Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 19:30   #91
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

sir i am looking for 15inches.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 19:39   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
guys was about to get A drives installed this week,but i came across this thread and now all kinds of questions are coming into my mind.should i go in for the s drives 205/55,i have a swift vxi.i dont have that 150+stints regularly,but yes once in a while i do love them,please suggest fast,upgrading in a day or two.
damn,why dont s drives come in 195/60.
Why don't you try the Primacy LC ?

Or the BFGoodrich sport. Its available in 195/60/R15
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 20:12   #93
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

primacy LC,sir i have never heard of them.and as far as B.F Goodrich i know about ge force but not about sport.which ones are better,ge force or sport?and do they last 40-50k kms.?

Last edited by mustang89 : 9th April 2009 at 20:31.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 21:23   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
primacy LC,sir i have never heard of them.and as far as B.F Goodrich i know about ge force but not about sport.which ones are better,ge force or sport?and do they last 40-50k kms.?
Its Michelin primacy LC, new tire launched by Michelin which shall replace the MXV8.

Last edited by kpzen : 9th April 2009 at 21:27.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 02:37   #95
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,803 Times
Default

BFG G Force Sport is quite noisy. You will be better off with the S drives.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 09:26   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default 1000km updates

Have run above 1K km on the new Yoko A drives. And my experience has been.

Road Noise: Excellently low road noise.

Comfort: Average. I maintain 29psi. But they cant match the comfort of the earlier Pirellis.

F.E: Have not seen any increase as claimed to be a F.E improvement tyre (like XM1). ON the contrary got less F.E on long drive but not sure if its got to do with the tyre.

High Speed handling/Braking: High speed (Around 100km/hr) handling is not that great. You hear the tyre screech while taking even small curves at speeds above 70. This i never heard with my older tyre. Braking too from higher speeds is not confidence giving as the tyre locks up much easily than earlier.

Verdict: Though it seems value for money i think i personally would have prefered the XM1s which i did not go or since they were unidirectional. I think i should try for a lower psi (around 28) but not sure how bad that would affect F.E
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:58   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 519 Times
Default 1 month, 1200 Kms updates

Upsized to Yoko 165/65R13 from Goodyear GPS2 155/70R13 a month back on stock 13x4J steel rims for Santro Xing.

Road Noise: low road noise compared to Goodyear GPS2

Handling/Braking: Cornering at high speed is confidence inspiring, can comfortably take corners at 90/100 kmph. Haven't heard any tyre screeches that Gemi has mentioned earlier. Haven't faced any braking issues either, braking performance is as good as for any new tyre.

Have driven these on even on non-existent roads(potholes) & under development(lots of stones) roads on outskirts of pune city, no scratches/cuts on sidewall (I was driving below 20 kmph on these roads).

Experience has been very good so far.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:46   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,653
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Thumbs up Good choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Upsized to Yoko 165/65R13 from Goodyear GPS2 155/70R13 a month back on stock 13x4J steel rims for Santro Xing.

Road Noise: low road noise compared to Goodyear GPS2

Handling/Braking: Cornering at high speed is confidence inspiring, can comfortably take corners at 90/100 kmph. Haven't heard any tyre screeches that Gemi has mentioned earlier. Haven't faced any braking issues either, braking performance is as good as for any new tyre.

Have driven these on even on non-existent roads(potholes) & under development(lots of stones) roads on outskirts of pune city, no scratches/cuts on sidewall (I was driving below 20 kmph on these roads).

Experience has been very good so far.
Sukiwa, I use the same size (165/65 R13) A-drives on my Indica since November 08. Experience has been very good. The tyre is silent, grippy and good on broken-road conditions as well.Its much better than the OEM GPS2s which the car came shod with. A good buy.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 09:37   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 519 Times
Default 4 month, 5000 Km review

Rotated all 5 tyres after completing 5000 Kms. Tyre wear has been uniform (inner, outer and center of tyre has same tread depth) with front tyres wearing more than rear tyre. Check tread depth(in mm) below.

Front Right 7.3
Front Left 7.3
Rear Right 7.4
Rear Left 7.4

New tyre depth was 7.5 mm.
Wheel alignment was also carried out, will carry out wheel balancing at 10,000 Kms.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:52   #100
BHPian
 
Bubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 497
Thanked: 152 Times
Default 07 months, 17000kms

I have completed 17000kms with my A-Drives on my Palio SDX.

The experience has been fantastic, havent suffered a single puncture in the tenure even after endlessly traveling on one of the worst roads ( NH24 ) in India.

High speed stability and braking has improved drastically.

Even after doing 17000kms the tyre looks brand new, went for balancing and allignment and I asked the tyre shop owner ( he knows his tyres really well ) to guess how much kms I would have done on these tyres and he said around 8000kms
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 18:34   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

Needed some information on the Yokohama A Drives cost in bangalore for the below tyre sizes.

195/60 R 15 and 205/55 R 15 --

Also please let me know the Yokohama S drives cost for the same tyre sizes...
praveen4554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:27   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
I have completed 17000kms with my A-Drives on my Palio SDX.

The experience has been fantastic, havent suffered a single puncture in the tenure even after endlessly traveling on one of the worst roads ( NH24 ) in India.

High speed stability and braking has improved drastically.

Even after doing 17000kms the tyre looks brand new, went for balancing and allignment and I asked the tyre shop owner ( he knows his tyres really well ) to guess how much kms I would have done on these tyres and he said around 8000kms
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Rotated all 5 tyres after completing 5000 Kms. Tyre wear has been uniform (inner, outer and center of tyre has same tread depth) with front tyres wearing more than rear tyre. Check tread depth(in mm) below.

Front Right 7.3
Front Left 7.3
Rear Right 7.4
Rear Left 7.4

New tyre depth was 7.5 mm.
Wheel alignment was also carried out, will carry out wheel balancing at 10,000 Kms.
I've done 4100 km on my A drives and will be putting up a pictoral review and comparision with brand new JK Tornado. Wanted to ask sukiwa how did you measure thread depth? Bubly you will be having these tyres for a loooong time.
Havn't heard any screeches even with some spirited driving on NH4 in speeds of 110 - 120 kmph. Overall satisfied with the tyres. Must mention grip in the wet as very good. Comfort wise Michis are better.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 15:58   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4554 View Post
Needed some information on the Yokohama A Drives cost in bangalore for the below tyre sizes.

195/60 R 15 and 205/55 R 15 --

Also please let me know the Yokohama S drives cost for the same tyre sizes...
Rough estimates..
195/60/R15 A-Drives - 3800-3900 per tyre.
205/55/R15 S-Drives - 4800 per tyre.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 18:57   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks Fountainheader for the estimates,

followed up on my swift delievery - expected in another 2 weeks - so full fledged research on the tyres and alloys .

I think i may go for Yokohama S drives only - 205/55 R 15

Any other brands u would recommend me - Appolo Accelere / Bridgestone ? and estimated prices if you knowfor these sizes,
praveen4554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 22:13   #105
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,803 Times
Default

Stay away from BS. You can go in for the S drives or Apollo Acceleres. Easier on your wallet! Michelin is quite a bit more expensive! You get the PP2 in that size. Close to 6k per tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Siena with 195/55R15 Yokohama S-drive's hellspawn Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 12 9th December 2007 10:57
need help bridgestone potenza g3 or yokohama s-drive Flyin very low Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 25 19th November 2007 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks