Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 17th August 2009, 11:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, that is quite scary, this news about how bad the JK tyres are. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, low cost considerations appear to dictate what the OEM fitments are, and I notice so many new cars coming with JK. Good idea to swap them when you buy the new car instead of risking one's life.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 23:40   #32

Very Informative.

I have done 46k km on the OE Bridgestone that came with my Scorpio in 2006. I had faced only 2 puctures in one of the tyres (RH rear). I am happy with the performace so far. Only problem I faced was that the tread is not for mud but strictly road. I hoave probably got another 4-5k life left in them so would like to have any recomendations. Requirements: Better hold in mud conditions.

gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 11:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

tsk1979 : Finally I am rid of the two elanzos.

During this process we discovered something very unpleasant. The Elanzos had cracked on the inside. And the cracks are not on sidewall, but underneath the main tread.

Anyways, now I know why this tire costs 1500rs less than comparable Apollo/MRF tires! The answer is low quality. This is the first time I have seen a tire crack from the inside in the main tread region. Sidewall cracks are understandable, but cracks under main tread!

... and steer clear of JK Tires.
@TSK: considering this, we should edit the title to reflect this observation.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 11:50   #34
Team-BHP Support

Already done so! check "rightly so"
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 14:10   #35

A few weeks back, I drove an Innova shod with JK Elanzo Crusero tyres, which were ~300kms old. Even though the tires were squealing under moderate braking and cornering, they didn't seem to loose grip (no lock-ups). There was an instance when i had to hard-brake to a stop from about 100kmph to avoid taking out a jaywalker. Even though the rear wiggled a bit, it didn't lock up, and I was driving alone. Either the LSPV is set up perfect or the tires are grippy!! Not sure if the squeal was because the tires were new or if thats how it is by nature.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 09:28   #36
Default Re: Review JK Elanzo, a grossly underrated tyre(EDIT: Rightly so!)

I stumbled upon this thread, so quickly reviving this with my experience with these tyres.

I am riding on Elanzos for the last 7000 kms, and have done around 10 OTR's now. My experience:
1. 1 Puncture so far. My mistake - Tyre was underinflated and caught a large nail.
2. 1 Sidewall Tear - On an OTR. I was going a bit fast on a rocky surface, and I hit a sharp rock. Totally Driver error and I replaced the tyre.
3. Road Grip and Braking is decent.
4. Road Noise is quite low too.
5. Recently got all Tyres inspected, and everything seemed to be ship shape.
6. Till date my Tyres have not got stuck anywhere on an OTR.

Even if these tyres last me 30K Kms, I would be happy given the kind of abuse I put them through on the OTR's. The next closest alternative was almost twice the cost and came with a similar 2 Ply sidewall.
By the way, I run these with tubes, because my Rims don't take tubeless.

My view - These tyres are value for money.

Last edited by roy_libran : 24th May 2012 at 09:29.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:22   #37

I got the JK Elanzos NXT in my XUV W4. The only thing good is their solid looks but the story pretty much ends there.

The tyre loves to pick up all kind of things in its grooves. The grooves are always full of stone chips of various sizes and the other day I found out a bolt sitting nicely in there. I don't know but I am getting more punctures in this tyres as opposed to my Michelin tyres in the other hatchback that I own. Both are tubeless, I pretty much drive them on the same roads but its a fact the my Michelins are 2 years old and touchwood without a single puncture. And the JK Elanzos are barely 6 months old and have not even completed 10K kms but have already suffered multiple punctures.

I sincerely feel that M&M should have taken few bucks more and had provided a better tyre instead of this bad quality tyres.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 20:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

My 2.5 year, 46 k km-old XUV 500's OE stock JK Elanzo NXT P 235/65 R17 tyres are serving me superbly without even a puncture so far in my drives across 26 states/UT. They retain the tyre pressure even after a month. Today, I checked the tread-depth randomly. It is minimum 5 mm! I am fully satisfied with JK Elanzo and will buy them, when the time comes for replacement.
J.Ravi is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote