Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2005, 18:20   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,385
Thanked: 14,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
185/70 r13 is the recommended upgrade for baleno.
Yeah, it will have very little speedo error (-0.84%), however it reduces your GC by 2.5mm.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 00:18   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 22,612 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
@Rehaan, suppose I go with 4 175 width tyres and retain the stepney at 165, if in case I need to change one of the tyres due to puncture or any other reason, will it be ok if three tyres are 175 and one of them is 165? .
Hi Stryker,

Well on a baleno it shouldnt be a problem.
The only time i see a problem arising is when a car is equipped with ABS/EBD, because the system misinterprets the odd-one-out tire (which has a slightly different overall diameter) to be moving slower/faster than the other 3 wheels and uses the systems to try to counteract that.

Arup10,
I think the reason 185s were suggested to you is because it is difficult to find 175s in a profile that matches the stock baleno tyre? im not too sure about this. (Point to note for styrker as well).

As for the implications of going up to 185, FE will decrease slightly, atleast in theory, road holding will naturally increase, and comfort depends on which brand tire, although there will be more tire touching the road so you will be picking up more undulations.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:59   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: Once
Default tyre brand

I think I'll go for the upgrade.
Any suggestons on the tyre brands???
arup10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 10:10   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks@ V1p3r. I will go for the same.
Sachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:18   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

See if you can get Yokohama. Else Goodyear Ducaros are good. People like Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs, but I somehow don't trust them!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:45   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
People like Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs, but I somehow don't trust them!
Why do you say that?
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:55   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
See if you can get Yokohama. Else Goodyear Ducaros are good. People like Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs, but I somehow don't trust them!
Thanks for the info. BTW how are Goodyear Eagle NCT5/ NCT3
arup10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 23:42   #53
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi,

I requested the dealer to put Headlight 90/100 for my Baleno. He refused the same by saying that RTO has objected this.

Anybody having any info on this.
Sachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2005, 08:19   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

NCT series is good. My friend has 175s on his WagonR and it feels well planted. Yokohama best bet. Just ask Iceman!!!

@ported...too many bubbles and cracks in B-S322s and S-280s....stock Indian fitments...I KNOW that G-IIIs are made abroad and tubeless et al...but still...

@sachin - Yeah...the headlights are illegal...technically...buy them outside but get them fitted ONLY at the dealer...else full warranty is void

Last edited by v1p3r : 23rd June 2005 at 08:20. Reason: headlights!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 00:19   #55
BHPian
 
Revvhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 450
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

You wanna chage tyres- Get the Michelin Certis!!!!!!!
I have had them on my Matiz (as replacemnt)
and then on my Baleno- (rolled out of showroom, staight to the tyre dealer!!)

The Handling and comfort are unmatched by anthing else avaliable in the indian market
(i.e as in with proper dealers & backup)

My Matiz top speed went up from 130 to 140 straight, due to the reduced rolling resistance
so expect some marginal FE improvement

And they are silent -
The Goodyear F1 eagles have great handling & wet wx charecter, but completely lose on comfort and make the racket of a lifetime!!!


Headlights- When upgrading, ensure that you install a cut-out
PS the dealer who told you this is illegal is right but i wonder if any of the Bombay dealers ever bother to poinbt out that regestering your Mumbai car in Thane/vashi aint a 100% legal either, ps i do notice you are from B'lore tho
Revvhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 15:39   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 137
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hey Stryker,

one bit of opinion, not sure if it is correct, BUT when you run a different sized spare tyre, Dont drive for too long with the spare. say not more than 100kms (??)

Since the tyres sizes are different, the outer dia would be different too, which might have an impact on the suspension and tyre wear if driven hard and long.

regards,
Rahul
rahulmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 16:09   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,385
Thanked: 14,315 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
one bit of opinion, not sure if it is correct, BUT when you run a different sized spare tyre, Dont drive for too long with the spare. say not more than 100kms (??)
Good call
That's the standard warning that comes along with the usage of undersized spare tyre.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 16:38   #58
BHPian
 
Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 643 Times
Default

Hey no worries on the "runnig too much with an undersized spare tyre" front. I have ordered 175/70/R13 Bridgestone replacement for my Baleno for all 5 tyres. So this is no longer a problem. Dealer exchange cost me 5K extra on the unused rubber. Good deal or could have been better?
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 17:13   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: Once
Default

hey stryker, why 175/70 and not 185/70 ???
170 is i guess not the ideal upsize for baleno.
arup10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 19:31   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

@stryker, the deal you're gettin is pretty good for an exchange...all the more because it is the dealer. But which rubber are you buying, and is it tubeless? That would tell us how good the deal is!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SX4 Zxi, JK Vectra Stock Tyres, should I change to low profile tyres ? Shankyz Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 25 1st May 2012 20:47
Mileage of Stock tyres? finneyp Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 37 21st October 2009 03:17
any one selling there stock tyres for upgrade sankeerthreddy Shifting gears 5 21st March 2007 11:17
Stock tyres on NHC jesal Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 4 11th January 2006 10:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks