Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th December 2008, 14:16   #1
Red face Best Tyres and Alloys for a Santro

Hi all,

Its time for me to get new tyres for my Santro Xing and so far it has all been totally stock.

I am looking to get alloys and tubeless tyres when I change this week.

I know nothing about tyres or alloys and wanted some advice on which are the best brands and appropriate sizes for a Santro. And also which are the best combinations.

Above all, it has to be affordable and not look too oversized. I am looking for an elegant look on my car.

Mods - I tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find one. If there is one, I apologize for starting a new thread on the same topic.
I would appreciate any advice.

manasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:24   #2

Bridgestone Potenza g iii's (175/65/R13)clubbed with alloys of 13" plati waves is what i have on my santro xing automatic...

Visit the thread "Hyderabad nov 2008 meet" in the Tbhp meet section to see the pictures of my ride...Should give u an idea as to how they look...

the total cost for a set of 5 (alloys + tyres) was 19.5 k( with exchange of the stock rim and tyres)...

you should get good deals with that kind of budget...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 16:18   #3

Hi Manasm
Well if budget is not a constraint you could go in for Michelin tyres or yokohama.
Have used both of them & I am very happy with their performance.
For upgrades for tyres
165/65-13 175/60-13 185/60-13
Do not go for 14 inches as that will only make the ride very uncomfortable WRT suspension.
You could also PM kpzen aka Prajesh ( Our very own tyre GURU) for further details.

cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 16:49   #4

@ manasm:

Please check this exclusive thread for santro, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...es-santro.html (Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro)

Please use search function (in correct section if possible) before creating new thread.

Mods: Merge with existing thread & delete this post of mine.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote