Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 28th December 2008, 16:56   #1
BHPian

Default 6 month old NHC tyre developed a bubble!

Hi Friends,
I bought the NHC Zxi in July 2008 and my front right tyre developed a bubble/bulge. The car just clocked 5k kms.
I had been to Prime Honda, New Delhi regarding this and they asked me to call the Bridgestone representative of Delhi for this. He will inspect it and if found it a manufacturing defect, will replace it. I called up the representative but he was out of town at that time and asked to come in the next week for this.
I would like to ask the fellow members, is this a manufacturing defect or share your experiences about it, if any.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:24   #2
BHPian

Hi all
Got the defective tyre replaced today. Paid 900/- as the depriciation charges.
Initially the sales person asked me to pay 2k and claimed it as the damage. I yelled at him asked him if it's a damage i will claim it through the insurance.
finally after lot of arguments, agreed to replace the tyre with 900/- towards the depriciation.
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:00   #3
BANNED

Looks like a bad one from Bridgestone. Glad that it ended well !
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:00   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Good for you! Congrats! When they removed the tyre, did they say of there was any damage on the inside of the tyre? It is very rare for someone to get their tyres replaced by Bridgestone. You are lucky!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:12   #5
BHPian

No i didn't bother what the guy has to say whether it's damage internally or externally. I just wanted the tyre to be replaced since within 5k km running and that too on smooth highway roads it got the defect which INMO was a manufacturing defect.
I already waited for too long for this hearing their crap stories that the Bridgestone dealer will come once a month, he will visit on that date only, blah blah. I purchased the car from Honda not from Bridgestone, it's Honda responsibilty to provide after sales service for OEM or atleast make a feasible arrangement for customers.
I don't have any Honda dealership in my city. It's located 120 kms. from here! It's scary for me to explore that there were no HONDA service centres in South/Central/North/ Old Delhi, majorly located at West Delhi/Gurgaon or Ghaziabad.
Old 7th March 2009, 18:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

The fact that you got a replacement from B'stone should make you feel lucky. Tyre manufacturers are all the same everywhere.

Ring Road Honda sales office is in Connaught Place which is central Delhi, but true that their service centres are nowhere near the areas that you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
No i didn't bother what the guy has to say whether it's damage internally or externally. I just wanted the tyre to be replaced since within 5k km running and that too on smooth highway roads it got the defect which INMO was a manufacturing defect.
I already waited for too long for this hearing their crap stories that the Bridgestone dealer will come once a month, he will visit on that date only, blah blah. I purchased the car from Honda not from Bridgestone, it's Honda responsibilty to provide after sales service for OEM or atleast make a feasible arrangement for customers.
I don't have any Honda dealership in my city. It's located 120 kms. from here! It's scary for me to explore that there were no HONDA service centres in South/Central/North/ Old Delhi, majorly located at West Delhi/Gurgaon or Ghaziabad.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote