Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 11:46   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Alloy wheels for Fiesta ZXi TDCi

Hi all,

I am planning to purchase new alloy wheels for my year old Fiesta ZXi TDCi. It is clocked around 18K. Please suggest me some good alloy wheels and if possible with price.

Thanks...
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to purchase new alloy wheels for my year old Fiesta ZXi TDCi. It is clocked around 18K. Please suggest me some good alloy wheels and if possible with price.

Thanks...
What is the budget that you are looking at ?

I assume you are planning to go for 15". Set of 5 in HR/Plati/League should cost you 20-21k.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 13:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

You can look at Aura also. They have quite a few nice designs even in 14".
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:08   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

195/55/R15 is the best size. Its the stock size for the Fiesta S
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:17   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
What is the budget that you are looking at ?

I assume you are planning to go for 15". Set of 5 in HR/Plati/League should cost you 20-21k.
My Budget is around 20K. I am planning to go for 14" as the standard size of Fiesta TDCi. (Fiesta S has 15").
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:19   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
195/55/R15 is the best size. Its the stock size for the Fiesta S
Is it not the default of Fiesta S ? Mine is Fiesta 1.4 TDCi which has 14". I am thinking of going for XM+..
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:22   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You can look at Aura also. They have quite a few nice designs even in 14".
Yes, I have seen some good designs at their site. I am exploring other options as well (like imported..)
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:22   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Is it not the default of Fiesta S ? Mine is Fiesta 1.4 TDCi which has 14". I am thinking of going for XM+..
Unlike EXi/ZXi, the Fiesta S comes with stock 15" alloys. 195/55 profile.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:11   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Unlike EXi/ZXi, the Fiesta S comes with stock 15" alloys. 195/55 profile.
Yes, you are correct. But, i am looking for 14" alloy wheels.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:29   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Yes, you are correct. But, i am looking for 14" alloy wheels.
14" alloys are a lot cheaper than 15" ones. Plati set of 4 14" costs around 12k. Say 15k for a set of 5.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:33   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
14" alloys are a lot cheaper than 15" ones. Plati set of 4 14" costs around 12k. Say 15k for a set of 5.
How is the quality of Plati? I read some horror stories about imported alloys...
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 12:08   #12
BHPian
 
pshyamsundar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am planning to by fiesta zxi diesel. I asked the dealer what is the cost of the new alloys which comes in Fiesta S (195/55/R15).

Here is what he told me. The new alloys which are fitted in Fiesta S(195/55/R15) cannot be fitted on the diesel fiesta becuase there is a change in suspension.

Is that true? Is there a change in the suspension of Fiesta S?
Can I fit 15" on fiesta Zxi. Please let me know?
pshyamsundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 12:29   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

@ fundatomax check my PM!!

15 inch alloys can easily be fitted on fiesta !!!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 12:32   #14
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
I am planning to by fiesta zxi diesel. I asked the dealer what is the cost of the new alloys which comes in Fiesta S (195/55/R15).

Here is what he told me. The new alloys which are fitted in Fiesta S(195/55/R15) cannot be fitted on the diesel fiesta becuase there is a change in suspension.

Is that true? Is there a change in the suspension of Fiesta S?
Can I fit 15" on fiesta Zxi. Please let me know?
The suspensions on Fiesta S give her a stiffer ride to make the drive more dynamic. It should have nothing to do with the size of the rim. You should be able to fit a 15" on Fiesta ZXi with no trouble.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 12:39   #15
BHPian
 
BAKIYA_2K12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 190
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

It's not true i currently use 15 inch in my fiesta
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Alloy Wheels and Tyre Upgrades for my Ford Fusion TDCi NIP Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 65 27th May 2010 17:04
1.4 Fiesta EXI TDCi or Swift VDi EDIT - Booked Fiesta ZXi iamkapilb What Car? 28 6th March 2010 08:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Fiesta ZXi TDCi or Fusion TDCi ?? ajkail Sedans 20 28th August 2007 07:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks