Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 24th November 2008, 17:18   #1
BHPian

Default Uneven wear of tyres on Santro

I own a Santro XO purchased in April 2007 odo displays a reading of 22000km. Few days back I went to a tyre shop for tyre rotation, balancing and alignment (regular checkup). The guy over there told me that my car has some suspension issue. The all 4 tyres are not wear properly and as per him it is because of shockers. I got it checked with the Hyundai service center, the mechanic over there said these shockers are working fine. Can any one please help me in rectifying this issue. I have already done the cross check with 2 - 3 tyre care centers. All of them have said the same thing.
coolbareilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
I own a Santro XO purchased in April 2007 odo displays a reading of 22000km. Few days back I went to a tyre shop for tyre rotation, balancing and alignment (regular checkup). The guy over there told me that my car has some suspension issue. The all 4 tyres are not wear properly and as per him it is because of shockers. I got it checked with the Hyundai service center, the mechanic over there said these shockers are working fine. Can any one please help me in rectifying this issue. I have already done the cross check with 2 - 3 tyre care centers. All of them have said the same thing.
What is the interval that you get the alignment and balancing done regularly ??
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
What is the interval that you get the alignment and balancing done regularly ??
I usually get it done on every service at service station. This time I thought to get it checked at tyre care shop.
Old 24th November 2008, 18:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Are you hearing a rolling noice when the car is being driven??
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:11   #5
BHPian

I never noticed this thing before, but after the recommendation from mechanic of Tyre care center, I started observing.

Yeah at high speeds 110kmph+ it can be heared clearly.
Old 24th November 2008, 18:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nitinralli - I have a Santro, and there is tyre noise, but no uneven wear and tear of the tyres, so dont understand whats the issue about tyre noise. At 110kmph, which car tyre runs silent?

Coolbareilly - Are you checking your tyre pressure regularly? And rotating the wheels regularly? IF you've already got the shock absorbers checked, then all I can think of is wheel alignment and balancing apart from tyre pressure. Please check all these and let us know if it works.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 10:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Many times service centres dont do proper alignment when you give it for service. It is better if you get it done outside on your own.

When the technician says there is a problem wit the suspension, ask him what exactly it is. Ask him to specify and post back here.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 10:22   #8
BHPian

Is there any side pulling in your vehicle?
I had a left side pulling in my Swift and a little tyre wear. I got my side pulling fixed and everything is fine now.
Swifty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 10:29   #9
BHPian

I suggest that you get it checked with good wheel alignment folks. When I changed tyres on my Matiz, the dealer said that there is a major issue with suspension. However, I took it to a proper wheel alignment fella and they said there is no problem with suspension, and they fixed the alignment and balanced the wheels. I could see the difference between tyre shop and the professional shop.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 11:44   #10
BHPian

Friends, I have already cross checked with 3 - 4 tyre care shops in Noida and Delhi. All of them suggested not to go for allignment as all money will be wasted. They want me to check the shock absorbers.

Also my car has no feeling of pull either to left or right, so I assume there is no issue with allignment and steering doesnt wobble at high speeds so there shouldnt be any issues with balancing as well.

Now the point is, how can I force authorized service center to check the shockers and suspension thoroughly. Also will these things be covered in warranty ?
Old 25th November 2008, 12:37   #11
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Friends, I have already cross checked with 3 - 4 tyre care shops in Noida and Delhi. All of them suggested not to go for allignment as all money will be wasted. They want me to check the shock absorbers.

Also my car has no feeling of pull either to left or right, so I assume there is no issue with allignment and steering doesnt wobble at high speeds so there shouldnt be any issues with balancing as well.

Now the point is, how can I force authorized service center to check the shockers and suspension thoroughly. Also will these things be covered in warranty ?
Hi there,

I have a Santro Xing (Feb 2005) that has clocked 49,000 kms to date and have never faced any tyre issues be it uneven wear or even punctures. I still have plenty of tread left on the OEM Bridgestone S 322 tyres that should last me another 3,000 kms easily.

The point I'd like to ask you is, what brand of tyres do the new vehicles come with?

Its quite likely that uneven wear at such an early stage could well be due to faulty shock absorbers and your Hyundai service centre doesn't want to change them probably because the car is still under warranty?

Try going to another A.S.S and ask them to take a look.

Cheers,

gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 13:10   #12
BHPian

Hi Coolbareily: I would suggest to get this checked again in a difft ***, they might not co-operate with you, but let them know where the difference is pin-point and show it to the service delivery manager, that should help and go to any renowned *** from Hyundai near you.
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 14:45   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

How about going to ANOTHER dealer?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 15:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

PM iraghava, tke his contacts and just go to HMP
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 16:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Lalvaz;1066048]Nitinralli - I have a Santro, and there is tyre noise, but no uneven wear and tear of the tyres, so dont understand whats the issue about tyre noise. At 110kmph, which car tyre runs silent?

If you read carefully i wrote "Are you hearing a rolling noice when the car is being driven??". Now where do you see that i have mentioned about any speed here. I have just asked if you hear any rolling noise, i never mentioned about any speed. So please read before commenting on anything.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote