Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 3rd March 2009, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a major impact this one. I have hit objects too but never had damage of this sort. guess it was a sharp edged stone or something

my personal experience with xm1+ is that they have been pretty hardy
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Never have experienced XM1s. But good that you were not in high speeds and nothing happened to you
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:47   #18
BHPian

Looking at the damage to the alloy wheel I'm surprised why you came up with the thread title. If that stone could scrape metal,the XM1's were a piece of cake literally On second thoughts I wonder why you didn't ask 'are league alloys too delicate' !! Just pulling your leg bro,Don't go in for any kind of sidewall repair,it's neither safe nor advisable. Any kind of 'filler' you put into it will eventually come off due to the force generated everytime the tyre 'flexes' when it completes a rotation.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 11:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Looking at the damage to the alloy wheel I'm surprised why you came up with the thread title. If that stone could scrape metal,the XM1's were a piece of cake literally On second thoughts I wonder why you didn't ask 'are league alloys too delicate' !! Just pulling your leg bro,Don't go in for any kind of sidewall repair,it's neither safe nor advisable. Any kind of 'filler' you put into it will eventually come off due to the force generated everytime the tyre 'flexes' when it completes a rotation.
I agree with you , but if you were to actually see the alloy wheel, the damage is not that much to be frank, it might appear so in the pic.

I have got the tyre changed adn will keep the damaged one in case of an emergency only.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's quite a significant amount of damage, especially looking at the bad impact even the wheel has had. Replacement of the tyre is the only option I would advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I generally dont take any risks with Tires and Brakes. I would suggest moving it as a stepney or replacing it altogether. I do understand that it would cost a bit as it was relatively new but with tires, always play safe.
Thanks for your advise. I have replaced this with the spare wheel and will use this only in case of an emergencey when I might have to change a wheel. Will also see if I can use an adhesive to stick the rubber that has come out.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote