Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 16:43   #1
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Wheel Alignment Data for i10

Team - would appreciate if anyone has the wheel alignment data for the i10. I have league 13" alloys and michelin 175s on the car.

Am not sure if it it's in my mind but i feel there is some issue with the wheel alignment and want to get it rectified. I had recently got my second service done and had also got the wheel alignment done at advaith service centre, but somehow not happy with the outcome.

Appreciate your help in this.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:48   #2
BHPian
 
jango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York & kotayam
Posts: 798
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

@ NFS did Advaith Hyundai get the wheel alignment done for your car, running on Alloys during the free service ??. I got my i10 serviced at Trident Hyundai, Jakkasandra but they refused to do the alignment saying they don't have the right equipments to do the alignment as i had alloys on my car..
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,803 Times
Default

@NFS2024 ----

EDIT 2: For i10, these are the readings.

Front:

Camber: -0deg 00'. Tolerance of +- 0deg 30'

Caster: 2deg 40'. Tolerance of : +-0deg 30'

Total Toe: 0deg 00' +- 0deg 20'

Rear:


Camber: -1deg 00'. Tolerance of +-0deg 30'

Total Toe: -0deg 40' . Tolerance of +-0 deg 20'


EDIT: Sorry. The following readings are for i20. Will correct it with readings for i10 soon enough.
Front:

Camber: -0deg 30'. Tolerance of +- 0deg 30'

Caster: 3deg 30'. Tolerance of : +- 0deg 30'

Total Toe: 0deg 0' tolerance of +-0deg 20'

Rear:


Camber: -1deg 30'. Tolerance of +-0deg 30'

Total Toe: -0deg 40' . Tolerance of +-0deg 20'

@Jango --- That is bullshit actually. If they have an alignment machine, they can do it irrespective of the wheels.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 1st April 2009 at 17:10.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:04   #4
BHPian
 
jango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York & kotayam
Posts: 798
Thanked: 19 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
@NFS2024 ----
@Jango --- That is bullshit actually. If they have an alignment machine, they can do it irrespective of the wheels.
Thanks Nikhil, now i have a reason to get back to Trident Hyundai.
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:11   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,803 Times
Default

Jango, dont push them. If they dont want to do alignment on your car, good for you. Go to some other place where the people are keen to do more for you. They are the ones losing your business. Go somewhere else.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:00   #6
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@ NFS did Advaith Hyundai get the wheel alignment done for your car, running on Alloys during the free service ??. I got my i10 serviced at Trident Hyundai, Jakkasandra but they refused to do the alignment saying they don't have the right equipments to do the alignment as i had alloys on my car..
Yes advaith did the wheel alignment for the car inspite of knowing that i was running on Alloys. Am not sure the kind of equipment advaith has in their sarjapur service centre.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:03   #7
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Jango, dont push them. If they dont want to do alignment on your car, good for you. Go to some other place where the people are keen to do more for you. They are the ones losing your business. Go somewhere else.
Nikhil - i also checked at advaith JP nagar centre in blr. The service advisor said that they have a sensor based wheel alignment machine and it is not appropriate for Alloy wheels.

He advised that i should get the alignment done on a machine which does it manually and that is the correct way to get the alloys aligned.

Planning to check out at Vijay wheel alignment center.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:05   #8
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
@NFS2024 ----

EDIT 2: For i10, these are the readings.
@Jango --- That is bullshit actually. If they have an alignment machine, they can do it irrespective of the wheels.
@Nikhil - am sorry am a bit confused. What is the correct setting for i10 out of the two readings you have mentioned?
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:59   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,803 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Nikhil - i also checked at advaith JP nagar centre in blr. The service advisor said that they have a sensor based wheel alignment machine and it is not appropriate for Alloy wheels.

He advised that i should get the alignment done on a machine which does it manually and that is the correct way to get the alloys aligned.

Planning to check out at Vijay wheel alignment center.
Well, it's better for you that you dont get it done there. Maybe they are using the wrong wheel adapters or maybe some really old equipment.

Same way, I dont think Vijai can help you. They use equipment from the 1970s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
@Nikhil - am sorry am a bit confused. What is the correct setting for i10 out of the two readings you have mentioned?
The first one.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 2nd April 2009 at 18:10.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel Alignment Data for MM550XD Jaskirat 4x4 Technical 4 5th September 2011 10:38
Wheel Alignment Data - Ford Endeavour 4x4 ssh1979 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 7 31st August 2011 21:35
Wheel Alignment Data for Ford Fiesta Jaskirat Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 6 2nd April 2009 19:12
Newbie questions - wheel balancing, wheel alignment. johy Technical Stuff 8 6th December 2006 10:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks