Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 11:21   #1
BHPian
 
Switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default 3300Km old Yoko ADrives side wall gave away.

I bought this set of tyres about 2 months ago. The car in question is Swift. Woke up today morning just be informed by my domestic help that one of the car tyre is flat. Took it off and took it to my nearby petrol pump. The guy pumped in air and told me that the side wall had bulged and then busted. There is a very small c shaped cut which i could see.

Totally upset as of now. Is this covered under the warrenty/gurantee of the tyre. The tyre size is 195/55/R15 and was bought from Bk tyres Delhi.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Can you post a pic of the damaged tire?
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:18   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Thats quite a low profile. Most probably damaged while driving over a pothole or something similar.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:26   #4
BHPian
 
Switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Sorry the profile is 195/60/R 15 which is considered to be a correct upsize. Also the car is new hence i haven't taken it out of the city roads yet(which are excellent here in Noida).

Will post a pic soon.

But you guys still haven't answered my question. What kind of warranty/guarantee is there in Yoko A Drives.

Last edited by Switch : 14th July 2009 at 12:45.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 13:28   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Contact BK Tyres, they'll forward your concern to Yokohama.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 15:44   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Would be really good if you can post a pic. Also, was the tyre inflated correctly? And I mean correctly... not with bunk/puncture shack faulty gauges.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:26   #7
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I bought this set of tyres about 2 months ago. The car in question is Swift. Woke up today morning just be informed by my domestic help that one of the car tyre is flat. Took it off and took it to my nearby petrol pump. The guy pumped in air and told me that the side wall had bulged and then busted. There is a very small c shaped cut which i could see.

Totally upset as of now. Is this covered under the warrenty/gurantee of the tyre. The tyre size is 195/55/R15 and was bought from Bk tyres Delhi.
sad to know that...especially on yoko...

Did you drive the car on a punctured or less inflated tyre knowingly or unknowingly ?

Tyre warranties that come from Michelin, Yoko usually ranges from 3-5 years that covers air bubble, side wall bulge/cracks etc...so go for the warrranty and get them replaced. 3300 Kms is nothing as compared to the overall life time it should run
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 00:47   #8
BHPian
 
Switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Well BK Tyres as in Mr. Jitesh declined the warranty saying that i should have gotten the Tyre when it was just the air-bubble. Now when its cracked he can't entertain the warranty.

I did one mistake when i bought these tires. I didn't take the bill as it was almost 8:30 and i had to leave for my home. But i did call up BK tires informing them that i have forgot to get the bill from them. Mr. Jitesh promised that he would make the bill and i call collect it next time i am there, but yesterday when i asked him for the bill he declined saying that his bill book is with his accountant and he will pass me the bill next time i go to him. I know my mistake.

Nevermind, i got my tyre fixed from a local shop in Noida(He did a cold patch as what he called it and reversed the tire on the alloy) and i am getting that bill even if i have to travel specially to latpatnagar for that. There are three more tires in my car and i think without a bill i cant really get in touch with yokohama directly now can i.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 00:58   #9
BHPian
 
amitverma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 346
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

same thing happened to my A-drives as well. the side wall tore up. the dealer flatly declined to entertain the warranty. said it tyre warranty is only entertained for manufacturing defects, if any, crop up. i had to put in a tyre tube.
really regretted my decision to go in for B&W tyres. i bought these tyres for 3400/- per tyre and a friend of mine got MY01s (non B&W) for 2700/- a piece.
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:22   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,489
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Well BK Tyres as in Mr. Jitesh declined the warranty saying that i should have gotten the Tyre when it was just the air-bubble. Now when its cracked he can't entertain the warranty.

I did one mistake when i bought these tires. I didn't take the bill as it was almost 8:30 and i had to leave for my home. But i did call up BK tires informing them that i have forgot to get the bill from them. Mr. Jitesh promised that he would make the bill and i call collect it next time i am there, but yesterday when i asked him for the bill he declined saying that his bill book is with his accountant and he will pass me the bill next time i go to him. I know my mistake.

Nevermind, i got my tyre fixed from a local shop in Noida(He did a cold patch as what he called it and reversed the tire on the alloy) and i am getting that bill even if i have to travel specially to latpatnagar for that. There are three more tires in my car and i think without a bill i cant really get in touch with yokohama directly now can i.

I think you should still try and talk to Yoko directly and at least have them check out the tyre. Give Rahulkool (Rahul on TE) a buzz, he has a few yoko contacts and give it a shot.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default

First mistake: Not getting the bill.

Second mistake: Not noticing the bulge on the sidewall. No company will entertain a claim for that. Sorry, but it's your bad luck.

Third and biggest mistake: Trying to run that tyre with a patch on the inside of it on your car. Get rid of that immediately. Your life is not worth 3.4k. Use that repaired tyre purely as a spare.
To be used in emergencies at slow speeds.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:44   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

please put a picture for clear picture of the crack. it is not advisable to put your life on a repaired tubeless. change the tyre, forget the issue, be watchful in the future and move on.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:45   #13
BHPian
 
WasavaTyres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 239 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Second mistake: Not noticing the bulge on the sidewall. No company will entertain a claim for that.
Nikhil I think the 'bulge' theory came into play at the petrol bunk end. He must've already nicked the tyre when it was parked for the night. Hence the deflation. If there was a only a bulge air wouldn't have leaked. The petrol bunk guy must have played tyre expert and told him it's burst after bulging.

Switch like Nikhil rightly said, get a new tyre and use this one as the spare.
WasavaTyres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 11:35   #14
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Well BK Tyres as in Mr. Jitesh declined the warranty saying that i should have gotten the Tyre when it was just the air-bubble. Now when its cracked he can't entertain the warranty.

Nevermind, i got my tyre fixed from a local shop in Noida(He did a cold patch as what he called it and reversed the tire on the alloy) and i am getting that bill even if i have to travel specially to latpatnagar for that. There are three more tires in my car and i think without a bill i cant really get in touch with yokohama directly now can i.

Switc, I'd rather say either you either escalate the matter to YOKO and get a replacement or get it yourself, dont retain the "patched" tyres. Spending another Rs 3400 would be the safe bet to prevent another ordeal.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 12:32   #15
BHPian
 
WasavaTyres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 239 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Switc, I'd rather say either you either escalate the matter to YOKO and get a replacement.
s3va since the tire has already been repaired there is no chance of any 'replacement' now.
WasavaTyres is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side wall puncture fixing dwaraka Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 55 16th March 2013 09:53
Short trip to Khodshi: View of the old dam from the new wall mayuresh Travelogues 1 27th August 2012 16:39
How safe? - Front tyre with a bubble on side wall vinit.merchant Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 24 28th December 2011 14:31
Yoko S Drives : 1 year, 9 tyres, 2 blow outs, 4 side wall bulges kj302 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 26 25th March 2011 01:53
Need Serious Help..Michelin PP2 or BF Goodrich Or Yoko but what Yoko ?? Tool Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 22 25th May 2008 23:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks