tyres and alloys? pricing? Place of choice in Noida/Delhi/Gurgaon?
The price which I got for Michelin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 was Rs.4,800. Considering this, 5k for XM1(+ or not) is pure fleecing. It seems you got the quotes at Universal Tyre House as you mentioned Prestige.

Michelin Primacy is one of the best tyres for the ANHC. Primacy LC has a dedicated thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...macy-lc-9.html (Michelin Primacy LC)

Moreover, Yokohama Decibel V550 is another good option in 195/60 R15.

The quote for Prestige alloys is too high, you get Konigs in 15" for about 17k. Even HRS, which is far better than Prestige is cheaper. For alloys (Konig, HR(HRS), Plati, Veloche etc.) and tyres in Delhi, I recommend BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar-1 (New Delhi).

HR (HRS) importers are Delhi based. Before zeroing down on the alloys, do check with them. They've the biggest collection in Delhi but don't deal in tyres or take your old rims back. Check their website Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India ; www.saimagwheels.com

For Lenso, check Just Wheels, Karol Bagh (Opposite Bikanervala).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Check for alignment issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
My ANHC VAT is moving automatically towards left side slightly when on plain surface.

I am Not sure is itpost upgrade to Primacy LC 196/60R15 as i upgraded to them immediately post delivery.

What should I do, should i visit the tyre dealer and check for wheel balancing / alignment OR HSS should be contacted?
As Nikhil said, it's an Alignment issue and check with the tyre dealer. Since you're in Faridabad, Haryana Tyres(Neelam Chowk) and Michelin dealer next to Haryana Tyres have 3D Alignment Machines.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Screwdriva Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 333 25th November 2017 20:12
Honda Civic : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shuvd Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 616 11th September 2017 14:52
Honda Brio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread sunnyman_46 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 39 7th September 2017 13:06
Honda Accord : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread ab500 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 29 31st July 2017 11:13
Old Honda City Type 2 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread yuv Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 19th June 2015 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks