Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 4th March 2009, 10:51   #46
Team-BHP Support

This thread is very funny if you ignore the fact that Michelin is one of the largest companies in the world.

Dushmish you should be glad they did not reply with "Bache ki jaan lega kya."

OT: Check Indiaplaza.in for deals on Binacs and comparative prices.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 10:53   #47
BHPian

We are like that only !! Alas, like nikhil rightly said there's not much the company is going to do to reprimand the dealer, nor is it going to fire the guy who spoke to you in an inappropriate manner. At the most Tarini will get a rap on his knuckles and the dealer will be told laughingly "Arrey saab,kya panga kar diya,woh customer sab jagah mail kar raha hai"
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 12:08   #48
BHPian

Default Horror continues at Michelin

Another call from Michelin and the horrid experience continues. Have put the gist of the call on mail and reported it to Michelin. I reqlly don't know if this is helping.

Dear Ma'am,

I regret writing to you yet again. This mail comes to inform you about a recent call that I got from Rahul, Manager Corporate Communication, Michelin India. What he said has been put below:

1. He asked me if I want to buy Michelin tyres for my car. - my response was, I shall decide that post the resolution of my grievance.

2. He offered me to choose a dealer of my choice in Mumbai and he will arrange the said tyres at the dealer's shop. - My response is, I didn't know for buying 5 tyres for one of the fastest selling cars in India (refer to car industry statistics), the corporate communication manager of Michelin will be doing a favour to me.

3. He offered me that the tyre dealer will offer a free wheel alignment and balancing which will be billed to Michelin. - My response is, most dealers offer that free if you buy 5 tyres from them.

4. He had not read all my mail written to Michelin India. He was just referring to the first mail which gave the details of the initial problem. - My response is, I requested him to read all my communication.

5. He laughed, yes! he laughed on listening how Tarini talked to me. - My response, I have no comments to make on this as I have already undergone enough pain and agony interacting with Michelin.

He did not have any resolutions for my complains. I have requested him to let the competent authority talk to me to help me out. The conversation was not heading anywhere. I had to request him 6 times to discontinue the call. He continued talking and it was not helping me at all.

It continues to get worse at Michelin.

Warm regards,
Dushyant Mishra
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 12:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Dushyant, I think you are wasting your time on this Michelin thing, we know Mr.Tarini spoke to you rudely and you have rightfully reported the same to Michelin.
Michelin has replied they'll take a corrective action against Tarini.
I guess we can't go further!

If you are still unhappy with Michelin's response, I suggest you should forget Michelin & buy some other brand.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 12:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This is bad.. I think Michelin as a company is being given a bad name by the Indian branch here.

I have worked closely with Michelin on an implementation and the folks in Europe were thoroughly professional. All hell will break loose if this reaches any of the higher ups. Problem is the folks back here wont let it.

How can we as a community help in this?

I appreciate Dushyant's patience.

PS: To the folks asking Dushyant to buy another brand, you guys are just not getting the point. So please if you dont really have any other suggestion it would be better you dont make any.

Last edited by Spitfire : 4th March 2009 at 12:22.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 12:25   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Off topic but typical:
Try using their site in Firefox. Nothing works. Have to switch to IE. They must be committed Microsoft addicts.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 13:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default Give the devil its due!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Another call from Michelin and the horrid experience continues. Have put the gist of the call on mail and reported it to Michelin. I reqlly don't know if this is helping.

Dear Ma'am,

I regret writing to you yet again. This mail comes to inform you about a recent call that I got from Rahul, Manager Corporate Communication, Michelin India. What he said has been put below:

1. He asked me if I want to buy Michelin tyres for my car. - my response was, I shall decide that post the resolution of my grievance.

2. He offered me to choose a dealer of my choice in Mumbai and he will arrange the said tyres at the dealer's shop. - My response is, I didn't know for buying 5 tyres for one of the fastest selling cars in India (refer to car industry statistics), the corporate communication manager of Michelin will be doing a favour to me.

3. He offered me that the tyre dealer will offer a free wheel alignment and balancing which will be billed to Michelin. - My response is, most dealers offer that free if you buy 5 tyres from them.

4. He had not read all my mail written to Michelin India. He was just referring to the first mail which gave the details of the initial problem. - My response is, I requested him to read all my communication.

5. He laughed, yes! he laughed on listening how Tarini talked to me. - My response, I have no comments to make on this as I have already undergone enough pain and agony interacting with Michelin.

He did not have any resolutions for my complains. I have requested him to let the competent authority talk to me to help me out. The conversation was not heading anywhere. I had to request him 6 times to discontinue the call. He continued talking and it was not helping me at all.

It continues to get worse at Michelin.

Warm regards,
Dushyant Mishra
Hey Dushyant,

They are trying to make amends. Give them a break man. I kinda expected a stony silence from them after reading your earlier posts.

I am plesantly surprised to see that they are trying to correct their mistakes. Give them a chance - some great relationships start this way.

O a different tack, if they have a record of these calls and correspondence showing them trying to make amends, you cannot win any case against them.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 13:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hey Dushyant,

They are trying to make amends. Give them a break man. I kinda expected a stony silence from them after reading your earlier posts.

I am plesantly surprised to see that they are trying to correct their mistakes. Give them a chance - some great relationships start this way.

O a different tack, if they have a record of these calls and correspondence showing them trying to make amends, you cannot win any case against them.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra, I am not pursuing this to win any case against them. I have been on the receiving end and trust me it was not a good feeling to be hearing what people at Michelin had to tell me. If you refer to my posts, you will realise that I have been spending time and energy pursuing this because I want things at Michelin to improve. This is not my last car nor my last set of tyres.

I grew up reading about Michelin. You cannot imagine how excited I was when I drove down to get the tyres for my car. Like a child I was telling the dealer to show me the new tyres. My entire weekend was planned around getting new set of tyres. I would have bought those binocs and taken my kids for a long drive.

You talk of relationship? I ask you and Michelin what have they done to the faith I had placed in the esteemed organisation that they are?

Nothing personal bro! Just making a point.

In the meanwhile there is another mail that has come from Michelin, this time from the cocrporate communication Manager.

My response and his mail are pasted below:

Dear Mr Chodha,
Thanks for your mail and the proposal therein. To quote your mail " As mentioned on the phone, we have taken note of your feedback on your not so positive experience in this regard. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and truly value these comments from you." Mr Chodha, I distinctly remember telling you over phone that I shall be giving my feedback to someone who can influence things at Michelin India. I did not give any feedback to you. I am not sure what has been construed as my feedback to Michelin.

I shall wait for someone responsible to contact me on this issue.

Warm regards,
Dushyant Mishra

PS. I would also like to report that someone from your administration team had talked to me and told me that the Head of Sales Michelin India shall be calling me today. He was to get back to me in sometime which he never did. I realise there are too many people trying to talk to customers at Michelin and this creates a lot of confusion. I have tried to follow the chain of command and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

rahul.chodha@in.michelin.com
04/03/09 01:02 PM
To
Dushyant.Mishra@Bharti-axalife.com
cc
Subject
Michelin Tyres for your car

Dear Mr. Mishra,
I am writing in reference to our conversation of today morning on the subject of your experience of buying MICHELIN tyres for your car. As mentioned on the phone, we have taken note of your feedback on your not so positive experience in this regard. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and truly value these comments from you.
We would be very happy to have you as our customer and if you agree i propose the following procedure

1. You select the most convenient dealer from where you will like to make the purchase. We can recommend a dealer if you wish us to do so.

2. We will confirm you the availability of the tyres.

3. After that you can mention the most convenient date and time for you to go that dealership for fitment of these tyres, to ensure that your time is not wasted.

4. Looking at the atypical experience you have had, we would be happy to ensure that the balancing of all the tyres and the Alignment of the vehicle will not be invoiced to you.

After our conversation of today morning, I have had a discussion on this subject with our head of Sales and our CEO in India and they concur on the above mentioned course of action.

Will look forward to your response in this regard.

Regards
Rahul Chodha
Michelin India Tyres Private Limited,
410-404, 4th Floor,
Copia Corporate Suites,
Jasola District Centre,
New Delhi 110076
Phone : +91 11 4065 7500
+91 11 4065 7510 (Dir.)
Michelin India - Home
__________________________________________________ _

Cheers
Dushyant

Last edited by dushmish : 4th March 2009 at 13:41. Reason: Appended the mail
Old 4th March 2009, 14:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish
After our conversation of today morning, I have had a discussion on this subject with our head of Sales and our CEO in India and they concur on the above mentioned course of action.
Yeah,right!
What a fake guy!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 14:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Its for situations like these, we have the smiley.

I say its not your battle, and they who ought to be concerned are not interested in fighting it. Leave it , and switch to someone who does give a damn
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Reading the last post Dushyant i get a feeling they are trying to make amends for the mistake and i think thats good enough. So many reputed companies dont even acknowledge the complaint and here many people from Michelin are trying to resolve this. Isn't that enough?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:59   #57
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
I am not pursuing this to win any case against them. I have been spending time and energy pursuing this because I want things at Michelin to improve. You cannot imagine how excited I was when I drove down to get the tyres for my car. Like a child I was telling the dealer to show me the new tyres. My entire weekend was planned around getting new set of tyres.You talk of relationship? I ask you and Michelin what have they done to the faith I had placed in the esteemed organisation that they are ? Nothing personal bro !
Dushyant I think now you are taking things personally. Your weekend was ruined no doubt,but you can't turn back the clock. I get a feeling you're more annoyed that Mr.Tarini spoke to you rudely and got away with it,add to it, his colleagues trying to brush things under the carpet. In corporates more often than not it's like you save my a.s.s and I'll save your's. You seriously think writing to the CEO will make him take Mr. T to task ?? He'll forward your mail to his subordinate for 'necessary action' and get on with his work and it'll be the same story again of diff people making calls and mailing you. Life is short man,you've spent 3 days of this week sending out mails and getting even angrier. While Michelin continues to sell tyres the same way, the dealer continues to run his shop the same way and Mr.T predictably speaking to people the same way !! The weekend is around the corner,go find a shop of your liking,get your car the shoes of your choice and take your kids for that drive,they'll love you and you'll love yourself for it. As for Michelin, if they continue to function the same way it's thier loss (not unless you're a shareholder that is !!) same goes for the dealer. It's not like you took things lying down,you made the right noises,now if they do not wish to set thier house in order,it's thier problem not your's.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 16:24   #58
Senior - BHPian

Well said wasavatyres. dushmish, even I feel that you have worked yourself into this. I understand you wanted to make it count (Which most of us do not do), but at some point you have to let it go. Forget that bad experience & if you don't want to buy Michelin because of this, go ahead & get something else. Do not waste your & your family's time on getting annoyed.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 16:58   #59
BHPian

Dushyant, I have been following this thread and I think that Michelin has shown that it is ready to make amends and retain you as a customer - which, IMO, is a lot more than most companies in India would care to do. I am not sure how far you want to take the battle and while I admire your perseverance and patience in this matter, I cannot help but feel that you are entering into the zone of diminishing returns. I suggest that you take their offer and get closure on this issue.

As for Mr. Tarini, I don't think you will get the 'revenge' you are seeking. And it is not healthy to hold a grudge. Forgive and forget.

Cheers
Teja
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 18:16   #60
BHPian

Thanks Wasava Tyres, Esteem_lover and Teja for your comments. You are right, after a point one should let it go. It is not about getting personal. It is about getting up and speaking. I know emotions run high in such situations. TBHPians helped me keep my views rational. The fact that I was writing down every interaction, it made it easier for me to do so.

This afternoon I got a call from the CEO Michelin India, Mr Jean Paul Caylar. He had gone through the communication. He wanted to hear it out once again from me (maybe he thought it will help me get over it). The gist of conversation is as below:

1. He cleared the thing about tyres being old. If we are to believe him, it is ok to buy Michelin tyres that are up to 3 years old.
2. He took note of the improper behaviour issue of Michelin employees.
3. He took note of the unacceptable communication by Michelin employees.
4. He made me the same offer made by Mr Chodha (Corp Communication Manager)

I made a proposal to change all 5 tyres free of cost which they declined. I went back to my initial proposal of Rs 5000 (not to be paid to me but to be given to a charity) and booked as training cost. Mr Caylar expressed his inability to do so. I then accepted his proposal. They are now to get back to me with a dealer's address near my place who will have 5 new tyres ready for replacement. They will also be sending me the copy of bill of balancing and alignment along with a letter acknowledging the lapse on Michelin's part.

My objective of getting heard has been met with. From what I know of corporates, things should improve at Michelin. With this I put this experience behind me and as someone said, forgive and forget.

Cheers
Dushmish

PS. for those who are wondering why am I sticking to Michelin XM1+, friends, I continue to believe it is a great product for my requirements. And that is the reason why I went to this lenght to be heard at Michelin.