Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 12:37   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I recently changed the tyres on my punto. Got Rs 1000 per tyre as replacement( car has done 10000 kms). Each Primacy LC tyre costed 4950/-. Bougt it from Autoworld, Ambience Mall Gurgaon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Expect Rs. 1800-2000 for Goodyear as buyback price. Primacy LC in stock size for Linea (195/60R15) should retail around Rs. 4600-4700 in pune.
dhir_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:00   #122
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
I recently changed the tyres on my punto. Got Rs 1000 per tyre as replacement( car has done 10000 kms). Each Primacy LC tyre costed 4950/-. Bougt it from Autoworld, Ambience Mall Gurgaon.
Never buy tyres from Malls. Reliance or otherwise.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:10   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 1,239
Thanked: 515 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
I recently changed the tyres on my punto. Got Rs 1000 per tyre as replacement( car has done 10000 kms). Each Primacy LC tyre costed 4950/-. Bougt it from Autoworld, Ambience Mall Gurgaon.
@ dhir_d: Replacement/buyback price depends upon how much tyres were run for. 'Ferrari1976' was going to change/swap tyres on day 1, hence that cost. Buyback price for your stock tyres is lower as you had put on 10,000 Kms on stock tyres.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 12:29   #124
BHPian
 
ilovefls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I got the CPC2 in 205/55/R16 from Saifee yesterday for 7.5k per tyre.
I think you would be happier with CPC2 than with the Primacy LC given the road conditions in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
I couldn't find continental CPC2 tires with the dealers.
Please let me know where can I find one in Mumbai suburubs.

I got a quotation for primacy LC and Yokohama ES501 205/60/16.
the dealer is asking for 7800 per tire for primacy LC and 6300 for yokos.
Not sure if its on higher side or not, also he is only giving me 3000 for JK vectra in exchange.

If anyone has got better deal recently in Mumbai, kindly let me know.
ilovefls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 21:11   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default Bye Bye Turanza

Two of my OEM Turanza ER300s were damaged when I drove on a rough road that had buildings under construction. The nails/stones (or whatever they were) damaged i.e. sliced the sidewalls on both LHS tyres. Fortunately no leaks but the cuts made me a little nervous given I use my car mainly for long distance high speed driving.

After much thinking I decided to bite the bullet and switched to Michelins P-LCs 195/65 R15 (all 5 tyres including the unused spare) on my Altis. This change comes after sticking to BS for over 9 years (last Michelin was the Certis on my Esteem in 2000-01 interspersed with an experience with Falkens that is best forgotten.

These PLCs are even softer than the ER300s but I needed to experience that comfort and decided to bite the bullet.

First impression when I drove back home from my dealer is as expected - very good. ZERO rolling noise and the feelin that I am driving a different car! Of course with weak sidewalls (which I ranted about earlier) I need to be careful and will avoid rough roads as much as possible.

I got a Michelin warranty card and a nice Michelin branded Reebok track suit under some new scheme. All in all a good experience so far.

Cheers!

PS - And the dealer was kind enuff to fill the new automotive 'snake oil' in my tyres - nitrogen! LOL!

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th March 2010 at 21:25. Reason: Nitrogen comment added
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 22:11   #126
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I was looking for this type of forum and today only I was able to search for this .
So my question is I want to go for Primacy LC on my civic with the similar profile but is there any difference in 195/65/R15 (Stock size) or 195/60/R15 which one is better, basically in case of civic 195/60/R15 is better over stock size or not?
In my case driving is 60% on highway always 100- 120 or 120+ very very occasionaly whenever I get a chance but very controlled never screeched my tyres no high speed cornering..... like to drive fast on highways only.

Another question .... I have to change on my Indica and the current sizer is 185/60/R13 (On Allloys) in this same zise I want an option between Micheline and Bridgestone the driving would be only city driving and very very sedate driving......

Last edited by Dippy : 22nd March 2010 at 09:24. Reason: Back to back posts.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 22:49   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Another question .... I have to change on my Indica and the current sizer is 185/60/R13 (On Allloys) in this same zise I want an option between Micheline and Bridgestone the driving would be only city driving and very very sedate driving......
Though I am sure the tyre gurus on TBHP can advise you better on size and availability, I'd believe for sedate driving and comfort go in for the XM1+ or the BS Turanzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
I was looking for this type of forum and today only I was able to search for this .
So my question is I want to go for Primacy LC on my civic with the similar profile but is there any difference in 195/65/R15 (Stock size) or 195/60/R15 which one is better, basically in case of civic 195/60/R15 is better over stock size or not?
In my case driving is 60% on highway always 100- 120 or 120+ very very occasionaly whenever I get a chance but very controlled never screeched my tyres no high speed cornering..... like to drive fast on highways only.
Your highway driving habits more or less mirror mine. High speed driving (safety first) to cover max distance in min possible time without any sport driving tricks. My spouse refuses to let my exuberance surface whilst driving at highway speeds which I sometimes believe is a good thing after all.

A change to 195/60 can reduce the ride quality and possibly by a minor degree even the GC, already a problem with the Civic. So if you want to maintain the ride, go in for stock size 195/65s.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th March 2010 at 22:50.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 23:48   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

DOnt go for anything below 195/65 R15 on the Civic.

And you dont get XM1+ in that size. Nor do you get ER60s.

My suggestion would be the Conti CPC2 or the Primacy LC.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 08:45   #129
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Though I am sure the tyre gurus on TBHP can advise you better on size and availability, I'd believe for sedate driving and comfort go in for the XM1+ or the BS Turanzas.
Thanks for your suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Your highway driving habits more or less mirror mine. High speed driving (safety first) to cover max distance in min possible time without any sport driving tricks. My spouse refuses to let my exuberance surface whilst driving at highway speeds which I sometimes believe is a good thing after all.

A change to 195/60 can reduce the ride quality and possibly by a minor degree even the GC, already a problem with the Civic. So if you want to maintain the ride, go in for stock size 195/65s.
Cheers!
You nailed it right In my case also it is the wify who keeps an eye on speedometer and moment is goes over 120 she starts saying I am not feeling good, road is bad, there is a lot of traffic and then I have to take my foot off..... But I also think this is good in long term.... Last time I just reached panipat flayover from delhi side and a Captiva goes past at around 150+ I was at 110 but the way he crossed me was a little unexpectable I asked wify just once and she said nothing, Music change in car and then before we reach the toll gate(Distance 8 Km) I crossed that captiva at 160-165 then let him passed by and then did it again and after that same 110 with SVC on normal mode these type of stints once in a while are good but I would not recommend anyone doing this as it all depends on traffic and road quality also your cars condition.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
DOnt go for anything below 195/65 R15 on the Civic.

And you dont get XM1+ in that size. Nor do you get ER60s.

My suggestion would be the Conti CPC2 or the Primacy LC.
Hi Nikhil
Thanks for your suggestion.
Somehow in noida/chandigarh I dont find dealers selling conti I had asked about it last time I visited there and I am also confident in Micheline one of tha factor other than quality is support from dealers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 22nd March 2010 at 09:25. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 11:27   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion

You nailed it right In my case also it is the wify who keeps an eye on speedometer and moment is goes over 120 she starts saying I am not feeling good, road is bad, there is a lot of traffic and then I have to take my foot off..... But I also think this is good in long term....
You're welcome Lalit ji. But Nikhilb has advised you on what you should fit on your car(s). Let me know what you eventually switch to.

Will report on my experiences with the Michelins after having stuck to BS for nearly a decade.

The Bridgestones (S/B series, Turanzas, Potenzas) served me well on different cars over lakhs of kms on good roads and bad. Not a single problem. Needless to say all wheel and suspension maintenance (WB/WR/WA) was always meticulously performed at regular suggested intervals. My confidence in BS remains. Now let us see how the Michelins perform. Time will tell.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 21st March 2010 at 11:30. Reason: typo
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 21:44   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default

Just discovered today that the P-LCs on my car are made in Italy, not China as I thought previously.

The tyres are from the 5209 batch which I assume is Week 52 2009. Checked today at a well known dealer in Pune and his PLC 195/65 R15 stock had the same batch # i.e. 5209 and made in Italy.

Of course given Michelin's standards I think they will be of the same quality and performance no matter which country/plant they're made in.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 21:57   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Just discovered today that the P-LCs on my car are made in Italy, not China as I thought previously.

The tyres are from the 5209 batch which I assume is Week 52 2009. Checked today at a well known dealer in Pune and his PLC 195/65 R15 stock had the same batch # i.e. 5209 and made in Italy.

Of course given Michelin's standards I think they will be of the same quality and performance no matter which country/plant they're made in.

Cheers!
I have PLCs on my car too.. how I do check if where they were made? Is there a particular marking/code printed on the tyres?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 23:36   #133
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

R2D2 --- You decoded the 5209 correctly. And as you rightly said, it doesnt matter where it is made. It's just for some silly psychological comfort for us!

iTNerd --- It is written on the sidewall. Maybe on the outside of the tyre or on the inside of the tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 09:02   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
R2D2 --- You decoded the 5209 correctly. And as you rightly said, it doesnt matter where it is made. It's just for some silly psychological comfort for us!

iTNerd --- It is written on the sidewall. Maybe on the outside of the tyre or on the inside of the tyre.
I replaced all 5 OE Bridgestones with Michelin PLC's last week on my Civic. They are from the 4409 batch. Need to find out where they were made. I was told that these tyres are mostly manufactured in Thailand and a small part of it comes from China as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
DOnt go for anything below 195/65 R15 on the Civic.
+1 to that. When I swapped my tyres, I stuck to 195/65 R15 for the Civic. The PLC's are extremely comfortable and I dont have any qualms thus far.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 09:30   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I replaced all 5 OE Bridgestones with Michelin PLC's last week on my Civic. They are from the 4409 batch. Need to find out where they were made. I was told that these tyres are mostly manufactured in Thailand and a small part of it comes from China as well.
I verified the 5209 batch is from Italy and other batches may be from other plants. PLCs are v good but you need to be careful. They have soft sidewalls that are damaged relatively easily when compared to BS and other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
iTNerd --- It is written on the sidewall. Maybe on the outside of the tyre or on the inside of the tyre.
It is on the inner sidewall i.e the side facing the wheel well and chassis hence making it difficult to check unless you hoist the whole car off the ground and walk under it to the wheel. Or park the car on a ramp.

To more adventurous TBHPians, please never, EVER get under a car that is on a jack, it is very dangerous.

Best way for a car owner to find out? Pull the spare wheel out and check. Easy peasy!

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th March 2010 at 09:34.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michelin Primacy LC - Bad experiences privin Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 82 17th February 2010 22:39
Bridgestone Potenza RE88 or Michelin Primacy LC rishi_kapoor Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 8th September 2009 15:21
Michelin Pilot Primacy MC Mayank Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 16 30th December 2008 23:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks