Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 21:23   #391
BHPian
 
meetbadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
Hi Team,
I drive Ritz VXi (2012) with mileage of 37,000Kms. currently running with stock JK Tyres. Now I am planning to upgrade it to 185/70/R14 with alloys. Can anyone please suggest good Tyre & Alloy dealer in Bangalore please.
You can either go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1 tyres both are equally good compared to road sense and ground noise. However what I have seen is the side profile of Yokohama is bit softer and could break in case you get the tires on any sharp surfaces.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 10:53   #392
Newbie
 
harsha8253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You can either go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1 tyres both are equally good compared to road sense and ground noise. However what I have seen is the side profile of Yokohama is bit softer and could break in case you get the tires on any sharp surfaces.
Thanks Badri for your valuable suggestion. Also I would request if you know any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
harsha8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 12:19   #393
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 750
Thanked: 1,895 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
...any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
You will find the details in the Directory section of the forum. Go through the same and you will be able to zero in on the ones that are most convenient for you.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 15:13   #394
BHPian
 
meetbadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
Thanks Badri for your valuable suggestion. Also I would request if you know any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
I would suggest you to reach out to Madhu's at Langford road. You can go through their thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html (Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore))
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 15:45   #395
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,989
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You can either go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1 tyres both are equally good compared to road sense and ground noise. However what I have seen is the side profile of Yokohama is bit softer and could break in case you get the tires on any sharp surfaces.
Using Earth 1 on my Ritz from Oct 2017 and I don't feel that the sidewalls are soft, its quite rugged. (90% of my ride is through rural roads)
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:28   #396
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 110 Times
Post Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Using Earth 1 on my Ritz from Oct 2017 and I don't feel that the sidewalls are soft, its quite rugged. (90% of my ride is through rural roads)
I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:39   #397
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,989
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.
Which dealer?

Ask the dealer to be specific and ask the 'why'...Seems to be like that he is bluffing because of low commission or stock.

Last edited by mithun : 3rd August 2018 at 10:40.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:00   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 110 Times
Post Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Which dealer?

Ask the dealer to be specific and ask the 'why'...Seems to be like that he is bluffing because of low commission or stock.
What he said is, Earth-1 manufactured in India are having quality issues. Dealer is Popular tyres, Muvattupuzha. There is another big tyre shop here, let me check there views also.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 00:26   #399
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
Hi Team,
I drive Ritz VXi (2012) with mileage of 37,000Kms. currently running with stock JK Tyres. Now I am planning to upgrade it to 185/70/R14 with alloys. Can anyone please suggest good Tyre & Alloy dealer in Bangalore please.
With 14 inch I did not find many alloys with an offset close to the OEM values.
OEM offset is "ET 45" Most alloys in 14 inch are with offset below "ET 30"

So i upsized to 15 inch where you get more options and I was able to find one with good design and an offset of "ET 38"

You may use this site to find the best upsize with minimal side-effects including those from offsets.
automobilophile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread hemlock Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 2072 12th August 2018 21:19
Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread abhibh Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 364 12th July 2018 11:34
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread iWonder Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 85 7th March 2018 23:56
Maruti Suzuki A-Star : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread JKBKS Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 63 30th January 2018 11:40
Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread loving_alaap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 265 2nd July 2017 08:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks