| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th May 2009, 03:37||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 0 Times
Suggestions for 15" alloys & tyres for Ford Fiesta
Hey guys, This is my first post here & I would like to introduce myself. I'm Suresh & I'm from Chennai.
I own a white Dec '07 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi & a '06 Pulsar 150. The Fiesta has done 17500 kms till date without any sort of issues & I'm in love with my car, to say the least. Though this baby is no match to the petrol version in terms of power, I think it more than makes up for it in terms of fuel efficiency & great driveability. Being a diehard petrolhead, I never thought I would end up buying a diesel -- but I have and I certainly don't regret it.
I have been a member of Team-BHP for sometime now & I must say I have learnt quite a lot from this community. Hope to learn more and get to know many of you folks here.
I have been thinking of replacing my stock rim & tyres with 15" alloys & 195/55 R 15 tyres. I would like to clarify certain issues that I have before I go ahead.
1) I would like to know if the ride quality will be affected too much & whether the steering will feel harder. Because 70% of my driving is in the city & half of the roads that I drive in Chennai are not in a really good state.
2) My budget is 30-35k. I have seen HR, Lenso & Prestige alloys. I would like to know which are the reliable brands in this price range.
3) Is the price quoted by the dealer fair enough?
The price given by a dealer in Chennai
For 15" alloys (set of 4):
Rs. 17,500 - HR
Rs. 16,750 - Prestige
Rs. 17,750 - Prestige (white)
Rs. 21,000 - Lenso (copper colour)
For 195/60 R15 tyres (per tyre):
Rs.3750 - Yokohoma S Drive/ES100 & Maxxis MA Z1
Rs.4800 - Michelin Primacy LC
He has offered to take my 4 existing tyres (done 17500 kms) for Rs.3000. I'm yet to get quotes from other dealers & I have not yet bargained with this dealer on the prices. I'm hoping that the final price will be a little lesser than what he has given now.
4) Will I be able to run my stock 14" rim with stock tyre (175/65 R14) as spare? Or is it necessary to buy 5 alloys?
5) Which brand of tyres should I go for? Are Michelins worth the extra cost?
I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me your suggestions.
Mods: Please move this to the appropriate thread if required
|9th May 2009, 12:49||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 103,534 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road||SS-Traveller||4x4 Excursions||55||10th November 2016 22:56|
|13" tyres on 14" alloys||harry2223||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||6||29th December 2008 14:18|
|Any good resorts in "Karwar" & "Goa"||lohithrao||Route / Travel Queries||7||31st October 2007 14:10|
|15" alloys & tyres, K&N conical filter, Iridium plugs and Splitfire cables for sale.||karthik247||Shifting gears||9||24th January 2007 20:33|