Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 20:50   #196
BHPian
 
Sound_Affects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Punto in india has 98pcd and thats pretty much confirmed by the fact that i had slight niggles while trying to fit the 100pcd rims on. So i am most certain that its 98pcd
Sound_Affects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 14:48   #197
BHPian
 
Wind splitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 123
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Stock wheel as stencil

May be we can try matching the holes of the stock rims with alloys (like a stencil), by that we can get to know if we are getting the right wheels with right PCD.

This idea struck to my mind while driving
Wind splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 07:15   #198
BHPian
 
torqueyTND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I just got it confirmed by Mr.Kishore (Accessory head) at FORTUNE CARS , MUMBAI (Powai) now shifted to Marwah Estate that GP has 98 PCD alloy , earlier i tried contacting and logged in a request with FIAT HELPLINE and the women said the request will be answered in 48 hours for a simple Question & a FIAT tech will get back with me -- that moment never came!!!

So i think people who all wanting to put in 100 pcd beware the chances are after a long run there may be chances of wobbly drive as confirmed by Mr.Kishore thereof

Cheers

Last edited by torqueyTND : 20th April 2010 at 07:16. Reason: additions
torqueyTND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 13:07   #199
MCR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 727
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Hello guys, I want to buy 98PCD alloys and Conti Sportcontact2 tires 195 / 60 R15 for my Punto.
Can somebody please let me know where I can buy the same in Bangalore

Guys is Conti sportcontact a good option or should I look at Yokohama?
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 13:48   #200
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Hello guys, I want to buy 98PCD alloys and Conti Sportcontact2 tires 195 / 60 R15 for my Punto.
Can somebody please let me know where I can buy the same in Bangalore

Guys is Conti sportcontact a good option or should I look at Yokohama?
you can buy it from madhus , the owner is a member here Nikhilb2008.
He can help you out with the rite tire choice as well.

Last edited by ms001 : 21st April 2010 at 14:06.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:06   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Hello guys, I want to buy 98PCD alloys and Conti Sportcontact2 tires 195 / 60 R15 for my Punto.
Can somebody please let me know where I can buy the same in Bangalore

Guys is Conti sportcontact a good option or should I look at Yokohama?
Contisportcontact is not availble in 15". What youy get is the Continental CPC2.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:13   #202
MCR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 727
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
you can buy it from madhus , the owner is a member here Nikhilb2008.
He can help you out with the rite tire choice as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Contisportcontact is not availble in 15". What youy get is the Continental CPC2.

Thanks ms001 and Nikhilb2008.

@ Nikhil ,Which one do you recommend considering grip + life + low noise and comfort. Is it Conti or Yokohama?
Also what would be the approximate cost for 5 alloys and 5 tires?

Last edited by MCR : 21st April 2010 at 17:15.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:59   #203
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

It would definitely be the Continental CPC2.

In 195/60 R15, the tyre would cost you about 4.7k or so. Alloys would cost you around 23-24k for a set of 5.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 08:20   #204
R17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Query for the knowledgeable junta.

I have just booked a Punto Emo-Pack. Ive been driving a Swift for a few years now and it screeches and wails to kingdom come, everytime I brake from a speed or take a sharp turn. Now, Im a complete noob in tire-talk but I want to change the Punto's stock tires for some better quality rubber (perhaps Conti/Michelin/Yoko) right at the delivery. But while handling is important for me, ride quality is of paramount importance and especially so for my folks and grandfolks who will use the car a fair bit. So I cant compromise on the ride quality at all. With this in mind, can you suggest which would be the ideal tire set for me? To sum it up again, important criteria for me are - ride quality, noise, longevity and grip.

Also, how much would I get for exchanging the brand new set of stock tires of the Punto Emo Pack?

Thanks.
R17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 08:51   #205
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Query for the knowledgeable junta.

I have just booked a Punto Emo-Pack. Ive been driving a Swift for a few years now and it screeches and wails to kingdom come, everytime I brake from a speed or take a sharp turn. Now, Im a complete noob in tire-talk but I want to change the Punto's stock tires for some better quality rubber (perhaps Conti/Michelin/Yoko) right at the delivery. But while handling is important for me, ride quality is of paramount importance and especially so for my folks and grandfolks who will use the car a fair bit. So I cant compromise on the ride quality at all. With this in mind, can you suggest which would be the ideal tire set for me? To sum it up again, important criteria for me are - ride quality, noise, longevity and grip.

Also, how much would I get for exchanging the brand new set of stock tires of the Punto Emo Pack?

Thanks.
Did you post the same query on my blog as well?
Its a small world.

Anyhow, I replied to you on my blog.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 09:02   #206
BHPian
 
vigneshram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
Punto in india has 98pcd and thats pretty much confirmed by the fact that i had slight niggles while trying to fit the 100pcd rims on. So i am most certain that its 98pcd
I strongly deny,
I have a 100 pcd Plati rim on my Punto.I had no problems whatsoever in fixing.It was as easy as a OE wheel.Only thing is you need a Hub centric ring if the centre bore is different.I got that too.Now its like perfect and no wobbles at 150 kmph too.

And people,Punto had three versions in europe,MkI,MkII and Grande.India got the Grande first.Thats the reason why Fiat calls our cars just punto and not grande.instead tata guys usse Grande as a keyword for sumo grande.MkIand II were 98 pcd.very sure.But grande worldwide is 100.check momo site for ref.Linea is 98 though.Since Linea came here first,I was of the impression that the Indian Linea must be 98 and the same Hub was used in Punto(cost cutting)But why not think otherwise,why not they bring the Punto s hub on the Linea too.I ve seen many Lineans saying 100 pcd has no issues.the genuine type tyre shop guys also say we used to be afraid when we fix it for a Palio(palio required gang drilling of wheels sometimes).But punto and linea,any 100 pcd wheels bolts in perfectly and the only issue is being HUB centric.
And i am using OE bolts so do all Puntos and Lineas with aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by vigneshram : 26th April 2010 at 09:18.
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 09:10   #207
R17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Did you post the same query on my blog as well?
Its a small world.

Anyhow, I replied to you on my blog.
Yep. That was me

Thanks for the response Sumit. As advised, I will stick to the 195/60-R15 config. The Michelins seem a tad expensive so Im thinking of the Continental CPC2 for now.
R17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 09:11   #208
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

R17 ---- The Michelins are perfect for you. But since you say it's too expensive, look at the Conti.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 09:27   #209
R17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
R17 ---- The Michelins are perfect for you. But since you say it's too expensive, look at the Conti.
Nikhil, Im guessing you too are talking about the Michelin Primacy LC and the Conti CPC2. In fact, I was digging around a bit in the Tyre and alloy section to figure out who'd be the resident guru on the matter and was just thinking of PM-ing you for your advice.

Yep, Sumit informs me that the Michelins will cost me 24kish, the Contis will come in for 21ish and Ill get about 15k for exchanging the Punto's brand new stocks. Im thinking if the Conti CPC2 is good enough (ie significantly better than the stocks and not very far off from the Michelins), it should suffice for my needs. Your take?
R17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 09:53   #210
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,799 Times
Default

They would be close. But when it comes to comfort and silence, nothing beats the Michelins.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Screwdriva Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 333 25th November 2017 20:12
Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread vancity Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 235 8th June 2017 16:13
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 8th May 2017 09:17
Fiat Palio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shahmotors Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 637 26th March 2017 12:56
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 29th August 2016 17:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks