Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 1st November 2016, 19:42   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Eagerly waiting for your review as my car is also due for a change from the OEM NCTs of the same size
Do consider Michelin P3ST as well, have the same on my Linea, love the silent & comfy ride!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 21:41   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Eagerly waiting for your review as my car is also due for a change from the OEM NCTs of the same size

Sorry man, had to take the train back and leave the car at home but did manage close to 300 kms. The tyres have changed the entire feel of the car. It's like driving a different vehicle almost, hardly any road noise which used to make me turn up the volume of the USB player earlier , soaks up the small bumps way better than the stock nct5 and the steering feels softer . Super happy with my choice.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 19:53   #228
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Sad to say,
opted for the MRF ZLO tires despite the issue of humming noise reported by BHPians, I am facing the same issue.

Between MRF & Conti I decided to go for the MRF owing to good relations with MRF (store owner) and expecting ease of service ( incase of stock Goodyear tires I needed to travel 40kms to get the tires checked for some issue)

Anyhow, continuing with the humming noise 40~60kms/ hr speed , I went to MRF T&F store (place of purchase) who test drove and acknowledged the humming noise.
The mechanic said " Sir this is not an issue with the tires rather its the axle / car related noise"
Without saying much I approached Kashyap Fiat in Noida and had the vehicle thoroughly checked.....and like I had expected .. the issue turns out to be of "THE TIRES"

I went back to MRF and reported the same. Thankfully this time the MRF T&F owner (known him for 15 odd years) said that he spoke to MRF and they have acknowledged the issue in these tires (quoted a similar instance in Corolla)

So coming Friday (28th Oct) the tech guy from MRF will be rotating the tires by 180 degree or inverting them inside out to test them again.
Basis that they will decide further .

I hope they give me my money back.... I'll jump to Conti and if need be travel whatever kilometer it takes incase of any issue.

Will keep you guys posted ...
In continuation to my above post.....
As always this one turned out to be a happy ending.
Thanks to Anurag & Nikhil who I pestered with my queries.

Apparently MRF guys agreed to give me a refund or replacement for my ZLO TIRES.
I opted for refund.
As soon I was given the option I did not wait and went ahead to buy Conti MC5
Each @₹4400 (all incl.)
Returned the MRF at the dealer and got a message from MRF the following day about a small deduction of ₹550 towards wear
& tear ( apparently I'd done 5k kms on them)

As for the Conti, they're really good. P3ST would cost around ₹5800 per tire. But considering the huge amount I'd have to pay I opted for MC5.
The humming noise definitely vanished

My Linea feels more fun to drive sans the humming
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote