Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 23:28   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Formula racing alloy wheels?

Hi Folks,

I found a good alloy wheels (look wise)for Ritz today, it is from a company called "Formula(1) Racing" from Taiwan. I got a quote for 16K for all five wheels, chrome nuts, wheel alignment and balancing. It comes with one year warranty against manufacturing defects. Since i never heard of this brand, i would like to get opinion from TBHP. Please help me in deciding the alloy wheels. Is it a reputed brand? OK to buy? How is the pricing?

Thanks

P.S : Mods, i searched TBHP for this brand, couldn't find any threads.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:38   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Never even heard of these. Any Pictures??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:40   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Never even heard of these. Any Pictures??
Nope, i don't have any pictures, will try and get if possible tomorrow.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:44   #4
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

I Suggest u stay away from such unheard brands. Stick to someting that is known and trusted.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:59   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I Suggest u stay away from such unheard brands. Stick to someting that is known and trusted.
Oh. I liked the design very much. It was Black and white combination. Think of a small 14" BMW 7 series alloy in black and white.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:09   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

the 7er has several wheel options. Which one in specific are you talking about?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:23   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
the 7er has several wheel options. Which one in specific are you talking about?
It was like this one,
Attached Images
 
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:31   #8
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

just another chinese stuff imo.dont compromise your safety for design..
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:34   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Go for HRS (HR), you have ample options in 14", more than what you can dream of. I bet.

All the best.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:36   #10
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

go for konig bro..or lensos if u dont havde budget restraints..
else HR are also very good.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

Lensos are not availablei n 14". Konigs: Lots of fakes. Be careful. Some 'konigs' get bent so easily it make me believe they arent original.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 00:40   #12
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

then best option is HR my friend..
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 01:43   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Nikhil, only one design is available in Lenso 14" in 4 different finishes. I saw it at Just Wheels, the Delhi dealer for Lensos and P&Ws.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 11:18   #14
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Beware!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi Folks,

I found a good alloy wheels (look wise)for Ritz today, it is from a company called "Formula(1) Racing" from Taiwan. I got a quote for 16K for all five wheels, chrome nuts, wheel alignment and balancing. It comes with one year warranty against manufacturing defects. Since i never heard of this brand, i would like to get opinion from TBHP. Please help me in deciding the alloy wheels. Is it a reputed brand? OK to buy? How is the pricing?

Thanks

P.S : Mods, i searched TBHP for this brand, couldn't find any threads.
Hey Bro, just yesterday I was hunting for alloys for my Zen and saw a few good designs of these F1 Racing. I was at the very famous Car Shringar both near liestyle and JC road here in bangalore. The owner, after knowing that I am a member of T-BHP, advised staying away from this very brand. He said and i quote " I have sold atleast a half a dozen sets of these F1's and all have reported the chrome plating peeling off in a month and a few have called in for rims bending ". He said you can buy them as they work out real cheap and look prety decent but the build quality is really poor and he will not be answerable if anything were to go wrong. So i bought a set of 4 from Plati. Although Plati's dont have warranty but i see them on so many cars including my friends that i can trust its quality. So a friendly advise bro, stay away if you want peace of mind!!!
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 11:49   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Bro, just yesterday I was hunting for alloys for my Zen and saw a few good designs of these F1 Racing. I was at the very famous Car Shringar both near liestyle and JC road here in bangalore. The owner, after knowing that I am a member of T-BHP, advised staying away from this very brand. He said and i quote " I have sold atleast a half a dozen sets of these F1's and all have reported the chrome plating peeling off in a month and a few have called in for rims bending ". He said you can buy them as they work out real cheap and look prety decent but the build quality is really poor and he will not be answerable if anything were to go wrong. So i bought a set of 4 from Plati. Although Plati's dont have warranty but i see them on so many cars including my friends that i can trust its quality. So a friendly advise bro, stay away if you want peace of mind!!!
That's bad. I will hunt for either Lenso or HR brands. Budget is not a problem when it comes to safety. I drive a lot in highways and it requires better wheels and rims. Thanks buddy for cautioning me.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area) tsk13 Delhi NCR 37 30th December 2016 17:07
IIT Delhi students making formula car for Formula SAE rishibravo Technical Stuff 12 24th April 2008 19:53
Kyowa Racing Alloy Wheels narasimha raju Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 2 16th July 2006 13:26
Formula One Racing For Dummies milindbajekal Int'l Motorsport 2 23rd February 2005 15:29
Formula One Boat Racing Mumbai Gordon Indian Motorsport 10 9th March 2004 13:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks